Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I'm honestly not even bothered by the sudden-out-of-blue statements anymore I've lost all the hype I'm too far into not caring for them to reach me

Feels wonderful am I finally free from the LFL hell

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

But she doesn't even know what the collabs will sound like? I am surprised she has given us a release date at all if she's still recording songs for it idk it doesn't seem like someone who cares a lot about the tracklist and how it all fits together. That's the kind of stuff you want to be sure of and finished with before you start promoting it and doing album trailers... idk I can see the date being pushed back again if she really is making more collabs

She collabs are finished/in mixing. She's not discussed any specific collaborations at the moment. Ben said it would be announced when the album is finished so it's probably finished.

I don't have a problem with collabs, in fact I'm extremely excited for Stevie Nicks and Sean Ono. I have a problem with collabs with terrible artists such as Marina, Borns and G-Eazy.

Not a Marina stan but her music is not bad at all. Her songs are good and I like the way she combines good sound with beautiful lyrics. And actually I have to agree with you. I don't want collabs with terrible artists but Marina is not one of them.

-Homeland of the Gods-

But she doesn't even know what the collabs will sound like? I am surprised she has given us a release date at all if she's still recording songs for it idk it doesn't seem like someone who cares a lot about the tracklist and how it all fits together. That's the kind of stuff you want to be sure of and finished with before you start promoting it and doing album trailers... idk I can see the date being pushed back again if she really is making more collabs

She's probably not recording new song anymore but wanted to add some songs she recorded early this year (jan-april) similar to cockroachella 

i76mrxw.png 

She's probably not recording new song anymore but wanted to add some songs she recorded early this year (jan-april) similar to cockroachella

Or the side project she did with Miles Kane that we weren't even able to put in any box

My dream collaborator would be Father John Misty. But not just one song. Full collab album in the vein of Jonhny and June Cash. Fun, acoustic, flirty duets (ala Summer Wine) and late night, somber contemplative ballads. Please Mom&Dad?

It honestly makes me sick when I see the way LDR fans talk about her and their dissatisfaction with the album's rollout. Yes, have an opinion, by all means, but to be so entitled is disgusting. We're so used to instant gratification nowadays that an artist can't even take their time. If LFL coming out in July is your biggest concern in life at the moment, you should consider yourself blessed.

My dream collaborator would be Father John Misty. But not just one song. Full collab album in the vein of Jonhny and June Cash. Fun, acoustic, flirty duets (ala Summer Wine) and late night, somber contemplative ballads. Please Mom&Dad?

He'd really make her push her own boundaries and I'm here for it

I'm not thrilled with this whole thing but hey at least well end up with more music ! unless that bitch takes shit off which she better not do

Lana will delay the album because of meeting G-Eazy. This fling has impacted her profoundly and she's no longer in the same mindset as when she wrote the album. She will take a few more months to process the new relationship.

iJav6U2.gif

If ben said she's adding more songs then we must be getting a big tracklist. I'd imagine the original album had about 12 - 14 tracks, but if she's adding more then we could be aiming for 16 or more tracks! this is quite exciting! i hope this is the case

Legit do not trust them when they say this shit, they did it to Dua Lipa and her album went from extremely promising to filled with filler that caused delays

FzytWEW.png

Legit do not trust them when they say this shit, they did it to Dua Lipa and her album went from extremely promising to filled with filler that caused delays

Her label delayed the album though not her management 

i76mrxw.png 

Why is everyone against collabs smh...  :pft:

Because they're a waste of a track imo.... Lana does not need collabs, and to me they just ruin her songs. It just seems lazy if shes gonna fill half the album with collabs

FzytWEW.png

It honestly makes me sick when I see the way LDR fans talk about her and their dissatisfaction with the album's rollout. Yes, have an opinion, by all means, but to be so entitled is disgusting. We're so used to instant gratification nowadays that an artist can't even take their time. If LFL coming out in July is your biggest concern in life at the moment, you should consider yourself blessed.

lol so sick of comments like this... I am perfectly happy waiting until july and until then speculating and expressing my opinions on the album rollout. It's not my whole life... but on this forum it's obviously all we talk about. Most of it is tongue in cheek anyway. I personally find this forum a really lighthearted break away from real life and find the 'meltdowns' funny. Don't take things so serious x

(I don't like the way people harass lana and her team on social media but on here what's the harm in joking and chatting about it)

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

Also like get the fuck over it I'm allowed to not agree with every decision that occurs with my fave and her label/management. I'm sick of people being like "Guys stop complaining Lana just wants to make her music perfect" or even the "Oh well Lana was just trying to give us a surprise and you're all hating, you sick fucks" when Coachella was released. Just cause we don't like one song or am annoyed the album is delayed doesn't mean we hate her or her music. Imo it's worse to blindly agree with everything she does/love everything she releases just because its her. That blind stanning shit it just stupid. 

WE DO NOT HAVE TO LOVE EVERYTHING SHE DOES AND RELEASES TO SAY WE ARE FANS OF HER

FzytWEW.png

If ben said she's adding more songs then we must be getting a big tracklist. I'd imagine the original album had about 12 - 14 tracks, but if she's adding more then we could be aiming for 16 or more tracks! this is quite exciting! i hope this is the case

I hope we actually get the tracklist this time though! It'd be nice if she announced it in an exciting way

Because they're a waste of a track imo.... Lana does not need collabs, and to me they just ruin her songs. It just seems lazy if shes gonna fill half the album with collabs

I understand but it's not like she's collabing with the wrong artists.. I mean, Stevie Nicks, Sean Ono, possibly Marina - I'm down for that!! Even BORNS I wouldn't mind on the record

WE DO NOT HAVE TO LOVE EVERYTHING SHE DOES AND RELEASES TO SAY WE ARE FANS OF HER

Oh I hope you didn't get me wrong, I'm not saying people's opinions about the collabs are wrong!! Just stating my opinions too :)

@HBHBHB is right though, not agreeing with an artist's actions is totally O.K. and does not make someone less of a fan. everyone is entitled to their own opinion and nobody should criticise anyone based on that. freedom of speech y'all!

giphy.gif

How every topic goes

>Lana announces or does something

>half the forum hates it (and are low-key bratty)

>other half of the forum calls them bratty (and are low-key extra)

>first half calls them extra and tries to defend their bratty opinions

>second half defends their extra opinions

>repeat

How every topic goes

>Lana announces or does something

>half the forum hates it (and are low-key bratty)

>other half of the forum calls them bratty (and are low-key extra)

>first half calls them extra and tries to defend their bratty opinions

>second half defends their extra opinions

>repeat

that's fine, as long as no one attacks each other and pushes their opinion onto someone :kiss3:

giphy.gif