Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Off To The Races will forever remain my favorite Lana song and probably my fave song of all time. The iconography in the lyrics, the vocals are so haunting and the way she goes from the deepest end of her range straight up to a childish head voice is euphoric. I also love the samples she uses like the kids yelling "up here! Over here!" in the beginning. And yes, the orchestral outro is so beautiful, I always pictured acrobats swinging around on lace ribbons in the air. It's such a beautiful song and it takes you to so many different places in just 5 minutes. Her magnum opus. :defeated:

I'm so happy with all the love Off to the Races is getting. It's my favourite Lana song ever. Released and unreleased. But normally I don't talk about it because UV is deemed her masterpiece on Lanaboards and Born to die really isn't sooo...Happy to hear others feel this way too.

Who is going to post the 30,000 response in this thread and what time and date will it be? Place your bets.

If this thread were in a newspaper, how many trees would have died for it?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

What if the whole Summer Bummer thing and the tracklist is just a prank planned by her manager Ed since he ain’t good for shit

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America