Sitar

'Lust For Life' Album Cover

:trisha: :trisha: :trisha: :trisha: :trisha: :trisha: :trisha: :trisha: :trisha: :trisha: :trisha: :trisha: :trisha: 

this cover is the perfect opposite of the BTD cover. the same car, the same atmosphere...

in BTD she's like "omg i'm so fucking sad and everything is opulent and sad"

its a departure, i already got that thought in my head that she was going to be "happy hippie" for this era because the songs released are very humble and universal. Love & BAR

i think i'm going to cry 

Don't you kiddies comprehend what Elizabeth / Lana has told you

One would think, her using the word KIDDIES would give a hint

One would think her saying this is for the KIDDIES would not have been misunderstood by those that have no reading or listening comprehension

Lana from Born to Die does not exist anymore

Now, Elizabeth / Lana is earthmother,  and is referring to the KIDDIES in that she is now older, wiser, and like any good mother,will never do anything but SMILE and reassure her kids that although

times are tougher than they were, we will get through it, and the mother is cuddling the kiddies to reassure them of that (as is plainly obvious in the Love video).

Elizabeth is asking the kiddies to LISTEN and COMPREHEND the lyrics. That s the meaning of this one is for the kiddies. It has nothing to do with the past, it is about the future.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I wonder if it was shot at the same time they shot the Love video or if they just replicated the look exactly and used the same truck.

The first time I saw the cover I tought that it was an outtake from her "Paris Match"  photoshoot.

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

I wonder if it was shot at the same time they shot the Love video or if they just replicated the look exactly and used the same truck.

I think that is the same truck from the music video, so maybe, but Lana wasn't in a scene with that car so idk

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Don't you kiddies comprehend what Elizabeth / Lana has told you

One would think, her using the word KIDDIES would give a hint

One would think her saying this is for the KIDDIES would not have been misunderstood by those that have no reading or listening comprehension

Lana from Born to Die does not exist anymore

Now, Elizabeth / Lana is earthmother,  and is referring to the KIDDIES in that she is now older, wiser, and like any good mother,will never do anything but SMILE and reassure her kids that although

times are tougher than they were, we will get through it, and the mother is cuddling the kiddies to reassure them of that (as is plainly obvious in the Love video).

Elizabeth is asking the kiddies to LISTEN and COMPREHEND the lyrics. That s the meaning of this one is for the kiddies. It has nothing to do with the past, it is about the future.

"Don't cry, bunny, crazy girl

Don't you know you are the world?

Every time you feel unsure

Try, remember what you are."   :yesnod: