Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

That's cause although it has many beautiful moments, it lacks in cohesive-ness and identity which is rare in other Lana albums. Even AKA has a stronger persona.

It's more like a mixtape than an actual LP.

The first batch of songs that were written for the album was pretty cohesive already. Really don't know she felt the need to add all of the new tracks.

Beautiful People

Heroin

Architecture

Yosemite

13 Beaches

Groupie Love

Love

Lust for Life

God Bless America

WTWWAWWKD

Tomorrow Never Came

Get Free

Versus

Cherry

White Mustang

Coachella

In My Feelings

Summer Bummer

Change

Lana, girl..

4a4.gif

Funnily enough the last minute additions are also some of the weakest songs on the album. Though Change definitely belongs on LFL.

That's cause although it has many beautiful moments, it lacks in cohesive-ness and identity which is rare in other Lana albums. Even AKA has a stronger persona.

It's more like a mixtape than an actual LP.

personally i don't care about cohesiveness. some of my favorite albums experiment with hundreds of genres.

i actually like that its not cohesive so it doesn't sound like one long note like HM does

what doesn't make this album as strong as the others is that the song aren't "iconic" or on the same level as the others

in BTD she was the new girl on the block and was slaying with these vintage aesthetics but with a modern hip hop flare

in Paradise she continued the success and her authenticity by saying things like "my pussy tastes like pepsi cola" or "elvis is my daddy, marilyns my mother, jesus is my bestest friend"

in UV she completely reinvented herself by making an album with live instrumentation and this raw emotion that wasn't given by anyone at the time

in HM she started the era off by shooting a paparazzi helicopter down! and then got even slower when everyone told her to go faster

now in LFL she started with a pretty solid song, Love, and released a pretty mediocre album (in comparison to her other work). the beats are cheap. she sings about being in her feelings. the most iconic thing about this album are the features. other than that this album is pretty bland compared to the others. 

the one thing this album is better at than the others (except for UV) is her vocals, but thats about it. in this record, she's been going a bit higher

when i listen to the other albums I'm like "wow how does someone write this" but with this album I'm like "this chorus or verse or instrumental seems so easy to write"

i think she needs more time with the next record and ditch whoever makes these beats

now in LFL she started with a pretty solid song, Love, and released a pretty mediocre album (in comparison to her other work). the beats are cheap. she sings about being in her feelings. the most iconic thing about this album are the features. other than that this album is pretty bland compared to the others. 

tenor.gif

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

@@HollywoodHills Thanks :) I was watching the album trailer as a music video while listening to LFL today, and alot of the songs like 13 beaches, LFL, GBA, BPBP, WTW, Heroin, Change Get Free really go with it! It made the album aethetic less messy for and I love the album trailer even more now. And then I decided to change my layout to it.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

@@Lust Somebody said earlier that the album seems like more of a mixtape and I agree when it comes to tracks like In My Feelings, but tbh it's really not that messy. Beginning with Love and Lust for Life followed by 13 Beaches was quite strange and didn't feel cohesive but her intentions with those being the opening tracls were clear and really sweet. I have my own tracklist though lmao

I really hate when I visit this thread and it's sometimes just pages of "____ is the worst song". Stop it gays

personally i don't care about cohesiveness. some of my favorite albums experiment with hundreds of genres.

i actually like that its not cohesive so it doesn't sound like one long note like HM does

what doesn't make this album as strong as the others is that the song aren't "iconic" or on the same level as the others

in BTD she was the new girl on the block and was slaying with these vintage aesthetics but with a modern hip hop flare

in Paradise she continued the success and her authenticity by saying things like "my pussy tastes like pepsi cola" or "elvis is my daddy, marilyns my mother, jesus is my bestest friend"

in UV she completely reinvented herself by making an album with live instrumentation and this raw emotion that wasn't given by anyone at the time

in HM she started the era off by shooting a paparazzi helicopter down! and then got even slower when everyone told her to go faster

the one thing this album is better at than the others (except for UV) is her vocals, but thats about it. in this record, she's been going a bit higher

when i listen to the other albums I'm like "wow how does someone write this" but with this album I'm like "this chorus or verse or instrumental seems so easy to write"

i think she needs more time with the next record and ditch whoever makes these beats

If Lana had come up with "We're the masters of our own fate, we're the captains of our own soul" LFL would be better imo but it's a quote I already knew of lmao. It comes from the poem Invictus by William Ernest Henley.

Out of the night that covers me,
      Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
      For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
      I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
      My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
      Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
      Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,

I am the captain of my soul.

Never say this again. :judgingu2:

And our lust for death 

(And our lust for death)

And our lust for death 

(And our lust for death)

Keeps us in bed

(Keeps us in bed)

Keeps us in bed

(Keeps us in bed)

tumblr_p16gv4VlR01wd1677o1_250.gif

This is from when i was 17. have no idea where u got it from.

i don't think LFL has a story. the whole approach is completely different than to her other records which were more or less structured to make sense. lfl starts out with her post hm lfl concept songs (lfl; 13b), then transitions into the weird political mess or whatever she was trying to accomplish with that, then to the positive tracks she wanted to include because she wanted the whole record to have a positive vibe (despite still having 13b, heroin, etc on it?) then there's also summer bummer and inm which don't relate to anything on the album.

if you think see lfl doesn't have some of her most generic approaches then ur lying to urself but this website is known for having their delulu opinions anyway so there's that.

i76mrxw.png 

i don't think LFL has a story. the whole approach is completely different. it starts out with her post hm lfl concept songs (lfl; 13b), then transitioning to the weird political mess or whatever she was trying to accomplish to the positive tracks she wanted to include because she wanted the whole record to have a positive vibe (despite still having 13 b etc on?) then there's also summer bummer and inm which don't relate to anything on the album.

if you think that lfl doesn't have some of her clearly most generic approaches then ur lying to urself but this website is known for having their delulu opinions anyway so there's that.

This is funny to me because in that one interview she talked about how she was debating whether or not to keep WTWWAWKD on the record because it was "very dark." If WTWWAWKD is dark what does that make Heroin and 13 Beaches lmao

Makes me wonder if WTWWAWKD actually had a heavier and darker production that was changed last minute to make it sound a bit lighter