Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

She lacks any affection in her voice since Honeymoon. Thats my biggest problem with her new songs.

i love those super depressed, dead inside vocals though :flutter:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

She lacks any affection in her voice since Honeymoon. Thats my biggest problem with her new songs.

:crossed:   I think she improved a lot with Honeymoon

i love those super depressed, dead inside vocals though :flutter:

Its cool for certain type of songs. But when the whole album is recorded with these same chilly cold vocals, it becomes tiring. 

:crossed:   I think she improved a lot with Honeymoon

She sounds great but I cant feel anything from most songs. Lately I have been listening to female artists like Feist, Pj Harvey... on loop and its like day and night. Lana´s music is so dead in comparison. 

lana best songs so far IMO (considering lyrics, instrumentation + theme developing):

10. Ride

9. Best American Record

8. Honeymoon

7. 24

6. Young and Beautiful

5. Body Electric

4. Pretty When You Cry

3. Video Games

2. Cruel World

and her fucking magnum opus

1. Shades of Cool

honorable mention : Music to Watch Boys To, cause those woodwinds are a fucking bop

lana best songs so far IMO (considering lyrics, instrumentation + theme developing):

and her fucking magnum opus

1. Shades of Cool

I think you made a typo when you typed out Off To The Races. :uh:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

4. Pretty When You Cry

I don't understand LB's hype for this song, I see so many people list it in their top 10s and say its one of her best songs but I can never listen the whole way through because I think her voice doesn't sound very good  :ohno:  :ohno:

I'm doing quick sketches of people found on shutterstock as an exercise for uni and here's a twink browsing Lanaboards in a moment of Summer Bummer dispair I particularly loved

stock-photo-sad-young-man-with-cellphone

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Love is cute and different. definitely needs getting used to. I'd say a 7 or 7,5/10.

LFL is also cute, especially if you know how close her and Abel are and how they have supported each other. adds to their chemistry. The minus is that the chorus is so repetitive and the lyrics are bland. I'd still give it a 7 to 7,5 too.

Coachella 5/10 because of the bridge & chorus. (those are the redeeming factors of course)

Cherry 10/10 so far

SB 9/10 so far (1 point reduced for Carti)

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

every top 10 list without shades of cool, brooklyn baby, and west coast is invalid.

I don't get the hype for Brooklyn Baby. I was shocked when I saw the Survivor thread. UV has so many better songs.

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

The end of God Knows I Tried makes me wanna cry??

Or do you mean that Honeymoon sounded good but her latest songs lack affection?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Love is so cute, I think the lyrics are really endearing and the production is cool. 8/10

LFL is kinda bland and I could have gone without The Weeknd feature but its a fun song that I do listen to, 6.5/10

CWIMM....some of the lyrics are nice (but some others are clunky) and I like the melody but that production sis 4/10

Too early to judge Cherry or SB yet, but I'm hoping they'll be above 7s

In my opinion, these are Lana's 10 best songs. I feel that they're all classics.

10.) Music To Watch Boys To

9.) Old Money

8.) The Blackest Day

7.) Summertime Sadness

6.) West Coast

5.) Shades of Cool

4.) Love

3.) Ride

2.) Video Games

1.) Off To The Races

I'm hoping God Bless America can replace one of these.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

I don't get the hype for Brooklyn Baby. I was shocked when I saw the Survivor thread. UV has so many better songs.

it represents everything she was before HM era (or what she was defined by others) very well.

it has the old hollywood glamour and classic love song cliche (e.g. fire and water, wind and sea), hipster persona (e.g. feathers in hair, Lou Reed, Beat Poetry...) and also the very self-reflecting lines like "they judge me like a picture book" and the freedom & old america theme. the "cooler than my boyfriend" is another bonus point for freshening her little lolita in the wood discog before HM.

not to mention the duet at the end which is one of the best little detail things she's ever added to her songs.

to sum up, it is one of the most "multi-dimensional" songs she's ever released.

but it's just my small opinion on that coz i love that song so much.  :flutter:  \

music is subjective.

giphy.gif

So far for me:

* Love 7/10 The production sounds great, love the instrumentals and the lyrics are caring. She really soothed me when my life was a mess and dad just passed away. And it's fun to sing the chorus, hehe. But sometimes I'm just not feeling it, although I know it's a great song with a good message.

* Lust For Life 7/10 Abel and Lana sound great together, the instrumentals sound great but lyrically... I don't know if I like it or not. :/ I think it's cute how they sing the chorus, as if they're singing the words for each other. But I doubt I'll have the song on replay twice. Maybe if I'm really in the mood for it.

* Cherry 8/10 (9/10 if I get to hear it all in HQ) MAH CHERRIES AND WIIIINE ROSEMARY AND THYYME AND ALL OF MY PEACHESSSS (are ruined). Do I need to say more? I'll be so damn excited when I get to hear it for real.

* Summer Bummer (or Daisy Chains as I'd like to call it) 9/10 I can already tell that I'll love it, I really like soft rap/hip-hop tracks. I bet Lana's gonna sound amazing in it, don't worry guys. It'll be worth the wait.

* Coachella (skipping the rest, too long) 5,5/10 The rushed production is the major reason for my low rating, otherwise I like the lyrics because it's kinda like diary notes from her days at Coachella. And all the thoughts that are stuck in her head.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png