Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I wonder if BAR was left off because it leaked?

I mean it's not entirely fitting, but it wouldn't be horribly out of place either, especially a more finished version

Maybe between LFL and 13 Beaches

Just wanted to talk about how she writes "Lost for Life" above her handwritten tracklists, and I believe that @SuperMegaStan said it on the Instagram Updates thread, that maybe Lana is trying to convey that a "lust for life" is having a lust to find your way when you're lost in life.

I do believe that after Lana realized she wasn't in the spot where she thought she'd be when she finished working in LFL, she tweaked the album to fit where she was at - she didn't want ingeunine songs on the record that didn't reflect the state of mind she currently had.

I believe that's the reason why the album was delayed and why she writes "Lost for Life" at the top of the tracklist - she even said it in the Pitchfork interview - she doesn't know what the album is about, and she doesn't know where she's at. She's confused, hence, "lost for life." Anybody else agree, or see what I'm saying?

A b s o l u t e l y 

not sure if this has been posted yet. i wonder what the actual cd will look like

R-10589411-1500484610-5215.jpeg.jpg

R-10589411-1500484612-9698.jpeg.jpg

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

it's 2 am here and I can't stop thinking about what Lana said in the interview... I mean, I feel so sorry for her and there's nothing I can do to help her

idk, it's like my whole perspective has changed

does it even make sense?

gbSBViK.gif

it's 2 am here and I can't stop thinking about what Lana said in the interview... I mean, I feel so sorry for her and there's nothing I can do to help her

idk, it's like my whole perspective has changed

does it even make sense?

I understand what you mean. I think back in Feb. we thought the record signified that Lana was in a place where she truly figured herself out and made a complete 180 in terms of her state of mind. We thought she was at the place she was singing about in Yosemite but she has stated she's just not. I feel bad that she's not in her idealistic place and that she wasn't as happy or self-assured as she seemed to be with this record, but I'm glad she's aware of herself and is acknowledging that she's getting to her ideal place.

The accuracy of this tweet though

34i2vza.png

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

In an interview with Portal Pop Online, Lana revealed that she has plans to return to Brazil next year & that a collaboration with Marina is very likely.

Well, I have an important question: Do you have plans to return to Brazil? 
Haha, for sure! I have plans for next year!

Still on the subject of collaborations, you are friends with Marina and The Diamonds and a few months ago you met in Los Angeles. Can we say that there is a possibility for a partnership between you in the future? 

Fully! Absolutely! I love her! She's an amazing songwriter!

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

i saw elle was the most recent comment and bolted to the thread to see what tea she spilt or who she went off on and red text posted but it's an interview plug

:smokes3:

She also said she is doing "something exciting with Complex magazine later this month"

I wonder when we will get that?? 

Or another music video??

:thankyou:  :thankyou:  :thankyou:  :thankyou:

tenor.gif

The only trap-infused songs on this record are Coachella, Summer Bummer, and Groupie Love...and the last two are great.

The rest are trip hop and she's been using those beats since before BTD.

in my feelings, cherry, coachella, summer bummer, and groupie love are all trap and skipworthy.