Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

OMG I'M CRYING WE'RE GETTING A JUSTIN PARKER PRODUCED TRACK ON LFL ! THAT'S WHY THEY WERE IN THE STUDIO TOGETHER LAST YEAR

2e716e9b-a230-4dbb-abf8-53fe2b254c2b.gif

giphy.gif

I was reading fast so I may have missed but I don't think she confirmed if it's on the album or not...

The way I interpretated is that she was reluctant but she actually decided to include it on the album? idek

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

can anyone tell me if the "when the world was at war we kept dancing.” will be on the record or not?

most likely

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

In that sense, Del Rey is championing the same values as her influential predecessors, few and far as they may be, or as bamboozled by the power systems in which they thrived. Consider “Beautiful People,” where she trades verses and coalesces on the chorus with the one and only Stevie Nicks, of whom I refer to as a bonafide badass. “I didn’t know what to except or that I could even ask her, Del Rey remarks. “When I went through ideas of women that could really add something to the record, she was the one we kept coming back to. ‘Bonafide badass’ is a great phrase for her. She’s really real. And she’s still fucking touring, which baffles me. There are so few women doing that. You’ve got Courtney Love, who works, sings, tours… there’s not that many women who were making music in the ’70s or ’80s who still make music. It really is pretty crazy.”

:defeated:

giphy.gif

she didnt say that

Well, I have a song that’s quite aware about the collective worry, about whether this is the end of an era. It’s called “When the world was at war we kept dancing.” But I actually went back and forth about keeping it on the record, because I didn’t want it there if it would make people feel worse instead of better. It’s not apathetic. The tone of the production is very dark, and doesn’t lead to a fucking happy feeling.

Doesn't confirm or deny really. 

I'm alive and breathing! Doing all good.

That's good to hear :heart:

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

"[...] "When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing", but she didn't want to include it on her upcoming album: "I didn’t want it there if it would make people feel worse instead of better. It’s not apathetic. The tone of the production is very dark, and doesn’t lead to a fucking happy feeling."

giphy.gif

"When The World Was At War, We Kept Dancing" is SUCH a Father John Misty-esque title. I hope he had something to do with the song

i once asked him on twitter and he said he wasnt involved in any of her projects recently (before pure comedy was released)

giphy.gif

"[...] "When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing", but she didn't want to include it on her upcoming album: "I didn’t want it there if it would make people feel worse instead of better. It’s not apathetic. The tone of the production is very dark, and doesn’t lead to a fucking happy feeling."

But didn't Courtney Love say that LFL will be dark?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Well, I have a song that’s quite aware about the collective worry, about whether this is the end of an era. It’s called “When the world was at war we kept dancing.” But I actually went back and forth about keeping it on the record, because I didn’t want it there if it would make people feel worse instead of better. It’s not apathetic. The tone of the production is very dark, and doesn’t lead to a fucking happy feeling.

Doesn't confirm or deny really. 

yeah i meant that, its not really saying that its not gonna be there, she was indecisive of it

In my opinion, she wouldn't have mentioned the song in the interview if it wasn't on the album. She's announced ALL the album songs through magazines so far so I doubt it's not on the album.