Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I'm gonna be honest, I lowkey like this single artwork more than the LFL album cover and single cover. I don't know why, but I think overall it's just a better picture of her compared to the other 2.But that's just my thoughts :runs:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I'm gonna be honest, I lowkey like this single artwork more than the LFL album cover and single cover. I don't know why, but I think overall it's just a better picture of her compared to the other 2.But that's just my thoughts :runs:

I prefer it too, but I don't like the brown background

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I totally agree it would make an amazing album cover, totally untagged just like that

I don't even know how to put it into words... I heard this song a few times and it's the worst

I really tried to like it but the struggle is real

The album cover is a mess and the singles so far... They are just OK

How I miss that feeling I got when I heard West Coast for the first time

The best thing for me (until now) in this era is the trailer

t9tqg0.jpg

I'm sure she'll post about it tomorrow (well, technically today in my timezone) since that will be the 15th and when it is officially out in the US, and hopefully we'll get some more information then? Not to mention Elle magazine coming soon too which might give some more info? 

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Generally when it comes to albums we set our expectations and standards waaaaay to high. And so we can't apprieciate songs for what they are because we're blinded by our high hopes. If this was an unreleased song that was just recently leaked, ya'll would be loving it and wanting it to be included on one of her albums. Why? because naturally we just want what we can't have. We apprieciate her unreleased music (even the dull, boring ones) because we know that it doesn't have to be anything else. It's just a song. Whereas when it comes to album singles we set our standards too high and it makes us start hating things that aren't THAT bad.

Like, imagine if Love was an unreleased song that leaked. How much greater would that song seem?

So i'm just gonna pretend this is an unreleased song... and it feels better already.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Best American Record is the best song we got until now and we still don't know if it's even in the álbum

MESS

Generally when it comes to albums we set our expectations and standards waaaaay to high. And so we can't apprieciate songs for what they are because we're blinded by our high hopes. If this was an unreleased song that was just recently leaked, ya'll would be loving it and wanting it to be included on one of her albums. Why? because naturally we just want what we can't have. We apprieciate her unreleased music (even the dull, boring ones) because we know that it doesn't have to be anything else. It's just a song. Whereas when it comes to album singles we set our standards too high and it makes us start hating things that aren't THAT bad.

Like, imagine if Love was an unreleased song that leaked. How much greater would that song seem?

So i'm just gonna pretend this is an unreleased song... and it feels better already.

Good idea

Let's pretend she mixed it in the Woods

t9tqg0.jpg

I actually love this new song its so btd 

I'm actually crying it's like every album ever in one song

Buy 'Honeymoon' on iTunes <3

I totally agree with this for the most part. but the thing is it's not an unreleased song. it's official and I personally don't think its too much to ask for an official release to have record label quality mixing and production. like you said, if this leaked as an unreleased demo Im sure everyone would be extremely happy but thats just not the case unfortunately

I was thinking about that earlier it's a really good point. Like I would be so excited to get this if it leaked and wasn't meant for the album. I love BAR but maybe if we heard it first as an album single we would be like...what

I just see so much lost potential with this song... like I don't think anyone would be upset if she pushed back an album that hasn't been promised on a specific date yet a couple weeks to produce and mix this song some more. If it was that important to her to put it on the record than she totally could have taken some time to get it to something of more quality

The quality of CWIMM doesn't bug me, sounds fresh imo. I was more bothered by the HBTB production when it was released, but it grew on me.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg