Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I see what you mean- i think that lana sometimes borrows from her idols as more of a reference/nod to their work and it isn't viewed as plagarism but there's kind of no way to make a hard distinction there

When you're at 31 and you came out with your 5'th album you don't just "borrow" from your idols. She borrowed in Love lyrics form the Beach Boys but it was ok. LFL is just lazy

I said that I don't want to make a drama out of it but it let a bad taste in my mouth. I'm a little baffled at how some people are fine with plagiarism here

But it's not plagiarism. Sharing titles doesn't make something plagiarism.

And, if it was plagiarism, then Iggy Pop was a plagiarist, because Lust for Life is the title of a Vincent van Gogh biography and the movie of that biography, both of which precede Iggy Pop's album by decades.

giphy.gif

Lust for Life as plagiarism? A quick look at the Wikipedia page of some works also titled Lust for Life: a novel about Vincent Van Gogh, a 1950s movie based on that book, a poem from the 60s by Jim Morrison that ended up being titled "Ghost Song" by a band member, the Iggy Pop album, and then Lana.

The phrase has been around since the 1930s at least. But i don't see how you equate using a phrase with plagiarism. That's like saying Born to Die is plagiarism....That is such a reach. A false and disrespectful one at that.

You don't like that she sometimes uses common English phrases....idk what to tell you about that because...that doesn't really make sense . Lmao

Lust for Life as plagiarism? Take a quick look at the Wikipedia page of some works also titled Lust for Life.

a novel about Vincent Van Gogh, a 1950s movie based on that book, a poem from the 60s by Jim Morrison that ended up being titled "Ghost Song" by a band member, the Iggy Pop album, and then Lana.

The phrase has been around since the 1930s at least. But i don't see how you equate using a phrase with plagiarism. That's like saying Born to Die is plagiarism....it's a common English phrase. That is such a reach. A false and disrespectful one at that.

You don't like that she sometimes uses common English phrases....idk what to tell you about that because...that doesn't really make sense actually. Lmao.

You speak nothing but the truth.

Artists have the same titles sometimes. It happens.

Copyrights are not allowed for titles. Silly and inciteful to call it that

To say there is plagiarism would be akin to saying Fleetwood Mac, the thriving band that was around for a decade prior to Stevie Nicks

would have sued her for thinking she was Fleetwood Mac.

Or for Genesis fans to sue Phil Collins for confiscating the lead singer of the band

Or for Doobie brothers fans to sue Michael McDonald

Insane.

Iggy though can induct Lana into the Rock Hall of Fame like Green Day did to Iggy.

Great artists are all part of a collective.

BTW, Lana should do something with David Jo, who should be in the HOF himself as should the Dolls

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

so this whole unveiling of album info plan by lana is a mess

she reveals the cover art and then nothing else about the album....

she had an interiew on fader but did nothing to follow up with the hype it gained

she shouldve just kept Love as the only single before the albums release. now fans are not only expecting the tracklist and release date for the album but they are also waiting for a music video,live performances, and more magazine shoots and interviews.

terribly messy. lemme slap whoever came up with this stupid plan

she reveals the cover art and then nothing else about the album

she shouldve just kept Love as the only single before the albums release. now fans are not only expecting the tracklist and release date for the album but they are also waiting for a music video and live performances.

lol im pretty sure there wasn't a plan lana just posts things when she kinda remembers they're happening

she reveals the cover art and then nothing else about the album

she shouldve just kept Love as the only single before the albums release. now fans are not only expecting the tracklist and release date for the album but they are also waiting for a music video and live performances.

I've failed to see what's messy?? She revealed the cover, she did interviews about the album how it was recorded. Her inspiration for the album, the collaborators... What do y'all want????????????????

What's messy here are a bunch of twinks with no patience.

I can't find it now but Lana did an interview a while back about how she wrote Life is Beautiful in 2012 and the song was about a boy who had a best friend who died and I believe she said it was a BTD outtake because it was just a little too specific. And that when it was picked up for Age of Adaline that's why they never released the full song because it didn't fit the theme of the movie.

That's why I thought it was about a gay couple. I mean a lyric does say "come on boy let's go" It may be a reach though then I could see why it was never released. It's just a theory though. I mean it'd be cool for it to be true.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif