Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Lol. So many dumb, simple-minded views on capitalism here. Why is celebrating someones life automatically wrong if there's money involved? That's just the basis of how things work. Amy, the film, received tons of praise and even won an Oscar. The 'selling of her image' did nothing to diminish it, the film was wonderfully done.

VyIsfwC.jpg

Lol. So many dumb, simple-minded views on capitalism here. Why is celebrating someones life automatically wrong if there's money involved? That's just the basis of how things work. Amy, the film, received tons of praise and even won an Oscar. The 'selling of her image' did nothing to diminish it, the film was wonderfully done.

I didn't said that there's a lot of good docs about an artist life (imo, Amy is a fucking great doc), what I've said is that a lot of ppl use the death of a lot of artist just to sell.

Btw, by "dumb" and "simple-minded" you mean: views that you do not agree. It's not the same thing as being dumb and simple-minded. IMO, you're being really naive if you think that ppl do not do this things for money. You think that they respect the artist? Please gurl. Ppl called MJ a pedophile and called Amy a junkie and you really think that they're doing a fucking celebration of their lifes? The life that the same media who make the books, docs, etc... helped to destroy? The media bashed a lot of artists for a long time and then used their death to make money from it.

"Why is celebrating someones life automatically wrong if there's money involved?"

Well, i don't know about you, but I think it's extremely disrespectful to use someone's death just to make money. It's not celebrating someone's life, it's making profit from their death.

uhhhhh. i realize a self-proclaimed "right-wing extremist" might not get this but...

because it's not genuinely celebrating their lives? it's selling a product, first and foremost. it was no longer profitable to call Michael Jackson a pedophile or make fun of him because there was money to be made and albums to sell after he died. he went from people not wanting to touch him with a 10 foot pole to being in Jeep commercials.

do you really consider that a celebration of anything? doing a complete about-face, going from completely trashing someone to sanctifying them?

giphy.gif

There's a reason why people dont like Lana is bc she isn't a pop star, she's an artist. Theres a difference, pop stars are people who makes music for their fans, in a pop sounding way, mixing sounds from different genres in what's new and hot now. Where as Lana did the complete opposite. Lana got her sound from genres long dead, and made them work in her favor. Her sound was years in the works, and really didn't get recognition until she added a mainstream hip hop sound of 2011, while still remaining a very unique sound. It seems to me though, that Lana couldn't really fit anything mainstream so much, her voice isn't equipped for it bc she has a very vintage sound in her very own voice, not in the music. She's just a woman far from her time, and only those souls who have a connection towards that time, will fully feel and understand her soul, her music.

uhhhhh. i realize a self-proclaimed "right-wing extremist" might not get this but...

because it's not genuinely celebrating their lives? it's selling a product, first and foremost. it was no longer profitable to call Michael Jackson a pedophile or make fun of him because there was money to be made and albums to sell after he died. he went from people not wanting to touch him with a 10 foot pole to being in Jeep commercials.

do you really consider that a celebration of anything? doing a complete about-face, going from completely trashing someone to sanctifying them?

Right-wing extremist is a cute way to say Nazi/Fascist

btw: loved your comment

Leave me alone you crank. Who are you to decide what's genuine or not? Anyone who writes a biography or creates a film is putting a shit load of their time and effort into that work, so to say it's not a 'genuine' effort, simply because the person it's about is deceased and they're making money from it, is retarded. You're too cynical for your own good.

Right-wing extremist is a cute way to say Nazi/Fascist

btw: loved your comment

Fuck off, please.

VyIsfwC.jpg

Leave me alone you crank. Who are you to decide what's genuine or not? Anyone who writes a biography or creates a film is putting a shit load of their time and effort into that work, so to say it's not a 'genuine' effort, simply because the person it's about is deceased and they're making money from it, is retarded. You're too cynical for you're own good.

Fuck off.

by "putting a shit load of their time and effort" you mean exploring people? I mean, if you're talking about indie filmmakers, then I agree with you. But if you're talking about those fucking big companies... then honey, i'm laughing really hard

giphy.gif

I miss leaked version ... at least his rudeness was usually entertaining

He may have been rude a bit too often, but at least he always knew what he was talking about. I miss him too.  :toofunny:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Leave me alone you crank. Who are you to decide what's genuine or not? Anyone who writes a biography or creates a film is putting a shit load of their time and effort into that work, so to say it's not a 'genuine' effort, simply because the person it's about is deceased and they're making money from it, is retarded. You're too cynical for your own good.

Fuck off, please.

Sissy why are you telling people to fuck off when they respond to your inflammatory shit? You made this bed of off topicness and you're like a point away from full-on ban

can we not bash people based on political views and maybe focus on why this thread was created.

conservatives and right wingers are not fascist or nazis that is THE dumbest comparison ever. ANYWAYS.

What songs were actually confirmed to be on LFL im actually losing track?

can we not bash people based on political views and maybe focus on why this thread was created.

conservatives and right wingers are not fascist or nazis that is THE dumbest comparison ever. ANYWAYS.

What songs were actually confirmed to be on LFL im actually losing track?

The only one that isn't on the album (that we officially know of) is Roses Bloom For You! 

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

The only one that isn't on the album (that we officially know of) is Roses Bloom For You! 

how did she confirm every other one

Messy fags

aw sorry you dropped your pack of cigs and they all broke )):

how did she confirm every other one

aw sorry you dropped your pack of cigs and they all broke )):

She didn't, but in the description of Roses Bloom For You she specifically said it was an outtake. Don't you think she'd do the same for the others?

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric