Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Y'all wanna know the real reason the album was pushed back? Take a sip on this:

Ben and her team scrolled through Lanaboards and saw that fans want an actual decent box set. So now they're having to ACTUALLY put work into it since this album is for the fans. Way to go ladies! We could of had the album on the 26th. Are y'all happy?

yes

tumblr_nemeig8REb1qeyt9yo1_500.gif

Things I hope we get this era that people might not have thought about:

1. A UV size box set

2. 7" SINGLES VINYLS!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM AFTER BTD??? COULD YOU IMAGINE WHAT UV SINGLE VINYLS WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE.

3. Brand spanking new lyric book (I hope it's blue and white this time around)

4. A record store day release would be super awesome, like the BTD one

5. Cassette tape pls (just for 90's grunge aesthetic)

6. A fucking tour with bomb-ass mERCH

7. I hope she does another music video premiere but anywhere but California cause those girlies get it far too good :hooker:

8. Can she do another signing? (London pls lana)

9. At least one more piece of reckless living based merchandise to go out with a bang (Lighter? Top that with a flask. Flask? Top that with a cocaine necklace. Cocaine necklace?....)

ok dildo confirmed for tour merch.  :hooker:

will Lana ever learn how to spell weird

until she realizes what "soon" truly means.  :hooker:

giphy.gif

9. At least one more piece of reckless living based merchandise to go out with a bang (Lighter? Top that with a flask. Flask? Top that with a cocaine necklace. Cocaine necklace?....)

O hell yeah I got the lighter on Paradise tour and I was gonna get the hip flask too but they didn't sell those at my show, I'd still like to get one.

Y'all wanna know the real reason the album was pushed back? Take a sip on this:

Ben and her team scrolled through Lanaboards and saw that fans want an actual decent box set. So now they're having to ACTUALLY put work into it since this album is for the fans. Way to go ladies! We could of had the album on the 26th. Are y'all happy?

A decent box set, I sure am.  :hooker:

How do you even pronounce "wierd"

What if it's a hidden message and her wOkE mind is trying to tell us the government is corrupt ("wired") :hdu:

Hollywired 

Lana Del Robot is wired into the Hollywood sign which is feeding her illuminati messages 

I keep on catching myself trying to avoid listening to live version of "Cherry", just to not get bored of the song itself while it's unreleased. She should do the preorder + Cherry premiere gig, but considering that she's still working on the record, preorder isn't coming soon i guess :(

Btw this cover deserves all your love guys, idk if that girl is here on LB, but it's truly amazing. I usually do not enjoy covers of Lana's songs, but this one i fell in love with.  :thirst:

I've only heard Love and refuse to hear anything else until the album comes out. The current trend of teasing good portion of the album is truly insane. Release date comes and you just can't wait to here the bonus tracks as that is all that hasn't been teased. I'm all for one single out 6 weeks before the album and then album release time.

I think the stuff she's uploaded on Instagram recently is mostly just old pics and videos from the time she was recording etc, even if she's still recording and/or mixing it, we'll probably get the preorder and complete tracklist by the end of June. Delaying the release date already bought them enough time since the record was probably mostly finished already but then she decided to add a few more songs on it, probs ones she had already worked on quite a bit and she's doing the final touches just now.

They're gonna have to start printing it by the end of June/beginning of July to get at least the physical CDs to retailers in time. If there's a box set I guess they'll either have to start printing it even earlier or have it come out later like they did with Honeymoon. Though I'd like to believe that they've already pretty much got the concept of the box set all ready to go, and it's just the track additions they're still making before print. i dunno  :um2:

Anyhoo, if Lana really wants to drop a couple more songs before the release, with a good and realistic pacing we'd get single number 3 sometime this month and maybe a promo in July, either a couple of weeks or few days before the official album release.

HOLD THE FUCKING PRESS I JUST REMEMBERED THIS SONG EXISTED AND IT SHOULD BE THE VINTAGE LFL COVER ITS LITERALLY PERFECT, FROM THE LYRICS TO THE VINTAGE SPACE AESTHETIC IN TBE VIDEO:

(For those of you who think it might be familiar, it was used in the radio soundtrack for Fallout 4 and in Girl, Interrupted (spoiler) during the scene where Daisy commits suicide. There's probably more examples but those are two that I know of personally)

HOLD THE FUCKING PRESS I JUST REMEMBERED THIS SONG EXISTED AND IT SHOULD BE THE VINTAGE LFL COVER ITS LITERALLY PERFECT, FROM THE LYRICS TO THE VINTAGE SPACE AESTHETIC IN TBE VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSTHOqO6A7Q

(For those of you who think it might be familiar, it was used in the radio soundtrack for Fallout 4 and in Girl, Interrupted (spoiler) during the scene where Daisy commits suicide. There's probably more examples but those are two that I know of personally)

You know she covered this in a bar years ago right?

It's still not a studio recording lmao. People wanted her to cover HSB for this album back when Courtney was considered one of the potential duets.

She covered it

''Lilacs in my mind all the time. Are blooming beautifully. Even though some stare and say. Her last affair went brutally. Well I don't let them rain on my parade. That's not my fear, cause. I've got love on my side, now. I've got nothing to hide, now. And now life is a dream.''

xfq96o.png

You are a girl after my own heart! My fave game and one of my fave films. I'd love it if she did a STUDIO cover of this song <3