Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Isn't there a 'leak thread' or something 'cause all this trading leaks discussions are so boring and annoying. Can we talk about the album that is FINALLY going to pop THIS WEEK ?!

Isn't that enough for you guys, why are you still waiting for more than what you have ?!

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

About 90 hours to go until I get to walk into my local JB Hi Fi and ask a confused person working there about the record. (For Honeymoon, I arrived just after opening, and the woman who I asked about it had it in the box of CDs she was stacking the shelves with, and she still didn't know what I was talking about  :deadbanana: )

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I wonder if we have anyone here on the website from the Brussels area, I recall Joanne being sold at Media Markt Brussels at least five or three days before release. Maybe they will sell albums early again? I might check my Media Markt and see if they sell it already even though I think they won't because they don't even sell the old albums.

About 90 hours to go until I get to walk into my local JB Hi Fi and ask a confused person working there about the record. (For Honeymoon, I arrived just after opening, and the woman who I asked about it had it in the box of CDs she was stacking the shelves with, and she still didn't know what I was talking about  :deadbanana: )

Omg haha this exact thing happened to me when I went to get Honeymoon at JB! The woman was like "Honeymoon? What's that" and I was just like "Um the album in the box next to you"  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

FzytWEW.png

When I bought Honeymoon in a store I had to order it from them because they didn't had it (it was a few months after the release).

They were like "Oh, she has a new album?". I think the same will be with LFL.

Mfhp.gif

My experience of getting Honeymoon was a bit different... usually I've got the albums on the release date but not with Honeymoon and probably not this time either. 4vRTzQQ.png

I remember going to these multiple big markets ever since the release date, I asked one of them about the album and they didn't know it even existed. I did it for about a week until this record store chain in Helsinki got a few copies in stock on the same day I was going to spend the weekend at my boyfriend's and crossed Helsinki on my way. Eventually my bus was going to arrive to Helsinki just when the record store closed, so I had to get my friend living there to buy the album for me and bring it to me on my way from bus station to the train station. 

The record store chain is probably the dominating record store in our country but they only have a few locations here and there, otherwise you have to order records from their website. They always have this "Release on XX.XX.XX. Will be shipped to your location to arrive on the release date" which nowadays is complete bullshit, Ultraviolence's box set was the last thing that came in the mail on the release date but it hasn't been so for years anymore and that's why I don't get my CDs from them anymore. Also their staff both in stores and online are pretty much unqualified for their job, inappropriate and rude. Once I went to the store one of the staff was playing his own mixtape in the store, I found out it was actually his when they tagged him in one of their Instagram photos. 

This time I figured I'd make an exception and go buy the regular CD from them on Friday if they have it in stock, rather than ordering it from Amazon UK and having to wait at least a week. So I e-mailed them yesterday and asked how likely it is for them to get it in stock in time and be able to sell it on Friday. They've usually replied quite fast but they haven't replied to me yet so I just copy pasted the e-mail I sent and sent it again, since I've had to do it a couple of times before they reply back. Welcome to Finland y'all, some of you really shouldn't take getting the physical copy on the actual release date for granted.  :creep:

I should offer these traders my super xclusive ultra rare unreleased stuff I got:

- Smile (Kristijan Majic Remix) [instrumental] - 48bit wav

- Cherry Blossom (Kristijan Majic Remix) [instrumental] - 48bit wav

- Stairway To Heaven (Kristijan Majic Remix) [instrumental] - 48bit wav

:oopna:

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

Considering I'm not the one who's selling that, you are getting scammed. Just a warning from a good sis

I've had people trying to trade/sell me My Song 57 and my other stuff lmao and when I asked for snippets they sent me the snippets I made and leaked

Thanks for the heads up. The guy wants $120 for it and that was a big red flag just for one mp3 demo.

Actually I don't think it has

I mentioned it a few pages back. We concluded its probably just a them doing a cover of a lana song and filming a video for it.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Thanks for the heads up. The guy wants $120 for it and that was a big red flag just for one mp3 demo.

I mentioned it a few pages back. We concluded its probably just a them doing a cover of a lana song and filming a video for it.

Lol wtf you can buy 2 lfl boxsets with that money! Good think you didn't do it. It's never worth it to spend money on some demos. But some nudes on the other hand....

nF70D0F.png

Lol wtf you can buy 2 lfl boxsets with that money! Good think you didn't do it. It's never worth it to spend money on some demos. But some nudes on the other hand....

Yea. Im just really bummed out. I really wanted to come thru for yall. Ugh. Sorry for getting anyones hopes up. Im new to the trading thing

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Yea. Im just really bummed out. I really wanted to come thru for yall. Ugh. Sorry for getting anyones hopes up. Im new to the trading thing

Oh honey don't worry! Lfl is just around the corner anyway. Let's save the unreleased tracks and demos for LDR6 pre-pre-pre-release era

nF70D0F.png

I should offer these traders my super xclusive ultra rare unreleased stuff I got:

- Smile (Kristijan Majic Remix) [instrumental] - 48bit wav

- Cherry Blossom (Kristijan Majic Remix) [instrumental] - 48bit wav

- Stairway To Heaven (Kristijan Majic Remix) [instrumental] - 48bit wav

:oopna:

:lmao: :lmao: DO IT. They would literally never know.

I wish LFL's artwork didn't irk me so much

I'm probably using an edit of either the back cover or the image with her leaning on the truck. Her smile seems so weird and off to me on the cover, and I've seen her smile plenty of times, so its not that. I also think the truck in the background is kind of ugly, but I still love Lana being in front of aesthetically appropriate vehicles for each record.

Imo she should've been in front of a hippie fan, or her and Chuck (and Neil  :hooker: ) could've rented or got an old Volkswagen-Van and decorated the outside themselves. THAT would've been aesthetically pleasing, and relevant to the record sonically  :flutter: 

To me, there are elements of peace, love, and change throughout most of this era, but they didn't fully commit to it with the album cover photoshoot of all things :toofunny: