Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I don't get why she's always promoting heavy drugs like cocaine and stuff... she must still do it surely? Otherwise i don't get why she's referencing it so much. I understand why she does in her songs, because music is different but i dont really get this. But the pictures are very cool and interesting

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Lmao kind of lame but I had this specific scene idea for Cherry during the last chorus (2:23 onward) where Lana confronts her on-screen boyfriend with gasoline on the ground around him. She brings out this gun shaped lighter and makes it seem like she's about to shoot him. As she pulls the trigger, she lights a rose on fire and drops it on the gasoline which lights a huge ring of fire around him and they have a dramatic slow motion stare down as the fire starts to consume the room.

Something like this angle wise with burning paper or something falling all around her:
xmqsc.png

Maybe the beginning of the music video could start with a close up of her holding the burning rose which alludes to the confrontational scene at the end and as the drumrolls hit we have a rapid sequence of fast cuts and the video transitions into the main story line spliced with scenes of her singing and doing the choreography

Since Chuck is shooting it, I'd love this kind of lo-fi, grungy aesthetic for the cinematography

Also I looked up gun shaped lighters lmao

On a side note,
I'd really love for Lana to collaborate with the director that produced this. I think her budget would allow it? I don't see this being more expensive than Love but who knows.

zgmmb.pngbmkkx.png

https://vimeo.com/101684423

In the pic she posted of the lighter why does it look like she ripped the heart off her old blackberry phone case :rip:

XGYdxQ4.pnguE2vsJ4.jpg

This would’ve been soooo cool if that had been the case omg. But unfortunately, the original photo is by millie_graves posted in September.

http://instagram.com/p/BZJjaSoHVZV/

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

i feel we're already wayy overhyping the Cherry MV, it could b hella good but lookin back on the likes n reception n personal desire for the MV to be this homemade campy satanic-faux ad or fun styled video n i'm already overhyping myself tbh 

did this same stuff w/ surf glam Lana and whatnot and i draw my line between reality and fiction at Yosemite bc that is a song to hype ladies. Stay on the lookout :hottie:

i feel we're already wayy overhyping the Cherry MV, it could b hella good but lookin back on the likes n reception n personal desire for the MV to be this homemade campy satanic-faux ad or fun styled video n i'm already overhyping myself tbh

did this same stuff w/ surf glam Lana and whatnot and i draw my line between reality and fiction at Yosemite bc that is a song to hype ladies. Stay on the lookout :hottie:

Honestly keeping my expectations for Cherry at the bare minimum no offense to Chuck.

Fatano spilled tea, even tho he didn't love Lana's album he says he would like to see her finally walk away with a Grammy to have her impact on music acknowledged 

This feels like such a 180 for him, considering every review I've ever seen him give one of her albums/tracks he seems to either hate it or be very lukewarm to it at best. Glad to see he's giving her the acknowledgement she deserves though. 

I try not to speculate too much on what her upcoming visuals may look like or what i want them to look like, because it's most likely not going to be similar to what you wanted so i prefer not thinking about it and then just being amazed once i see it, and that way i'd have nothing to compare it too.

Although i would love something like an old VHS style, with vintage footage of cheep accesories, and maybe cute little flower explosions... something along those lines. Kinda like another one of her collages but with more of a story

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Fatano spilled tea, even tho he didn't love Lana's album he says he would like to see her finally walk away with a Grammy to have her impact on music acknowledged 

Melon head finally starting to crack, can't wait for him to admit he secretly worships Lana  :agree:

giphy.gif  

I wanted to open a topic about acolades of her songs/albums for 2017

but I see it is not approved by admins

Anyway

Lana's song is in top 10 of Rolling Stone's 

BEST SONGS OF 2017!

click on the link to see what place and other songs

what do you guys think?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-songs-of-2017-w512456/lana-del-rey-feat-the-weeknd-lust-for-life-w512466

I think it's great. Others are probably going to disagree but I like the title track having been featured by RS. Course there're some heavier songs that the fan base easier resonates with, but LFL's still pretty up there too

UV/Honeymoon

i used to stan UV so hard...i still think it's some of her best lyricism and definitely the best production but.....i'm kinda bored of it and it's hype :toofunny:

i used to stan One off to the races  so hard...i still think it's some of her best lyricism and definitely one of  the best production but.....i'm kinda bored of it and it's hype  :hooker:  :hooker:  :hooker: 

Lust For Dead   large.gif