Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Took the words out of my mouth. I still am in love with Paradise tho

UV is second to Paradise for me. Both are amazing masterpieces.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think the issue that a lot of us have is that Lana hasn't released anything dark and sexy yet from this album. Usually we praise the dark and sexy side of Lana, so these songs aren't delivering that. These songs are pretty family friendly, except maybe LFL (I don't find LFL sexy at all, gives me a headache :headache: ). 

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Nothing about the LFL tracks so far has anything ot do with the BtD Lana. During BtD, Lana delivered INTERESTING,well-produced music that sticked out as something unique. The LFL stuff is just putting Lana's voice on some generic, mainstrem-y tracks.

The beats are back, it's more pop. Of course it won't be exactly the same but it's leaning more towards BTD than any of her other albums. She should go rock again

EotAQlJ.jpg

UV is second to Paradise for me. Both are amazing masterpieces.

Of course, besides blue velvet, which isn't thaaaat bad, every song on Paradise is flawless 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

The beats are back, it's more pop. Of course it won't be exactly the same but it's leaning more towards BTD than any of her other albums. She should go rock again

Yeah, but beats does not equal beats and pop does not equal pop. On Born To Die, Lana did her own kind of pop. On Lust For Life, she tries to fit inside some sort of generic pop-cocoon. But yeah, she definitly needs to do a rock album.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I think the issue that a lot of us have is that Lana hasn't released anything dark and sexy yet from this album. Usually we praise the dark and sexy side of Lana, so these songs aren't delivering that. These songs are pretty family friendly, except maybe LFL (I don't find LFL sexy at all, gives me a headache :headache: ). 

yeah i really hope the album has a dark side, despite the smiling cover. like i expect most of the songs to be hopeful/happy, but it still needs edge. but i trust lana and i'm sure i will like it regardless

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

And personally my expectation for this album has been pretty low since she released LFL. I don't think we're getting a pretty solid album like BTD or UV, maybe two or three really good tracks but not more. 

EotAQlJ.jpg

Halsey would never release this mess! Queen

I'm totally agree with you... She would release something worse than C-WMM.

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

I just want more flower-y, summer-y, bathing-in-the-sun, uplifting bops like Love. I need a song that's like the chorus, with a very positive tone and uplifting, soaring vocals

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

All I'm hoping for is that she gets back in touch with Dan again for LDR6 to make some magic again or even better yet a brand new producer that she hasn't worked with. Also can she please work with Justin Parker again too.

It's quite clear and apprent now that she needs to ditch Rick. He's a goddamn 'yes' man who doesn't give the vital push that Lana obviously needs in her music.

he's a beta lmaooo

VyIsfwC.jpg