Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

It doesn't matter how old I am or how "technologically able" I am, don't try to condescend me.

The fact is a magazine said the album would be out 21st of July after interviewing her, it's your own faults that you didn't believe it and then harassed Ben on Insta (collective 'you', I'm not saying you specifically were involved btw) and kept demanding to know when the release date was even though she'd said it. I just don't see what else that date could refer to? 

I'm not saying I agree with her way of announcing it at all, I would obviously much prefer her to make an actual announcement on an insta post or a clearer tweet of "Lust For life - out 21st July" but that didn't happen, and I can understand if she was feeling pissy at us because things were getting wild with people calling record stores and spamming Ben and Lana and probably others.... 

It's done now, 21st of July is the date, confirmed, there's no use clinging to the denial that she was hacked or that this is a red herring. If it was going to be a surprise release she wouldn't have released two singles, two music videos, posters, billboards, a truck, magazine interviews, or an album trailer, surely?

I mean no offence to you personally, I just think it's time we all collectively accept 21st and move on?

I don't know specifically who but a bunch of twitter stans and some ppl from here were spamming his insta account asking for the release date? I don't think anything nasty was said at all and I understand the eagerness to get a confirmed date, but that wasn't particularly the right way to go about it

tbh if Lana's pissy over that, that's her own problem. it's not our fault she couldn't answer a simple question. she coulda said July 21 during her interview after her KROQ performance but...she had that edited out.

Normally I respect Lana's feelings, but all that spamming and stuff was her fault. It's not like she had anything big planned for when she announced the date anyway, clearly.

giphy.gif

At this point she could post a status like "Lust for Life" my new album with 14 tracks will be released on July 21st, 2017 at 12pm.  And y'all'd be like, well idk tho, could still come tomorrow

Y'all b like:

She didn't say buy LOVE and Lust for Life ft The Weeknd on itunes , i think this is another album.

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

We won't really know the truth until May 26 passes, ladies*  :oprah3: 

*I'm still holding out hope for tomorrow though I know July 21 is more probable since Lana herself tweeted that date out. It's just all really messy and one random tweet doesn't make the date true, only more probable.

Part of me (strangely) hopes that July 21 is the real release date. In that case, we'd possibly get ~2 more singles and some decent promo & it would make this era feel a little more like a well-planned era though it totally wasn't.  Plus, the pre-release era is kind of fun! 

tbh if Lana's pissy over that, that's her own problem. it's not our fault she couldn't answer a simple question. she coulda said July 21 during her interview after her KROQ performance but...she had that edited out.

Normally I respect Lana's feelings, but all that spamming and stuff was her fault. It's not like she had anything big planned for when she announced the date anyway, clearly.

I agree with you on the KROQ thing, I don't understand why that information was withheld, that's a valid question it doesn't make sense? But then again, we don't have all the information so we'll probably never know why it was edited out which - yeah - it's a mess, but at least we know now it's the 21st of July?  :)

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

The album pushback is my fault.

Lana must've read my post about savoring the pre release era before it's gone. She must've been so touched by my message that she decided to extend the pre release era, just for us, just so we could enjoy it a little longer.

Conscientious queen.

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

In NZ is already friday so no album cause is not up on NZ iTunes right?

Wasn't Lust For Life (the song) released worldwide at once? IF it would come on Friday, I assume it would come Lana's time and be worldwide at once like that.

giphy.gif

Me: ew kylie has no talent why is she famous 

Her: puts lust for life on snapchat 

Me: omg i love her a legend 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

I actually added her on Snap to listen to Lana XD

Hooope she will reveal something in France

giphy.gif