Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

you all are doing the most with yosemite we didnt even hear any part of it

Those two things aren't exactly exclusive. 

I liked in that one interview she had, saying that Yosemite was a love song about growing in/out or through a relationship and how it changes. The concept was something that resonated, so of course I wanted the chance to listen to it

Does anyone have the receipts for the track's background info?

UV/Honeymoon

Those two things aren't exactly exclusive. 

I liked in that one interview she had, saying that Yosemite was a love song about growing in/out or through a relationship and how it changes. The concept was something that resonated, so of course I wanted the chance to listen to it

Does anyone have the receipts for the track's background info?

P sure it was  on a Radio interview talking abt LfL single; 

here: http://lanadelrey.wikia.com/wiki/Yosemite_(song)

its acoustic, done in one take like PWYC, laid-back, talks about waning through a relationship; 

http://lanadelrey.wikia.com/wiki/Tomorrow_Never_Came_(song)

"Actually, I had listened to his records over the years and I did think it was his vibe, so I played it for him and he liked it. He rewrote his verse and had extensive notes, down to the mix. And that was the last thing I did, decision-wise. I haven’t mixed the record, but the fact that "Love" just came out and Sean kind of finished up the record, it felt very meant-to-be."

tenor.gif

Yosemite and Architecture must be tracks 17 & 18 (deluxe edition?).. OR Yosemite and maybe Roses Bloom For You.  I just can't see pulling Yosemite from the tracklist after she and that reporter gushed about it.  

Another idea is that she changed the song titles so that maybe Yosemite is now In My Feelings and Architecture is now Groupie Love. (I can see it.) And if this is the case, then MAYBE tracks 17 & 18 are Roses Bloom For You and Life is Beautiful  :D  :D  :D

Then again, my theories are usually wrong.. but one can dream, right? 

Hey Lana, 'The Blackest Day' says hello. :crying4:

Yosemite and Architecture must be tracks 17 & 18 (deluxe edition?).. OR Yosemite and maybe Roses Bloom For You.  I just can't see pulling Yosemite from the tracklist after she and that reporter gushed about it.  

Another idea is that she changed the song titles so that maybe Yosemite is now In My Feelings and Architecture is now Groupie Love. (I can see it.) And if this is the case, then MAYBE tracks 17 & 18 are Roses Bloom For You and Life is Beautiful  :D  :D  :D

Then again, my theories are usually wrong.. but one can dream, right? 

I'll side dream with ya.

In My Feelings could be. I can't really imagine Groupie Love as Architecture atm . . .

I'm not gonna gush about bonus tracks, bc I know we've all sorta done the same with Honeymoon to nothing showing up. Hoping for some bonus tracks, def of course

So hold on, when are we getting an official tweet about Summer Bummer?

UV/Honeymoon

I'll side dream with ya.

In My Feelings could be. I can't really imagine Groupie Love as Architecture atm . . .

I'm not gonna gush about bonus tracks, bc I know we've all sorta done the same with Honeymoon to nothing showing up. Hoping for some bonus tracks, def of course

So hold on, when are we getting an official tweet about Summer Bummer?

soon

IF there will be a Deluxe, it will be announced with the pre-order but if there is none, I can already imagine how everyone here keeps expecting it to be announced even after the album is out. Maybe Yosemite will be the Itunes-exclusive.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Honestly I'm not even that excited for this album anymore.

"Love" was a great way to start the era and I love the message it has, but everything since then hasn't really been my cup of tea. "Lust for Life" was a nice little song but it sounds kind of generic, the chorus is extremely repetitive and basic, and half the lyrics are completely nonsensical. I can't even begin on C-WIMM (can't even bear to type out the title it's so tragic). This is quite possibly the worst song Lana has ever released in her entire discography. The message is nice and all but it seems so white girl on tumblr having a whinge about how shitty the world is but doing nothing to actually make a difference. Some of the lyrics are just utter garbage, "what about all these children, and all their children's children?"  :toofunny:  Really Lana?? and "I thought it was hella cool to win 'em over, critics can be so mean sometimes" ???  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  SO CRINGY. I cannot believe this song is on the album. It's a disgrace! They better at least have fixed certain elements of the production otherwise I will go right ahead and delete it from my iTunes once again.

"Summer Bummer" is 100% the worst title she has ever used on a released song, and other tracks like "Groupie Love", "In My Feelings", "Get Free", "Change" and "Heroin" are either boring as hell or sound so out of place from this record. And don't even get me started on the other clunky ass titles that take 5 years to type out...

And the best songs we've heard this era, "Best American Record" and "Roses Bloom For You" are nowhere in sight? What the actual hell? #JUSTICEFORBESTAMERICANRECORD #JUSTICEFORROSESBLOOMFORYOU   

And ALSO, where is "Yosemite"???? I was hyped to hear this one considering it was more acoustic but nope.... it's scrapped??

