Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

This is always a topic of discussion. It's nice to hear artists actually sing live, but it's also annoying when the audience looks dead.

lana totally likes when the audience has passion and sings along..it makes her feel more comfortable

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

wait... seriously? That makes me really upset because it must mean she doesn't really care about the music she makes :toofunny:

Not necessarily! A lot of artists forget their own lyrics all the time, it's a matter of having so many songs that she probably doesn't listen to herself. Especially since she doesn't sing Salvatore as much as the others.

I guess she don't think much of Salvatore since she's always surprised when the audience asks for it. :toofunny: Maybe she just made it very quickly or something and didn't think much of it since.

But yeah, a lot of singers forget their lyrics from time to time, she was written so many songs so I'm not surprised...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Why do the stupid audience have to sing along to Lana all the time? She just sung Slavatore acapella and i couldn't even hear her it makes me so mad

bitch whet 

:rip: i can understand singing along to the songs she sings every time (8/10 of her live track list) but the second she pulls some acapella or never before sung shit the fans need to SHUT THE FUCK UP 

CqZ5eQFUEAAmexT.jpg

I dreamed that there was a new Taylor Secman video on YouTube and it was the Yosemite audio but it turned out that Yosemite and Coachella were the same song... Mess

giphy.gif

me reading this comment and then having the thought of it come to the forefront of my mind, while still knowing it isn't real

bitch whet 

:rip: i can understand singing along to the songs she sings every time (8/10 of her live track list) but the second she pulls some acapella or never before sung shit the fans need to SHUT THE FUCK UP 

CqZ5eQFUEAAmexT.jpg

giphy.gif

me reading this comment and then having the thought of it come to the forefront of my mind, while still knowing it isn't real

I know i don't mind if it's a song that she always sings but we've never heard salvatore live before and it was acapella that's why it annoyed me :(

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I hope we get a new album some time next year, maybe in winter? It would be cool if she made a winter based record because so far all her albums have been about summer

I hope we get a new album some time next year, maybe in winter? It would be cool if she made a winter based record because so far all her albums have been about summer

BTD feels like a winter album to me, idk i always listen to it when i'm feeling festive

BTD feels like a winter album to me, idk i always listen to it when i'm feeling festive

Yeah i guess it is in some ways, songs like Diet mountain dew, blue jeans, million dollar man and without you kinda give me winter feels but overall i get more summer vibes. Just from the album art and the continuous references to summer throughout the album i guess

bitch whet

I'm really glad that the audience at last years Montreux Jazz Festival was completely silent when Lana sang her short Salvatore accappella version. That was a truly magical moment.

https://youtu.be/lxpW54mihXw

wait... seriously? That makes me really upset because it must mean she doesn't really care about the music she makes :toofunny:

I don't get why she doesn't sing songs from Hennymoon, she even said that she didn't want that album to be forgotten. Lies, promises and more lies.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

tbh she needs to stop dressing so casual at these events or else it's going to damage her reputation. it was cute at first but now it's cringey.

If I wanted to see someone dressed in Adidas then I would just watch Jeremy Kyle. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

tbh she needs to stop dressing so casual at these events or else it's going to damage her reputation. it was cute at first but now it's cringey. 

In my opinion it was never cute. These are shows we are talking about, you can't dress for a show like you would dress for going to the gym. But she makes her decisions and we still stan her so the only thing left is to hope it's only a phase. 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

In my opinion it was never cute. These are shows we are talking about, you can't dress for a show like you would dress for going to the gym. But she makes her decisions and we still stan her so the only thing left is to hope it's only a phase. 

the tea is scalding giphy.gif

But for real, imagine paying all that money to see Lana live and then she comes on stage wearing gym wear. It might not matter to some but personally I would be disappointed :eek:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

In Change when Lana sings that line "there's something in the water, i can taste it turning sour... it's bitter, i'm coughing but now it's in my blood". I think she's referring to why she's always been attached to the dark side of life and why her music is so melancholic. It's as though something happened to her when she was young, something bad. It's like a twisted fairytale. She was perfectly fine before she drank from the river, pure as anything. But she was poisoned by something, a bitterness in the water that even to this day has effected her and the music. Now the darkness is in her blood and running through her veins like a disease. She can fight it and overcome it, but it's always going to be there in the depths of her soul

whats the problem with lana wearing casual clothes? im just genuinely asking, some people say itll damage her reputation, but if she enjoys wearing stuff like adidas and she knows people know then how would it be damaging her

pNjWdpc.png