Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

maybe we'll get an exclusive UO cover again where she'll take on the darker side, more related to the witchy theme in the trailer.

that would be cool, seeing as this album is for the fans, and we'd get a choice by which aesthetic we prefer. I'd like that :)

plus i'm not really in a happy place right now and i adore the witchy vibes much more

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The thing is, whether you like it or not, Lana's album covers will go down in history.

The portrait style she's gone for in all-but-one albums is iconic and basically her trademark in terms of albums. Her coming full circle with the designs really just shows her genius on an artistic level. It has a bit of everything from every era in it (UV colour scheme/filter, BTD background, Love outfit, Honeymoon rim). All of her albums, critically, have done better than the last, and I feel that at some point they have to fall. I think this is designed to be her magnum opus. Anything from here on probably will be a bit on the shaky side (she's had it very good for very long, critically) so I feel as though this is an album that is designed to do us proud artistically.

it's definitely well thought out but her face looks really weird to me. hopefully it'll grow on me. UV will always be my fav cover tho

excuse me but I'm allowed to not like the cover without unstanning. thanks

Wasn't even a reference to you hun, so if you're going to react like that you might want some thicker skin. I'm just saying. Don't take it so literal, haha.

Wasn't even a reference to you hun, so if you're going to react like that you might want some thicker skin. I'm just saying. Don't take it so literal, haha.

Just saying that we should be allowed to critique her on these forums. We don't have to like all the stuff she puts out. Sorry if her newest cover gets some negative feedback

i agree with most people; i want a [possibly b&w] UO cover that has more of the space/witch theme that we've seen in the love video + album trailer. i love this cover but it doesnt fit what we've seen so far at all really.

ZLJIWCD.gif

Just saying that we should be allowed to critique her on these forums. We don't have to like all the stuff she puts out. Sorry if her newest cover gets some negative feedback

And I'm just saying take a joke? Hahaha.

So now that I have calmed down- I think the cover is really nice. I'm so glad to finally be able to have a cover where she smiles. However, this looks more like it's for the love video- I wish she would have combined it more with the LFL trailers aesthetic.

I am excited to see how the boxset will turn out as well as what the UO exclusive cover is going to be- assuming she's doing it again, as well as the rest of the photoshoot. Speaking of the photoshoot, I wonder what the one she posted about a while back was for (the one with the blue sweater)

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I think that the album will really stand out on the shelves. That smile is gorgeous. At first I didn't like it but it's growing on me really fast.

-Homeland of the Gods-