Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

i saw this article in the comments of a reddit threat about that other trash article written about lana and all i have to say is slay this is very well written. fires back at ha critics and explains her appeal really well. defend our queen sis! my favorite lana article ever (also love that she mentioned back to the basics and trash magic :creep:)

http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/23/lana-del-rey-conservative-icon/

"In Lana’s world, the Dream is not so much about acquiring material wealth and upward socioeconomic mobility, but about finding tranquility in romantic companionship. In other words, she is content just to get by and to live in the trailer park as long as she has love.."

"The judgment that Del Rey “depends on men” is also misguided. Searching for love and belonging is an entirely natural phenomenon. Being transparent about it does not render one powerless or diminish one’s autonomy. The concept of “belonging” repulses the Ms. contingent, which sees it as patriarchal. But “belonging” in this circumstance does not mean objectification, a woman being viewed or treated like property."

"In this sense, she may be a more “real” and “relatable” figure for young women to identify with, precisely because she is not a “post-wounded” woman, downplaying her melancholy or her unhappy romances the way that, as Jamison points out, the female characters in Lena Dunham’s television drama “Girls” do."

"In the same vein, Lana may sometimes sing about doomed relationships with seedy or violent men, but that does not mean she espouses such a lifestyle for her fans, or that she even seeks it out for herself. She has explicitly said her “public persona and career has nothing to do with my internal process or my personal life.”

Azaelea Banks just said on Twitter Lana doesn't want to collab due to controversy:

https://twitter.com/xocheapy/status/872228594847817728

Looks like she won't be on LFL then :hooker:

didn't banks gaslight Lana due to her "witch" post giving dates to put a spell on trump? IIrc she hated Lanas open disdain for him & the 'fake' with aesthetic.. while sis over here stinking up the apartment literally slitting chicken throats

didn't banks gaslight Lana due to her "witch" post giving dates to put a spell on trump? IIrc she hated Lanas open disdain for him & the 'fake' with aesthetic.. while sis over here stinking up the apartment literally slitting chicken throats

i literally snorted omfg

I'd like to give AB the benefit of the doubt that she's potentially bipolar or has a personality disorder or some kind because of behaviour is just too irrational and jittery to be justified at this point. The chicken thing is way out there though.

But she's had such a wavy relationship with Lana, I don't know how Lana puts up with the public drags and insults so much when they still seem to be friends, unless there is something else there for AB.

Cause literally they're not together that often but when she says things like "I ask all the time" it suggests hey still talk. Even after the Art Deco drama, the witch thing, this, probably a million other things I'm forgetting..

can y'all shut up about azealia banks in this thread...take it to her own thread

the chicken sacrificing is not your business. thats a factor in her religion and its not for you to judge.

Ugh it's just news get a grip dude. It's not like it's irrelevant info, it's just confirmation that in the near future we aren't getting a collab with them.

Calm your ass down and come back :w8ing:

(Edit: also I don't care if it's her religion or following! No cruelty in my household! Human or chicken, sacrifice is gross!)

Ugh it's just news get a grip dude. It's not like it's irrelevant info, it's just confirmation that in the near future we aren't getting a collab with them.

Calm your ass down and come back :w8ing:

(Edit: also I don't care if it's her religion or following! No cruelty in my household!)

news that got so off topic y'all decided to bash her religion?

news that got so off topic y'all decided to bash her religion?

yOu GuYS aRE bAShInG hER uNEthICal REliGiON

sHEs ALoWEd TO mURdER ANImaLS

We're just talking about the news, sometimes we'll discuss related things. Again, go calm down. And don't freak out that like two posts mentioned the fact she kills animals.

yOu GuYS aRE bAShInG hER uNEthICal REliGiON

sHEs ALoWEd TO mURdER ANImaLS

We're just talking about the news, sometimes we'll discuss related things. Again, go calm down. And don't freak out that like two posts mentioned the fact she kills animals.

moving on

1055suu.jpg

so lets talk about lana! the reason this thread was created 

QpPc7.gif

do y'all think the videos of her on her story with no sound lately could mean something?

It means that she's done appeasing the gays with her sounds and she'll never sing again and you won't work another day and it'll be our swan song it'll be our swan song

It means that she's done appeasing the gays with her sounds and she'll never sing again and you won't work another day and it'll be our swan song it'll be our swan song

Underappreciated Lana bop #1