Elle

Change

as much as i'd like to believe that big change is coming, protests exactly like these happened when treyvon martin died and there was no big sustained change in america

yes but i feel like these protests are bigger, and potentially more powerful than the ones in 2012. I didn't pay attention back then, since i was rather oblivious to those events, and political events of any kind, but i just feel now it's different.

negAbhB.png

You know,

today, more than ever since it's release, I feel Change is more relevant than ever. I've had this strange feeling all day that a massive change is gonna happen, given all the protests and civil unrest. I wonder what kind of change Lana was feeling when she wrote the song, and I wonder if it's the same change that I feel coming with America

I think it's very related.

I appreciate that song a lot now, even though I think Lana didn't really understand how exactly she could help the change come through (well, she sorta does express that in the song) and how hard she would actually have to try. Change (song) now feels like a battle between letting natural change occur, and just welcome it vs. having to actually fight for it and force change to come in. Both in the outer world/political environment and within yourself.

If all of the songs from her that people deem as "piano flops" sound like this, they'll know how to stop complaining

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

29 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

If all of the songs from her that people deem as "piano flops" sound like this, they'll know how to stop complaining

As much as I love her recent and more "bare" piano ballads this one has the perfect amount of harmonies, little adlibs and melody switches to elevate a somewhat simple piano track.

If this was released now I'm sure we'd get way less added elements (at least the melodies from the chorus(es) would still be amazing). 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

As much as I love her recent and more "bare" piano ballads this one has the perfect amount of harmonies, little adlibs and melody switches to elevate a somewhat simple piano track.

If this was released now I'm sure we'd get way less added elements (at least the melodies from the chorus(es) would still be amazing). 

it's true if u consider the melody-wise, this song's melody is so well-written and its what makes it stands out.

another example of a good piano song is "hope" - not in melody, but in lyrical content.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I was revisiting an old Lana show I attended and I remembered she talked about the addition of this song to Lust for Life and how it extended the album release by five months. Just thought it was interesting

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm