Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

sug are you ok??

My jaw was hurting and i took my meds and my face gone IM NOT.OK they rigged my medication.

This is a case for the fbi.gif

:icant: :icant:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Okay finally gave in, and it was phenomenal.

Heroin is my favourite track. I could relate to it, and TNC and Change so freaking much. Tears started bursting from TNC to the fucking end. The last half of the album is amazing. I'm living! 

Heroin, TNC and Change are my holy trinity tbh. Get Free and BPBP are amazing too! GBA and War are good, but I cannot feel much connection the the songs, but they are still very good songs. 

Cherry is so cringe-worthy. White Mustang and In My Feelings are a bit of a letdown for me, but they're not bad. Love and Lust for Life are alright for me. And that's it. The record is amazing and all 15 songs are music to my ears.

nF70D0F.png

I'm not sure if it matters too much now, but did Rocky or Playboi Carti ever promote Summer Bummer? #randomthought ezgif-2-5a8549909c.jpg

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Can someone edit a "clean" version of Cherry so I don't have to cringe every time I listen

[obligatory it's coming you little bitch!fuck!

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

TBH this album is kind of exhausting to listen to because of how long it is and how diverse the sounds are. I usually listen to a few tracks at a time. There was only one time I listened to the whole thing without stopping. 

The Heroin lyrics about Manson give me chills...the whole song seems to be about the dark side of Canyon culture in California

The Canyons are where the 60s music scene started...Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Mamas and Papas, Eagles, etc, etc. But also the place where the Manson Family was born

This whole time I thought it was ironic that Lana was all happy while I was going through the worst depression of my life and now we've both converged at an equilibrium state of confusion and doubt but a drive to move forward and hgnnnnn  :defeated:

I'm literally crying. This album is every single thing I needed right now. 

The Heroin lyrics about Manson give me chills...the whole song seems to be about the dark side of Canyon culture in California

The Canyons are where the 60s music scene started...Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Mamas and Papas, Eagles, etc, etc. But also the place where the Manson Family was born

Yeah that part is so sinister! And later when she talks about blood on the walls must be a reference to Manson Family too, and the kids going crazy perhaps?

Definitely gave me chills! Especially the line about her friends going away because they still feel him in the air? Damn....

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

My jaw was hurting and i took my meds and my face gone IM NOT.OK they rigged my medication.

This is a case for the fbi.gif

:icant: :icant:

Honey I love you I'm so sorry but we just got done talking about white mustang and I thought it was dick related oh geez oh man

can we just all agree that the visuals , feelings  and sounds that  lana gives is so different from era to era , like compare her to ariana or others pop artist or even alternative artists she is just a genius  

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

I have been here on this forum since it's founding and was on the .fm forum as well. I have watched fans come and go and bash every album with vitriol and disappointment.

Never did I get it. Never did I understand how one could be so disappointed in a Lana album.

Until I listened to Lust for Life.

I am beyond shook at my own disappointment. I can't even believe this. I'm... horrified. Someone help me. I have never been in this situation before. Am I crazy? It's not even that "The album isn't what I expected" because honestly, her albums rarely are for me-- but I love them nonetheless. But this is literally brand new territory. I'm literally blown away that I found MORE songs on this album that I literally *DIDN'T LIKE* than songs I did. 

The *only* other time I've ever even heard a Lana song on an album that I just didn't like before at all was "Guns & Roses." And now it's like.... Literally half of the new album?????????? I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. 

I have read so many annoying negative "reviews" of Lana albums from fans over the years. And I've always rolled my eyes at them feeling like "Don't you get it? Where she's going?" And like... This is the first time where I am totally lost. And honestly, I think she is too. 

This album literally *sounds* confused to me. Lyrically, sonically, and definitely visually. There is no doubt in my mind that up until a few weeks ago this was a wildly different album. The mixing has been changing up until the vinyl printing (she said in an interview). We can see proof of that in the fact that there's different mixes for Love and Summer Bummer that have been officially released in some capacity (radio, singles, music videos, etc). 

I'M SO SHOOK WHATS HAPPENINGNGNGNGN!??!?! 

This whole time I thought it was ironic that Lana was all happy while I was going through the worst depression of my life and now we've both converged at an equilibrium state of confusion and doubt but a drive to move forward and hgnnnnn  :defeated:

I'm literally crying. This album is every single thing I needed right now. 

same she makes me feel like I'm not alone anymore I love her so much  :poordat:  :poordat:  :poordat: