Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

well, her only chance to get some decent streaming numbers is actually during the release week. If she agrees to do this, she is truly over for good. :rip:

Otherwise, ppl will just download it illegaly and then she will have nothing from this strategy.

I'm not concerned with her mainstream success because it’s not my business. She had a shot at pop fame with BTD and she simply refuse it: she couldn’t handle the media scrutiny and she didn’t want to compromise her artistic vision with the taste and expectances of the general public. After all, it's her private decision what kind of a career she wants.

I'm more concerned with her legacy and the way that she's ignored in the US. Caramanica said, in his review of BTD after her SNL performance, that “Her cultural stamp has already been affixed, her biography written in concrete”. Many music fans and people from the music business (fellow artists, journalists) changed their heart regarding Lana (even Caramanica) for the better but many remained stuck in that post SNL evaluation of Lana. Well, SNL and the controversies that surrounded her in 2012 didn’t ended her career, as many predicted, but explain why she retreated in her shell so heavily. Maybe she’s over it and she will promote more this time but I’m highly skeptic of that. So if she will do a low promo, low sales number era again we have to except it because that’s what she is comfortable with. The only thing that matters is the quality of the music, the rest is just a bonus.

PS. I never listened to a song or watched a video because it had big streaming numbers. NA is one of her upbeat songs from BTD with an arguably great video and has only 50 mil views on YT.

even though i would rush to buy the album.... sis should be on spotify so that she gets more streaming points lol

and there's too much work to convert a cd into mp3 so i can play it on my phone

edit: wait, it says 2 week exclusive play for paid users... and it's up to the artist's choice... ok

========================

on instagram: "lanadelreyThe girls are back in town"

not her implying she's staying in her Hollywood sign cave for the last 2 weeks. :toofunny:

giphy.gif

At least this means she has a Spotify deal and, if the two weeks thing is real, she's gonna get promoted by Spotify and on other platforms for sure. It's true that initially streams may not be very high but I don't see it as a problem if she still gets that promo for the weeks following

giphy.gif

#190 Summertime Sadness

She is coming for that smash hit

They should give Haynie few old acapellas to rework them in BTD style and re-release BTD again.

Then release OTTR as single

And ask Bond producers to use MDM as theme song. 

+ H&M deal

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

Since there is no news, I'm gonna do a little reaching:

Lana recently posted on Instagram with the caption 'The Girls Are Back In Town', correct? That I believe is a reference to the 1976 song 'The Boys Are Back In Town' by the rock band Thin Lizzy. The label the band is signed to? Mercury records.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Since there is no news, I'm gonna do a little reaching:

Lana recently posted on Instagram with the caption 'The Girls Are Back In Town', correct? That I believe is a reference to the 1976 song 'The Boys Are Back In Town' by the rock band Thin Lizzy. The label the band is signed to? Mercury records.

well its not impossible! :)

she should have posted that on a tuesday haha