The only songs I'm excited for at this point are "Cherry" and "White Mustang", which sound good, but I mean, even the latter sounds like it has a repetitive as fuck chorus and a tired old BTD 2.0 production.

Hopefully the music will be good. The Stevie Nicks collab is guaranteed to be amazing and hopefully some of the others come through with amazing production and interesting lyrics. I know there's still so much we haven't heard, so it seems a bit premature to be judging the album, but it's hard to be optimistic for an album that so far seems like one big un-cohesive mess with no artistic direction and ugly song titles.

I was about to write something like this but as soon as I logged on LB I saw your comment lol!! So thank you for expressing exactly how I feel. White Mustang sounds amazing tho :flutter:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Honestly I'm not even that excited for this album anymore.

"Love" was a great way to start the era and I love the message it has, but everything since then hasn't really been my cup of tea. "Lust for Life" was a nice little song but it sounds kind of generic, the chorus is extremely repetitive and basic, and half the lyrics are completely nonsensical. I can't even begin on C-WIMM (can't even bear to type out the title it's so tragic). This is quite possibly the worst song Lana has ever released in her entire discography. The message is nice and all but it seems so white girl on tumblr having a whinge about how shitty the world is but doing nothing to actually make a difference. Some of the lyrics are just utter garbage, "what about all these children, and all their children's children?"  :toofunny:  Really Lana?? and "I thought it was hella cool to win 'em over, critics can be so mean sometimes" ???  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  SO CRINGY. I cannot believe this song is on the album. It's a disgrace! They better at least have fixed certain elements of the production otherwise I will go right ahead and delete it from my iTunes once again.

"Summer Bummer" is 100% the worst title she has ever used on a released song, and other tracks like "Groupie Love", "In My Feelings", "Get Free", "Change" and "Heroin" are either boring as hell or sound so out of place from this record. And don't even get me started on the other clunky ass titles that take 5 years to type out...

And the best songs we've heard this era, "Best American Record" and "Roses Bloom For You" are nowhere in sight? What the actual hell? #JUSTICEFORBESTAMERICANRECORD #JUSTICEFORROSESBLOOMFORYOU   

And ALSO, where is "Yosemite"???? I was hyped to hear this one considering it was more acoustic but nope.... it's scrapped??

The only songs I'm excited for at this point are "Cherry" and "White Mustang", which sound good, but I mean, even the latter sounds like it has a repetitive as fuck chorus and a tired old BTD 2.0 production.

Hopefully the music will be good. The Stevie Nicks collab is guaranteed to be amazing and hopefully some of the others come through with amazing production and interesting lyrics. I know there's still so much we haven't heard, so it seems a bit premature to be judging the album, but it's hard to be optimistic for an album that so far seems like one big un-cohesive mess with no artistic direction and ugly song titles.

S L A Y

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

Do people really believe the lyrics up on genius are the actual Summer Bummer lyrics??? I mean.. Wrap you up in my daisy chains then i'll take you up to space :eartha: for real, yeah :toofunny: :defeated: :eartha2:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

RBFY is cute but literally sounds like music from a commercial :rip: not album worthy material at all

I'm sure there are outtakes that are 10x better

Not sure if my expectations are just overly high because of her past works but I don't want to think that she already peaked as a musician with UV/BTD :makeup:

I basically consider each album to have been a concept album, theme wise,

Born to Die NYC is home and the sigh, realization and acceptance life is what it is (just playing video games, somewhat boring, is that all there is,)

Paradise    Road Trip, breaking away just Ride, just wanting to be free, life is good President Obama (who I always pictured "American to be   

about when she sings"

Ultraviolence California and achieving what she THOUGHT she wanted, and realizing she was now in a Hell  in the Land of Gods and Monsters

Honeymoon Inner fight between Elizabeth and Lana for control  (and once again- IMHO- there are NO boys in the album, it is all the battle

between Elizabeth and Lana (and Honeymoon is the single most underrated album of all time, and is IMHO going to be

as the years pass, a rock and roll cult classic

Lust for Life  - after the depths of hell and the inner-battle, what comes after personally victory is REBIRTH

"Take off your clothes" in a metaphysical sense, a new philosophy of life being worth living

juxtaposed at the exact same moment with the unleashing of an actual horrible world event "Trump" turning focus from oneselves

to the collective (Collective also being the music collective all along wanted, hence the featured artists/duets)

And the girl that was born to die, now has a lust for life (juxtaposed with the reality that a major battle is brewing politically and about life itself, and that one needs to open their eyes that were as Kubrick called it- eyes wide shut.

Hence my love for Coachella  in which in real time, one sees her eyes opening, and she is telling us the moment it came clear and

Some among other songs it reminds me of from the protest days in the 60s, is

"Last night I had the strangest dream"   and Marvin Gaye's What's going on  and the Temptations "Ball of confusion"

Trailblazer having shown us her journey in chapters from a younger self to her mature for her age 2017

All you need is LOVE. Love is all you need.   and after this is released, can't wait to see what is the next chapter.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp