Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I love it when people assume all celebrities are the same stereotype, sigh.

Ben reads this forum, and there's at least ten posts of people calling up Targets ALONE. Let alone HMV, independent stores, other US stores I don't know the names of.

We don't really know anything about what was going on with the magazine dates because all of them were so different. I think we can just assume that they were mess-up's on the magazines behalfs. I assume things like "coming spring" were assumptions rather than confirmations.

No, we treated them like shit, they gave us shit back, stop pretending we did nothing. It's petty from all sides.

She clearly does a lot of this for us. I can't blame her for wanting to make a bit of money consider, you know, it's her job and livelihood. I wouldn't want to go to work and make no money?

She does a lot for us. More than other artists at least. She meets fans and signs things at every show, she's alway so nice in public and has never had any outbursts and generally she's never publically been dicks to fans. She cares. But if a lot of you guys were my fans, I'm not sure how I could compared to her.

I mean, clearly we shouldn't be harassing Ben and we did. I said that in the comment you quoted, so I don't know why you're saying I'm pretending we did nothing. We acted like idiots, a lil bit.

The record store thing isn't really as serious as you're making it out to be because that happens with popular releases all the time. Dedicated record store people like it, y'know, because they like music and they like fandom.

I don't think the magazine stuff was a mistake. Remember that UMG properties thought that Lust For Life was coming May 26th. The tone of the articles make it obvious that they were written before the album was pushed back.

Ben doesn't really HAVE to read this forum. Even before we started acting like fools he didn't like us, so...that's his own problem.

My point about the money was that you're making recording an album, that we will pay for in multiple formats, sound like it's a divine act of altruism. It's not. Her intentions may be pure, but they're not wholly selfless.

And yeah, she's a good to us in other ways, I agree. But I have a feeling she expects how we act because... you don't make music that's obviously filled with sadness and disorder and expect your fans (the people who connect with that music) to be completely in good mental health (I say this as a person who isn't, so no judgment). I don't think anyone snapping right now doesn't like Lana, clearly they love her. It's not for lack of love on their parts.

giphy.gif

and then Beautiful As Roses (feat. G-Eazzyyy)

tenor.gif

With the chorus:

I'm as beautiful as roses

As beautiful as roses

Yeah beautiful as roses

Beautiful as roses

Should be no shock when this is me CLOCKING ha ass when I spot her and her damaged edges at the coffee shop

Qbw3gcW.gif

Oh Lana, if you really dont want to be famous and u are making music just because of the love in music, get out of your fucking record company, create your own. U having a fuck indie tougth in one of the most mainstream label... :crossed:[/size] [/size]

In fairness we don't know what her contract is. And she can't really break a legal contract, she could buy herself out but god knows how much that would cost, potentially in the millions with the success of BTD (im not sure how much these things really cost though)

In fairness we don't know what her contract is. And she can't really break a legal contract, she could buy herself out but god knows how much that would cost, potentially in the millions with the success of BTD (im not sure how much these things really cost though)

I think it would be so much better without a record company, I think the albums would sound so much more original without the finger of a label that wants the btd success again so much :deadbanana: 

Lust For Dead   large.gif

shut up and respect???????????? I'M DONE WITH HIM :hottie: so unprofessional

SO SO SO unprofessional. If Ben can't handle Lana stans then Lana needs to find someone who can  :burn:   :benmawson:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I mean, clearly we shouldn't be harassing Ben and we did. I said that in the comment you quoted, so I don't know why you're saying I'm pretending we did nothing. We acted like idiots, a lil bit.

The record store thing isn't really as serious as you're making it out to be because that happens with popular releases all the time. Dedicated record store people like it, y'know, because they like music and they like fandom.

I don't think the magazine stuff was a mistake. Remember that UMG properties thought that Lust For Life was coming May 26th. The tone of the articles make it obvious that they were written before the album was pushed back.

Ben doesn't really HAVE to read this forum. Even before we started acting like fools he didn't like us, so...that's his own problem.

My point about the money was that you're making recording an album, that we will pay for in multiple formats, sound like it's a divine act of altruism. It's not. Her intentions may be pure, but they're not wholly selfless.

And yeah, she's a good to us in other ways, I agree. But I have a feeling she expects how we act because... you don't make music that's obviously filled with sadness and disorder and expect your fans (the people who connect with that music) to be completely in good mental health (I say this as a person who isn't, so no judgment). I don't think anyone snapping right now doesn't like Lana, clearly they love her. It's not for lack of love on their parts.

I'm not making it up as serious but it was damn well annoying to even read, so we probs got looked down on for that.

And her management probably do have to read this forum considering how much shit comes from here/leaks from here.

The UMG stuff was again, our digging. It was our assumptions because of the leaks for the last two albums. So we relied on it too much.

I just don't think we should put this on Lana's shoulders. She's not our parents or our best friends, she doesn't know us, she doesn't need to take into consideration our collective mental health when deciding to put the album date back.

I think it would be so much better without a record company, I think the albums would sound so much more original without the finger of a label that wants the btd success again so much :deadbanana:[/size] [/size]

Trust me, Lana probably wants out as much as you want her out. She probably didn't even want to stay with the label after the shit they pulled against her during UV.

I think it would be so much better without a record company, I think the albums would sound so much more original without the finger of a label that wants the success btd again so much :deadbanana: 

What if Lana went back to 5 Points?

giphy.gif

And when I tought that after the LFL video this era cannot be more messed up. Dear Ben, you're an idiot and is no surprise that Lana's career is in a free fall. It's not about the money dummy, it's about enjoyable  performances and interactions that keeps this weird fandom of hers alive which is kind of her last resort. She's so misterious that nobody gives a fuck, besides us, about her upcoming release. I really respect those of you who still have faith in this album but this era is getting more ridiculous by the day

I'm not making it up as serious but it was damn well annoying to even read, so we probs got looked down on for that.

And her management probably do have to read this forum considering how much shit comes from here/leaks from here.

The UMG stuff was again, our digging. It was our assumptions because of the leaks for the last two albums. So we relied on it too much.

I just don't think we should put this on Lana's shoulders. She's not our parents or our best friends, she doesn't know us, she doesn't need to take into consideration our collective mental health when deciding to put the album date back.

We found the dates on our own, but UMG didn't leak them because of us. And every other date we'd gotten from them and the other sources (like the radio impact dates), were correct.

I'm not saying she needs to take it into consideration, just that she expects it. She created the fandom she has and I feel like she probably knows that.

giphy.gif

Do you think Lana would release music more often (even though she already kinda does) if she had her own label?

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Trust me, Lana probably wants out as much as you want her out. She probably didn't even want to stay with the label after the shit they pulled against her during UV.

I think so sad, all her albums are ALMOST perfect, just not masterpieces because you see something that the record label imposes and not something that Lana really wanted to put theres

Lust For Dead   large.gif