Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I am confused by the hate. Just listened twice and it's awesome. Production is a bit all over the place but it somehow adds to the charm of the song. Only thing I don't really like is the title.

She apparently wrote this song like a month ago (judging from her instagram video), so I can see why the song is a bit sloppy. Other than that, I love the lyrics, her voice, and the overall message.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Like it or not, you have to admit that she is obviously losing all the glamour and greatness she displayed on Born To Die, Paradise, Ultraviolence and even Honeymoon.

The music is the usual-pop-stuff and it isn't really close to her usual "Hollywood-glamour"-aura.

She started to decay with the Weeknd collabs, now she's just one of many artists doing alt-pop.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Oh no, it's not. Love is actually pretty amazing, LFL is just boring, this is straight up repulsive

The production may be supbar but at least it actually feels like a Lana song. Other two sound like Halshit outtakes

VyIsfwC.jpg

Like it or not, you have to admit that she is obviously losing all the glamour and greatness she displayed on Born To Die, Paradise, Ultraviolence and even Honeymoon.

The music is the usual-pop-stuff and it isn't really close to her usual "Hollywood-glamour"-aura.

She started to decay with the Weeknd collabs, now she's just one of many artists doing alt-pop.

:( Lana Del Rey, once one of the few non-mediocre and innovative acts in pop, now is everything she was once the opposite of:( I didn't think it would come so soon lmao

VyIsfwC.jpg

SOOOOOOO I just woke up and these literally about 100,000 pages I can't get to the end. From what I read the songs out and it's the "stairway to heaven" one? So she literally just finished this album.. lmao

She is definitely aiming to reach a more mainstream audience. Even her more pop music songs from back then (Resistance, EMGHW, etc.) have this "Lana magic" despite being "generic".

I'd never expect to not crave one of her title tracks. BTD, UV and HM are beautiful masterpieces.

tbh i think it's the repetitive drum beat that's throwing people off lmao

the end is the best part of the song because the drums are drowned out

it honestly isn't a bad song, just not really a grand one. i expect the album to deliver to most people in some way. i'm excited to finally hear it.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

She is definitely aiming to reach a more mainstream audience. Even her more pop music songs from back then (Resistance, EMGHW, etc.) have this "Lana magic" despite being "generic".

I'd never expect to not crave one of her title tracks. BTD, UV and HM are beautiful masterpieces.

that would be nice and all, but i just don't  see an audience for it

so many of lana fans are little Judas's with no respect or faith in her. If u wanna unstan, then just go.

Why do u feel the need to announce it like we care?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

As much as I think that the track is a tragic mess, it's the most intriguing one from LFL so far (which does not mean much anyway).

When Love came out I thought it was meh, solid yet not really interesting. But I thought that it would just be that way because it was the lead single.

Lust For Life is a piece of sh*t, but I guess that's Abel's bad, generic influence.

Coachella just proves that she completely lost her "touch". The vocals are nice, but the production is messy and muddy as f*ck and the lyrics are cringy. It's generally just a basic track but ... the vocal delivery is nice at least.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

http://www.idolator.com/7662950/lana-del-rey-new-song-coachella-woodstock-in-my-mind-stream

"With its drum machine loop, Lana’s latest sounds more like a bonus offering than a part of the epic Lust for Life universe." 

This seems like one of the first--if not the actual first--article about CWIMM and they even caught onto the terrible drums  :smokes3:

so many of lana fans are little Judas's with no respect or faith in her. If u wanna unstan, then just go.

Why do u feel the need to announce it like we care?

Why should people who love 90 % of her stuff not be allowed to criticize one of the few songs they don't like?

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif