Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

giphy.gif

I genuinely don't understand how anyone could hold that opinion

It's okay, don't waste your time worrying about them being wrong (cause that's what they are, obviously). All we can do is hope that one day they will see the light.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Not again with this.

The real t is: Ultraviolence/Paradise>Lust For Life=Born To Die>AKA>Honeymoon

A majority of Lust for Life is literally generic pop it does not compare to the aforementioned albums :smokes3:

Oop, broke my new years resolution already. Buy Lust for Life on iTunes I guess :awkney:

Wtf none of Lana's music is basic pop! Some songs use pop elements but Lana's music always has a certain uniqueness to it. For example Lust for life (song) was basic in terms of song structure but it had things that made it unique like the changri las back vocals and the instrumental

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Wait born to die is not basic it literally changed pop music.

if lust for life is generic pop then born to die is literally THE most basic pop ever heard.

Basic pop music is The Chainsmokers, Katy Perry, top 40. In what way is BTD anything like that besides the songwriting format

Ahahaha this is my opinion because:

Uv and HM have her most accurate instrumentals with all the beautiful details; also her voice in both uv and hm is heavenly. LfL have a great vocal performance and fresh lyrics; paradise is a great piece of art and have the most beautiful melodies, but is too bitter for me. And BtD have messy beats and annoying vocals, though the instrumentals are heavenly and the lyrics are iconic

UV = HM > LFL (barely) > Paradise > BTD

This is the truth. LFL would beat HM but it has consistency issues that are kind of jarring as a whole project conceptually.

However, LFL has amazing highs, and no real "lows". 

I think, me not being as depressed as I was from 2014-2016, LFL is more enjoyable to listen to though than Honeymoon.I have to be in a mood for Honeymoon and its active listening. LFL can be listened to somewhat casually, but also benefits from active listening.

Okay, so what I get from this is that

The Blackest Day, Religion, Honeymoon and Art Deco are equal to Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast and Black Beauty which are better than Get Free, Love, Lust for Life, WTWWAWWKD and her beloved masterpieces IMF and Coachella, which are better than Ride, American, Cola and Bel Air which are better than Born to Die, I Built Her Career Games, Off to the Races, Radio, Carmen, Million Dollar Man and Without You.

Is this something I can get behind :makeup:

Okay, so what I get from this is that

The Blackest Day, Religion, Honeymoon and Art Deco are equal to Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast and Black Beauty which are better than Get Free, Love, Lust for Life, WTWWAWWKD and her beloved masterpieces IMF and Coachella, which are better than Ride, American, Cola and Bel Air which are better than Born to Die, I Built Her Career Games, Off to the Races, Radio, Carmen, Million Dollar Man and Without You.

Is this something I can get behind :makeup:

this was so hard to understand omg. In my opinion shades of cool, BB,, west coast and black beauty are better than TBD, religeon, and art deco. Get free is better than all the songs. World at war, coachella, and IMF are definetly not better than the paradise songs and finally I can't real!y decide between those BTD and paradise

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m