Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Sending all my love to @. Saudi Arabia is an absolutely awful place for women, for LGBT, for non-Muslims, actually just in general. I wish I could do something to help but I really can't conceive anything. I might get some shit for this but the way Saudi Arabia treats women, LGBT people, basic things - it's basically a legitimised Islamic State where all the other world powers are OK with it because they are rich and have oil. It's so wrong and it's so sickening to see them be tolerated in the UN, and even allowed to sit on Women's Rights committees. It's shocking to see my country (UK) sell arms to SA who use them for human rights abuses. I believe that things will get better. Hang in there :)

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I adore 'Love' music video. It reminds me a lot of my favorite map "Nuketown" from Call of Duty: Black Ops I,II and III. 

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

the LFL video better be her best video if she has us waiting this long before the albums release

We already have her best video sis: Shades of Cool, that's a masterpiece

original.gif

I adore 'Love' music video. It reminds me a lot of my favorite map "Nuketown" from Call of Duty: Black Ops I,II and III.

OMG but how? The vintage neighbouthood vibe?

Who said officially that C-WIMM won't be on L4L? I'm hoping not but just curious!

idk something somewhere said it wasn't on the album

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Sending all my love to @. Saudi Arabia is an absolutely awful place for women, for LGBT, for non-Muslims, actually just in general. I wish I could do something to help but I really can't conceive anything. I might get some shit for this but the way Saudi Arabia treats women, LGBT people, basic things - it's basically a legitimised Islamic State where all the other world powers are OK with it because they are rich and have oil. It's so wrong and it's so sickening to see them be tolerated in the UN, and even allowed to sit on Women's Rights committees. It's shocking to see my country (UK) sell arms to SA who use them for human rights abuses. I believe that things will get better. Hang in there :)

Even lana's fans are getting political :kiss:

OMG but how? The vintage neighbouthood vibe?

Yes, the vintage neighborhood and Area 51 easter eggs. Even the moon map from BO1 reminds me of Love (that's so obvious). I imagine lana in that map as a mannequin singing love.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

it seems to me like something straight out of an old scifi novel by like arthur c clarke or isaac asimov. luvs it

@meultraviolence I read the things you wrote a few pages ago and I want to say how sorry I feel for you. I really wish I could help you, but there's nothing I can't do - we live in totally opposite countries -. Here in Brazil the situation for LGBT people isn't the best, actually is kinda shitty, but thank god it isn't bad as, unfortunately, is in your country. I hope you can get out of there someday and be really happy, that's what we all deserve: happiness, this is the most basic need a human being has. 

It's totally disgusting the way your country treats LGBT people and women, they treat us and womens not as human beings, but worst than animals.

You'll be fine, you'll get out of there someday (soon we all hope) and will be happy. 

I don't know you, but I want you to know that if there was anything on my reach to help you, for sure I'd do it.

Lots of love from Brazil  :kiss:

original.gif

I've always been super-political - it's just that @meultraviolence 's posts really brought it out :toofunny:

yeah it's sickening. I hope lana reads all this and decides to raise some awareness , that'll be sweet

Oh my god that would mean the world to me if she did it haha 

no, guys can travel without a permission when they become 21 years old, but women no.. they have to take a permission from their fathers and if he dies one of their uncles/ brothers.. this permission is connected with the government system.. i can't get out of the airport if my father's permission doesn't show up in the system.. and my father is a piece of shit so no.. but maybe if he's gone my brother will allow me because he's so kind, sadly my father is alive and breathing haha

yes it can be i think this happened with Brooklyn baby, right? as what i guess it will happen again with TNC

(Sorry for contributing to the offtopic but...)

It's interesting you say your brother is kind, do you see a change in the younger generations or does he just happen to be nice and is an exception?

Just watched Fantasia (Disney, 1940) and its a beautiful movie, with huge Lana Del Rey references, even more than just the Lolita video! 

And, about @meuultraviolence, I really wish you can get out of your country one day, or, better, I wish your country change its laws :/ good luck, lots and lost of love and good thoughts 

(Guys I recommend you to watch Fantasia I recommend it so badly its super cooool)

@meultraviolence I hope one day you can be the person you want to become, to be a free woman, a free spirit. I hope you find a way out of your country.