Sign in to follow this  
Veinsineon

Speculation: Piano Theme, Morricone, & I Talk To Jesus

BP is July 2014

Oh wow, even earlier, I always thought it was 2015 for some reason. Then I would say that's definetly a really early Honeymoon track, but who knows

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

the whole “i don’t think ___ has demos/outtakes” needs to DIE

there is almost NO way they made and finished an entire song within one session and called it the final version afterwards except it’s something like some things last a long time or smth

wasn’t hbtb one of the last tracks to get recorded? that literally confirms there’s at least one swan song version without the hbtb sample then

i76mrxw.png 

the whole “i don’t think ___ has demos/outtakes” needs to DIE

there is almost NO way they made and finished an entire song within one session and called it the final version afterwards except it’s something like some things last a long time or smth

wasn’t hbtb one of the last tracks to get recorded? that literally confirms there’s at least one swan song version without the hbtb sample then

Yup and she said in an interview during LFL era that she lowered the key of four songs in HM bc she thought she sounded too vulnerable or something

Demos =\= Outtakes.

There will always be song demos, even if it's only one guitar that was lower and then they turned it louder before putting the song on the final tracklist. 

I think the whole Ultraviolence talk is a bit tricky since it was mentioned like "re-recording" the songs with Dan or whatever. It's all a bit foggy and I don't think we'll ever be sure about what happened "in the making" of the record.

We have Demo snippets that make the songs sound a bit more "Polished\Plastic" and "Digital" while the final product is rawer and analog. I still somehow believe that "untoucheable 5" were early drafts for the Record. Also, thinking about it right now, that Black Beauty demo could easily fit with Money Power Glory demo we got.

I don't believe there's "A lot" after she managed to get it right with Dan. A lot of stuff was seem to be done by "CALL IT A DAY" way (Pretty When You Cry, Cruel World??) and things went straight to the record. Unless she really had some songs that were "too personal" or "weak" I don't think she scrapped many songs from this....

Also the way they managed to get 17 songs tucked into the album with all the special editions, I think they tried to milk it til it was almost dried lol 

Demos =\= Outtakes.

There will always be song demos, even if it's only one guitar that was lower and then they turned it louder before putting the song on the final tracklist.

I think the whole Ultraviolence talk is a bit tricky since it was mentioned like "re-recording" the songs with Dan or whatever. It's all a bit foggy and I don't think we'll ever be sure about what happened "in the making" of the record.

We have Demo snippets that make the songs sound a bit more "Polished\Plastic" and "Digital" while the final product is rawer and analog. I still somehow believe that "untoucheable 5" were early drafts for the Record. Also, thinking about it right now, that Black Beauty demo could easily fit with Money Power Glory demo we got.

I don't believe there's "A lot" after she managed to get it right with Dan. A lot of stuff was seem to be done by "CALL IT A DAY" way (Pretty When You Cry, Cruel World??) and things went straight to the record. Unless she really had some songs that were "too personal" or "weak" I don't think she scrapped many songs from this....

Also the way they managed to get 17 songs tucked into the album with all the special editions, I think they tried to milk it til it was almost dried lol

17? I thought there were only 16

The 11 main album tracks

Black Beauty

Guns and Roses

Dorito Kilos

Is This Happiness

Flipside

??

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

West Coast (Skinny Mix)

west coast radio mix or w/e?

O shit forgot about that one

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Oh my bad I read "demos"  :toofunny:  I was like there's sure as hell no Honeymoon demos, Rick let's Lana put out whatever she wants and she loves using the first recording and instrumental, plus you can kinda tell they are none just by the way it sounds. But yeah outtakes would be so interesting!

Born To Die says hello. There’s definitely demo versions of the HM tracks and if there’s multiple versions, I wouldn’t be surprised. The title track I wouldn’t expect demos for, maybe an acapella but probably not a different version with different lyrics. MTWBT was done early on for the album, she talked about that track the week after UV released so I’d expect maybe 2-3 different versions of that one maybe. Just because it was done early on.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Born To Die says hello. There’s definitely demo versions of the HM tracks and if there’s multiple versions, I wouldn’t be surprised. The title track I wouldn’t expect demos for, maybe an acapella but probably not a different version with different lyrics. MTWBT was done early on for the album, she talked about that track the week after UV released so I’d expect maybe 2-3 different versions of that one maybe. Just because it was done early on.

BTD aka back when Lana put effort into her albums sis... Sometimes you guys fail to realize BTD has been in the works since 2009.... where as UV and Honeymoon were birthed in a year. There's definitely no HM demos, only outtakes. But it's fun to dream! :awkney2: 

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I also don’t see how anyone can believe Lana just walks into the studio and leaves with a fully produced song with everything she wanted. Of course there’s exceptions which Lana has said herself, Pretty When You Cry, Y*semite, but even Cruel World which was super “raw” had an early demo that they did in one take which is NOT the same as what we have. Every song has an early concept which is probably just recorded on lana’s phone as a melody or something and then taken into studio and they do early vocals and instruments and then work more on it. They even have to be mixed, which means there are unmixed versions too. I don’t think for a SECOND that there are more than 5 released Lana songs that she just banged out right then and there entirely

I am pretty sure you guys think if no one has it (aka leakers/hoarders) then it just doesn’t exist or its impossible for it to have happened.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I also don’t see how anyone can believe Lana just walks into the studio and leaves with a fully produced song with everything she wanted. Of course there’s exceptions which Lana has said herself, Pretty When You Cry, Y*semite, but even Cruel World which was super “raw” had an early demo that they did in one take which is NOT the same as what we have. Every song has an early concept which is probably just recorded on lana’s phone as a melody or something and then taken into studio and they do early vocals and instruments and then work more on it. They even have to be mixed, which means there are unmixed versions too. I don’t think for a SECOND that there are more than 5 released Lana songs that she just banged out right then and there entirely

I am pretty sure you guys think if no one has it (aka leakers/hoarders) then it just doesn’t exist or its impossible for it to have happened.

All I'm saying is recording a melody on your phone in voice notes, sending it to your producer for him to make an instrumental (Lana has said before most of the time Rick would make her an instrumental to sing over before there was even a demo) then singing over it, and editing it a tiny bit the next day isn't considered a demo to me personally :smokes4: just because you have one different synth, maybe an unmixed drum session, that's not the purpose of demos... they're meant for you to see what direction you should take the song into, just like how diverse BTD demos were. If you wanna called an unmixed session with one different synth a demo, then damn might as well call her voice notes demos too!  :toofunny:  Like I get what you mean, but there's really a difference between an early version of a song, a demo and a rough concept. I'm saying Lana presumably went from rough concept to early version :sadcore: Just my opinion babes

All I'm saying is recording a melody on your phone in voice notes, sending it to your producer for him to make an instrumental (Lana has said before most of the time Rick would make her an instrumental to sing over before there was even a demo) then singing over it, and editing it a tiny bit the next day isn't considered a demo to me personally :smokes4: just because you have one different synth, maybe an unmixed drum session, that's not the purpose of demos... they're meant for you to see what direction you should take the song into, just like how diverse BTD demos were. If you wanna called an unmixed session with one different synth a demo, then damn might as well call her voice notes demos too!  :toofunny:  Like I get what you mean, but there's really a difference between an early version of a song, a demo and a rough concept. I'm saying Lana presumably went from rough concept to early version :sadcore: Just my opinion babes

judging by this then neither beautiful people, love, young & beautiful, summertime sadness, video games or summer bummer demos are.. demos 

i76mrxw.png 

judging by this then neither beautiful people, love, young & beautiful, summertime sadness, video games or summer bummer demos are.. demos 

beautiful people literally is different lyrics and a different key, obviously it's a demo

summertime sadness demo sounds different

summer bummer demo to me isn't a demo it's literally just an early mix

I'm saying if we're considering everything that is slighty different to be a demo then damn