Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

how did it spoil your experience? Is it because it was too similar to what you've already seen?

YES , i felt like i knew what was gonna happen . i wasn't surprised at any moment, but good concert.

giphy.gif

Olympic Gold Medalist Chloe Kim said that she listens to Lana while snowboarding!!! She might have been listening to her while winning the gold medal  :party:

The video of her saying this is here @3:49

https://www.nbcolympics.com/video/chloe-kim-thrilled-about-gold-medal-remains-hungry?chrcontext=kxas

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

inb4 the Cherry music video is just lana eating fruits on her vintage camera iPhone app

Wouldn't be the first time

Also what the fuck is with the BPBP slander? I'm actually sick of it, it's a beautiful song and one of the best on the album so don't fucking try it

FzytWEW.png

Ahahaha this is my opinion because:

Uv and HM have her most accurate instrumentals with all the beautiful details; also her voice in both uv and hm is heavenly. LfL have a great vocal performance and fresh lyrics; paradise is a great piece of art and have the most beautiful melodies, but is too bitter for me. And BtD have messy beats and annoying vocals, though the instrumentals are heavenly and the lyrics are iconic

Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are miles ahead of Born to Die and Paradise imo.

So, um

I don't think I hate LFL as much as I thought I did because I just teared up a bit listening to GBA and Change. That all inclusive lyric at the end of GBA kind of got me :poordat:

I was too rough on these beautiful gems.

6aYle9L.gif

Everything is starting to click for me. I really like BPBP now. Stevie's feature was definitely a must. I don't know if it's because I'm listening with headphones for the first time in a while but her voice sounds a lot better than I remember. It contrasts really nicely with Lana's and gives more depth to the song's meaning. And though I desperately wish Coachella had better lyrics and a different production, the outro is so beautifully anthemic. What kind of beacon of hope.. Though I could still care less for WTWWAWWKD. That song is a cringefest. I wish she just got straight to the point and made a UV-style death ballad about how we're all gonna die instead.

tenor.gif

This album is best when you aren't constantly comparing it to her past work and appreciating it as its own record, though it could've been her best work if the production was as flawless as UV. Also, let's stop this TNC hate because it's simply a cute little folk track. Nothing more, nothing less. And if y'all must drag BPBP, I have to trash those Restylane® fillers In My Feelings, White Mustang and Summer Bummer as well. I have nothing on those tracks individually but what merit do they have to be used to drag BPBP. Like listening to BAR and White Mustang back to back is a joke in itself ezgif-5-051bed6d04.gif

The album should have been:

Love

Architecture

Something Real

13 Beaches

Lust for Life

Groupie Love

Beautiful People

Coachella

When the World Was at War, We Kept Dancing

God Bless America

Tomorrow Never Came

Heroin

Change

Get Free

I bet this is how the album looked like before it was ruined.

A Grammy award winning masterpiece (in my heart) to say the least.

6aYle9L.gif

With that being said, I have seen the light

LFL/UV > HM/Paradise > BTD

Though I'm sure BTD will move back up once I get sick of the other albums as well. The production is too jarring for me now but it had the most "wow" factor out of all her other albums alongside UV during first listen.

Um it's not a Grammy award winning masterpiece without Cherry or Summer Bummer sis

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e