Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

The song is literally about a loved one who died because of a heroin overdose are you stupid or what

I dont see it

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

I finally realised what the start of the chorus of Get Free sounds like!! Baaack to the basiccss

'Everybody's sayin' that,

You're not good for me.

Your friends all swear,

That you've changed but,

I still keep it O.G.'

please tell me i'm not the only one

OMG YES

I wanna do a track by track because this my favorite album ever . I hope I don't get mod queued for this  :defeated:

LOVE: Ever since I first heard it, I was astonished on how different this album would be. It didn't represent anything she's ever done before and it's still fresh and new to me even after listening to it a thousand times. The message is beautiful and really fits with the general message of the album. I was lowkey afraid she'd leave it out and keep it as a stand alone single (like how we thought Coachella would be) but luckily she kept it and I'm so glad she did, although there was never really any sign she would be leaving it out. It's an amazing opener on the album 'for the fans', speaking right to the fans themselves and telling them it's going to be alright. 9/10

LUST FOR LIFE: Again, hearing this track for the first time was so extraordinary to me. I loved the speaking verses and I still do as it's easy to sing along haha. The song structure is also perfect, going from talking to singing separately and then singing together. I do also enjoy The Weeknd on it, but like most of the time, I would have preferred this to be solo especially since it's the title track, but then again The Weeknd really makes the song. I also don't think it really represents what the album is about, but the album's message does keep stable. 7/10

13 BEACHES: I really don't like the opening orchestra, it sounds like those orchestra covers that one guy on YouTube does. The monologue is so ominous and if you don't initially know what the song is about it might even begin to sound threatening. In this track we stray from the album's general message and more into a separate message that some others track explore: Lana's own privacy and fame. The chorus is amazing and the verses are nothing short of beauty, the simplistic instrumental during them really gives me Honeymoon vibes but the strong chorus instrumental makes me remember something like Paradise or Born to Die. The lyrics on this track are kind of confusing me, the verses touch on her 13 beaches experience but the chorus goes into something other which I still can't figure out? Anyways, this track is one that I'm not going to skip anytime soon. 7/10

CHERRY: When we first heard snippets of this track from Lana's instagram post I was SO pumped for this track. But after the full live performance it was kind of... lackluster to me. When we got more snippets of it I was again not impressed. It sounded just like the live and I thought it would sound at least somewhat different. Now that the studio has come out, my opinion hasn't changed all too much. I do like it a little bit more, but the addition of random curse words everywhere and that messy ending is just kind of making me turned off from it. I do love the lyrics and chorus hits hard! This is another track most likely dwelling into Lana's personal live/privacy, one that also does not keep the album message, but it does it well! 5/10

WHITE MUSTANG: The piano beginning also gives me Honeymoon vibes and with the chorus bringing in heavy instrumental is like 13 Beaches, which I love when songs do that. The lyrics give me BAR but I wasn't too impressed and then the bridge hit and WOW. I do wish she kept that whistle throughout the song and displayed those vocals on the full track, and it being only 2:44, it has a lot of stages to it but is a bummer when you get soo into it and then it's over! 7/10

SUMMER BUMMER: Ever since she first previewed this on her Instagram, I was beyond excited for A$AP to be on it and rightfully so. A$AP's voice is so smooth and combined with Lana's vocals, there's no battle on who's the better one on the track. They both deliver amazing verses and choruses and the added Playboi Carti samples bring in much needed pace. The adlibs throughout the track are brilliant and this will really open a new door for Lana and I expect she will explore more hip-hop type songs and features in upcoming tracks and albums. 9/10

GROUPIE LOVE: This A$AP feature is classic Lana. Exploring a setting where she is instead, a devote fan bringing lush and dreamy vocals to the verses and chorus. It leaves little to imagination, explaining how A$AP loves his groupie, and how she cherishes it. A$AP's verse to me, is a little out of place on this track, but he mends that by joining in on the last chorus keeping his voice going. This track is surely going to the hall of fame, but not before Summer Bummer makes her way there!  :teehee: 8/10

IN MY FEELINGS: No lie the beginning of this song for like 3 seconds reminds me of a Lorde song  :biblio:  but in a good way! Something so unexpected to hear in a Lana song. With this track, Lana brings on a way faster pace than tracks prior to it. Something in the likes of 'Off to The Races', we hear her sing about dating yet another loser and how he makes her feel. She's just been caught up in her feelings and isn't afraid to let the world know it. The instrumental is heavy and dripping with production, it makes Lana's choruses sound like pure pop, which is something Lana hasn't touched on in more recent albums. This song really shows how much of a breath of fresh air all of Lust for Life is and contributes greatly to the "beat-heavy" side of the album. 9/10

I'll be doing the rest later! I love doing them, but you can only write so much at a time  :popcorn:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

It feels odd bopping to Cherry or In My Feelings with the smiling cover but it does fit the second half of the album

I'm obsessed with 13 Beaches, that third track anthem blessing

Was the vinyl only supposed to be released in september ???

Says right here that release date is july 21... https://store.universalmusic.com/lanadelreyCA/*/*/Lust-For-Life-Limited-Edition-Coke-Bottle-Clear-Vinyl-2LP/5LF40000000

:oprah3:

yeah, youll get the vinyl after the album has already been out

pNjWdpc.png

Finally listened. Heroin is the dark version of The Little Gay on the Moon. I'm so glad it was on the album. Too bad Lana drugged Troye Sivan tho before she put him on a flight to the moon

OMG now I understand what he meant by "it's definitely a different set of topics that the first album was" in this new interview. He's right, there was no song about being drugged and taken to the moon by Lana Del Rey on Blue Neighbourhood. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Have any of y'all made a top 3 yet? It's so hard... some songs have good production and others are powerful on lyrics, but overall such a good mix. I'm glad she kept the bass beats she discovered in honeymoon, but then I hear born to die production on "White Mustang". It really shows our girl's growth. She did that.

I finally realised what the start of the chorus of Get Free sounds like!! Baaack to the basiccss

'Everybody's sayin' that,

You're not good for me.

Your friends all swear,

That you've changed but,

I still keep it O.G.'

please tell me i'm not the only one

FUCK YES thak you for solving thi enigma for me. i was going crazy 

Huh, I never knew she sold flasks and a lighter as well. Where can you buy this? I don't remember seeing it on her website.

the paradise tour / american tour. i think there's three or two different ones, the european paradise tour was the logo font, the american some cursive one.

i76mrxw.png 

im struggling so hard to pick a top three from this album (last night i was still recovering from the shock) its all just so gorgeous

pNjWdpc.png