Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I'm afraid the second half of the album will have the same problem HM had - all the tracks are beautiful but too similar to each other, so they feel like they just drag on.  The Blackest Day, 24 and Swan Song in a row was just a bit to heavy in my opinion. All of them are beautiful but none of them really got to shine. Could see this happen to Heroin/Change/Get Free

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'm not shy lmao. I'm definitely objectively better than you for sure, though.

i once said i was eating an apple and you told me you hoped i choked on it ..... yea some random gay who only goes online to vex people is definitely better than me

L M A O at those dummies psychoanalysing me. It's not that deep, son

i once said i was eating an apple and you told me you hoped i choked on it ..... yea some random gay who only goes online to vex people is definitely better than me

I don't remember that but I was most def joking :rip:  You take the internet too seriously. Log out!

Didn't she ALWAYS hints that an EP with outtakes may be coming ever since UV but it never happens?

I would definitly be here for a short EP including BAR and Yosemite, but I just don't think it will happen.

EP? With the amount of unreleased songs she has recorded she should do a mixtape.

*Insert it's-just-not-realistic gif here*

I will listen to each album from her next week to get ready for LFL.

Each day a new album. I think I'll start with UV on Monday.

Mfhp.gif

Gotta start with From The End, if you're a real Lana stan.  :hooker:

giphy.gif

im just saying its annoying to see the same cycle of criticizing the album by how the singles sound and then going crazy saying its the best album when they actually hear it.

Ive had to read dozens of pages of gays complaining and then today ive had to read another dozens of pages of the same people saying that this will be an amazing album. Like ???? Yall just said it was gonna be her worst and that she died lyrically and that shes lost her touch, etc.

It gets boring and annoying and it just ruins that whole vibe of the prerelease

It's also boring and annoying when you keep mentioning that you have known the lfl was going to sound good, and bashing people for having a different opinions which you have done.

Like myself, I had some doubts because I was not feeling some of the tracklists at first. That's natural. And now I have no problem saying that I'm freaking excited for In my feelings despite not feeling the title.

You keep on feeling superior cause you know it was going to be good. Let people here have meltdowns if they want to. Don't need to tell people, ooooo I know it was going to be good from the start and putting yourself on the pedestal of superiority. That to me was annoying.

I'm sure a lot of people here have been both positive and negative about the whole experience, so let's not feel both superior or inferior cause that's just how pre-releases are meant to be

nF70D0F.png

I don't respect any of your opinions sorry. You guys have no clue what youre talking about most of the time. Not to mention most of you are like 14. So if I see something that I don't like I'm gonna attack since I have the right to do that since mY tASte Is objectively bETtEr.

Gotta start with From The End, if you're a real Lana stan.  :hooker:

I don't have that much time because we get LFL on Thursday so I can only listen to 1 album each day.

What do you suggest for the first listen? Headphones or hq speakers?

I would use Headphones because you can really dive into the songs and not being interrupted by anything else.

Mfhp.gif

L M A O at those dummies psychoanalysing me. It's not that deep, son

I don't remember that but I was most def joking :rip: You take the internet too seriously. Log out!

what if you said that to the wrong person whos been having a rough time? How would you feel antagonizing someone you dont know who could be going through something?

I used to do that for her music videos during the paradise era.

I would not do it this time with the LP because I'm afraid it would sky rocket my expectations & leave me disappointed. (that's what happens when you start to compare new stuff with older stuff)

Anyway don't worry about 'From The End' & all those EPs. Lana doesn't count them as official releases. Start with AKA or BTD.

I've not gone through 10 pages of fights. What I can say is that I've always loved her singles right away. I've fallen in love with West Coast, Shades Of Cool and Brooklyn Baby as soon as I listened to them. The same happened with Honeymoon, High By The Beach, Terrence Loves You and MTWBT. That's why I thought this album was gonna suck (as many of us did). It took me much more time to get used to songs like Lust For Life, Love and Coachella and I still don't like them at all. Summer Bummer and Groupie Love were a little better in my opinion but the other songs on the album sound way more promising that me and many of us thought they would because of the singles.

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I've not gone through 10 pages of fights. What I can say is that I've always loved her singles right away. I've fallen in love with West Coast, Shades Of Cool and Brooklyn Baby as soon as I listened to them. The same happened with Honeymoon, High By The Beach, Terrence Loves You and MTWBT. That's way I thought this album was gonna suck (as many of us did). It took me much more time to get used to songs like Lust For Life, Love and Coachella and I still don't like them at all. Summer Bummer and Groupie Love were a little better in my opinion but the other songs on the album sound way more promising that me and many of us thought they would because of the singles.

I agree. The singles made a different picture of the album. I thought it would be more happy and brighter but it's still very dark.

Mfhp.gif

I've not gone through 10 pages of fights. What I can say is that I've always loved her singles right away. I've fallen in love with West Coast, Shades Of Cool and Brooklyn Baby as soon as I listened to them. The same happened with Honeymoon, High By The Beach, Terrence Loves You and MTWBT. That's way I thought this album was gonna suck (as many of us did). It took me much more time to get used to songs like Lust For Life, Love and Coachella and I still don't like them at all. Summer Bummer and Groupie Love were a little better in my opinion but the other songs on the album sound way more promising that me and many of us thought they would because of the singles.

Pretty much feel the same. West Coast and SoC took a bit time to completely appeal to me and TLY was always nice but not spectacular for me but overall I actually always really liked them.

Love and Coachella took some time for me to even somehow like and I still think they are sub-par. L4L is still my least-favourite LDR track ever (referring to official releases) and although SB and  GL were better and easier to access, they still don't do as much as Lana songs usually do for me. But the snippets actually sounded pretty interesting, so I'll wait for how the album will turn out. Still don't think it will be her strongest and most memorable effort (en contraire actually) but it could include some really nice gems!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

And there's nothing wrong thinking the album was going to be bad. You're just expressing yourself . You have you own stance. I'd rather have that than having everyone praising her from the start. Basic yin and yang really.

For me, I'm mostly very excited for Cherry, White Mustang, In my feelings and BPBP. I just got so shook listening to the IMF snippets. Like it's sooo good. I'm more excited now than ever!

nF70D0F.png