Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

for those who dont want to spoil themselves

13 Beaches: a very moody monologue intro, very grim and lonely sounding? like lana has yearned and finally gotten what she wanted, kind of a sonic representation of the lyric from Old Money "but still inside i felt alone for reasons unknown to me". some minimalist piano too

In My Feelings: FUUUCK lots of falsettos but an interesting chatty pace, but still kinda operatic. very urban and some cute background vocals. high energy and actually amazing

GBA: kinda anxiety inducing in the snippet (IN A GOOD WAY), drawn out before the chorus. the chorus is someone underwhelming from what's in the snippet. not much to say on the instrumental

WTWWAW: OK THE LYRICS SEEMED GARBAGE until i heard them sung and wow.....queen came the fuck through. faster paced but i wouldnt say on the same level at IMF

BPBP: it's got the iconic UV mic vocals, but i think stevie will carry the song

TNC: FOLKY MAGICAL GOODNESS. her voice is very sweet here. not may jailer folky though....a modern twist

Heroin: ok easily some of her best lyrics ever and it's just a verse. very atmospheric and kinda futuristic

Change: WE'VE HEARD THIS but i had to mention that the final product sounds somewhat UV to me. seething with bitter taste in a sexy way

Get Free: the song imma have on repeat for the next year. dreamy backing vocals but not sleepy. it's a driving on the highway kinda song

The next time you buy a wig, take me with you.gif

The next time you buy a wig, take me with you.gif

Wrote this, not sure if you still want descriptions

13 Beaches - Sounds very mysterious with the voice filter in the beginning, almost dangerous. You can hear the slight annoyance in her voice when you know she's singing about the paparazzi. You can feel for Lana in this track. It's a bittersweet melody.

In My Feelings - Sounds like a femme fatale anthem. The voice filter is muffled, giving a misty atmosphere. With each line, her voice pushes the boundaries further and further. Her light breathy voice sails angelically in the background.

God Bless America - Sounds kinda bluesy, but with a modern twist. The melancholy is evident however Lana's positive lyrics make up for it, giving the song an overall positive tone. The chorus sounds very patriotic.

When The World Was At War - The acoustic guitars are light and airy, while the beat ponders away. I'm getting major Joanne (Gaga) vibes from it. The beat slightly drops and her voice shifts to a bluesy tone for the pre chorus. The lyrics are punchy, giving a sassy feel to it.

Beautiful People - This songs sounds to me like "I'm Going Home" by Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Soundtrack) and I don't know why. The piano is sweet, the lyrics are descriptive, with lots of metaphors. Sounds melancholic.

Tomorrow Never Came - The raw acoustic guitar plays softly in the beginning. Very folksy overtone. Reminiscent of early Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash, with a modern twist. A very western, desert feel. The guitar in the pre chorus I think sounds an awful lot like the first chords used in the song "Hotel California" by the Eagles. Lana's vocals are soft yet a fair amount of vibrato is used for that 60s/70s tone.

Heroin - The piano is there, however it's very quiet, giving an almost eerie yet calming sound. Her voice sounds aching, very gorgeous.

Get Free - Sounds very UV. Sounds like the song "I Can Never Go Home Anymore" by the Shangri-Las. The 60s beat is there, giving a cute fun beat.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

coachella sounds a lot more fitting in the album between imf and gba, i was worried that song would sound like an oddball, like how religion sounded like nothing else on hm

pNjWdpc.png

Laughing at people who called Honeymoon a lackluster, uhm, every song on Honeymoon are nice except Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood and the interlude. I'm sorry that you had high expectations. :lmao:

So from the snippet for me it's:

White Mustang

Cherry

13 beaches

In My Feelings/ When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

Summer Bummer/ Tomorrow Never Came/ Heroin

Change

God Bless America

Get Free

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

Groupie Love

Lust For Life

Love

Coachella

I love how this bitch played us into thinking this was gonna be a happy album. I'm glad it isn't :wowcry: :agree: :brows:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Laughing at people who called Honeymoon a lackluster, uhm, every song on Honeymoon are nice except Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood and the interlude. I'm sorry that you had high expectations. :lmao:

you have low expectations for Lana?

giphy.gif

So from the snippet for me it's:

White Mustang

Cherry

13 beaches

In My Feelings/ When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

Summer Bummer/ Tomorrow Never Came/ Heroin

Change

God Bless America

Get Free

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

Groupie Love

Lust For Life

Love

Coachella

I love how this bitch played us into thinking this was gonna be a happy album. I'm glad it isn't :wowcry: :agree: :brows:

I think it actually was happier at some point (Love and L4L fall into that category). Also I don't think anybody truly dislikes happy songs for example On Our Way and Radio are a good examples of great happy songs.