Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I just really want to hear Cherry in HQ at this point. We know she doesn't mind making a song in a key or pitch she can't sing live  :toofunny:  :toofunny: so I'm wondering what the studio version sounds like. 13 Beaches has HBTB follow up potential, so it could be a lil bop, telling the paps to fuck off. It's right at the beginning (supposedly..) so it's probably not some big dramatic statement track.

tZ7WN4B.gif

I just really want to hear Cherry in HQ at this point. We know she doesn't mind making a song in a key or pitch she can't sing live  :toofunny:  :toofunny: so I'm wondering what the studio version sounds like. 13 Beaches has HBTB follow up potential, so it could be a lil bop, telling the paps to fuck off. It's right at the beginning (supposedly..) so it's probably not some big dramatic statement track.

Hate when you guys say paps, reminds me pap smear

is it wrong/too much that I feel slightly worried about future performances? Looking back at old live shows and seeing her smile, close her eyes, even change the words- you can see her go back to whatever bliss/despair that inspired the song for a few minutes, even if she was off key at points it was fine because it still sounded from the heart. The 3 live shows shes done this year I haven't seen or felt any of that; it's like shes disconnecting from her own music and it looks off on stage  :noparty: , hell even last year at the Freak premiere she still had that heart in the songs but this year hasn't had the same love and connection thus far. 

I hope her new work is something she can relate to and openly express it on stage, because she's obviously not as involved with songs like Cruel World, Video Games, or BtD like she use to- and thats fine, people outgrow their past selves but it doesnt mean I can't be worried for how much she actually cares about her own songs and how much she cares to be on stage performing at this point. Or maybe it's the festivals? 

If she needs to play smaller venues for her next tour just to give the same compassion then I'd shell out extra money to get in, I'm just in a very second-guessing mood, still excited for Daisy Chains next Friday though !! :party:

edit: also we've jumped ~30 pages since 1. p.m. yesterday, thoughtful queen, giving the thread a shot of adrenaline until it cashes again under it's own frustration and messiness :w8ing:

LFL lyrics are repetitive. Too busy at the beach Lana to write a second verse that isn't the same.

As for those rumoured Summer Bummer Lyrics  :facepalm:

I want ONE hip hop song on the album and that is it. 

"this record is for the fans" 

fans want Life is Beautiful and Architecture.

sure Lana  :toofunny:

Why is everyone referring to the lyrics of summer bummer on genius as real, I thought anyone could edit lyrics on Genius?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Why is everyone referring to the lyrics of summer bummer on genius as real, I thought anyone could edit lyrics on Genius?

Anyone can. Those lyrics are soooooo fake, I don't know why anyone believes them anyways

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

If other lana song were titled like LFL titles:

Blue Jeans - White Shirt

Kiss Me Hard Before You - Summertime Sadness

This Is What Makes Us Girls - We Don't Look For Heaven and We Put Love First

Gimme All of That - Ultraviolence

Fucked My Way Up To The Top - This Is My Show

Honeymoon - Dark Blue

Blue Jeans - White Shirt

Honeymoon - Dark Blue

The Blackest Day - Ever Since My Baby Went Away

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Do we know the possibility of Heroin being a Velvet Underground cover? It’s almost the last song on the record and Heroin is such an unusual song title and a popular song of his.

Listening to the song I can perfectly hear Lana doing it with her rough blue-ish vocals and it also has this very minimalistic Lana-esque instrumental. We also know she is a huge fan of Lou Reed and he was going to be on Brooklyn Baby so, I hope so. The song is really interesting sonically.

I heard someone saying that the lyrics are too strong for Lana. But when has Lana played it safe? Ultraviolence is full of strong lyricy. “He hit me and it felt like a kiss”, Florida Kilos, Honeymoon. So it wouldn’t be surprising; of course the song would is a tad bit more graphic than her usual stuff but it still wouldn’t be that far from her material imo, plus Lana keeps on outdoing herlself so.

Also people say Heroin has nothing to do with the theme of the album, but I think it has a lot to do with the Lust For Life theme. Drugs enhance experiences and sometimes are the only things that make people happy or enjoy life; from a very depressing point of view, but isn’t that our girl Lana? lol she’s the one selling heart-shaped Coke spoon necklaces on her website and singing about white lines and “White palms, baking powder on the stove
 Cooking up a dream, turning diamonds into snow”

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense musically for her to cover it, even though I think it will be a bad idea commercially, and she'll be trashed by hipsters all around the world (like Andrea Corr was for doing another VU song, which was fantastic, but most pretentious rock fans hated it just because she was in the Corrs). At least the Lou Reed song is not really a pro- or anti-heroin song; it's just 'about' it, as Lou always said. 

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Blue Jeans - White Shirt

Honeymoon - Dark Blue

My Pussy Tastes Like Pepsi - Cola

Blue Jeans - White Shirt

Honeymoon - Dark Blue

looks like we've had the same idea  :hooker:

you all are doing the most with yosemite we didnt even hear any part of it

idk from what i feel & some others the idea of a new Acoustic song reminds me of pre-lana eras; and seeing her now at least try that style gets me excited. Also Yosemite is a perfect song title, like my user  :hooker:

also can some1 tell me why this bitch just deleted 20 photos from ig and what tf were they

Blue Jeans - White Shirt

Honeymoon - Dark Blue

Diet Mountain Dew - New York City

Yayo - Yes You

National Anthem - God You're So Handsome

Radio - How Do You Like Me Now?

Million Dollar Man - So Why Is My Heart Broke?

....Gosh ok maybe the titles we have right now aren't that bad after all, considering they could have looked like those ones instead  :toofunny:

Regardless, I think what annoys me most out of these titles is not just that they're extremely clunky and ugly to look at, but they're actually grammatically incorrect. It should be "Coachella (Woodstock In My Mind)" and "God Bless America (And All the Beautiful Women In It)" instead.

Plus, it looks weird and messy when you have to include the artist name next to it:

Lana Del Rey - Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

you all are doing the most with yosemite we didnt even hear any part of it

But with a title like that how could it not be good?