Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

anywayssss

HM=LFL>UV>BTD=PD

Also what we should be discussing is her album artworks and how she will never top BTD's iconic artwork. Da Vinci's Mona Snooza painting or National Geographic's Afghan Girl could never

tumblr_m1bn44cPBU1r14ie4o1_500.gif

anywayssss

HM=LFL>UV>BTD=PD

Also what we should be discussing is her album artworks and how she will never top BTD's iconic artwork. Da Vinci's Mona Snooza painting or National Geographic's Afghan Girl could never

tumblr_m1bn44cPBU1r14ie4o1_500.gif

Paradise cover out painted

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Paradise cover out painted

The paradise cover is great but, her face is wayyy too photoshopped but the background is amazing tho. Is there an unedited version of BTD's cover?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

However, LFL has amazing highs, and no real "lows"

lana-del-rey-summer-bummer.jpg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Summer bummer and that single cover was a DEFINETE high

I like the single cover but Summer Bummber is the definite “low” on LFL imo

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I like the single cover but Summer Bummber is the definite “low” on LFL imo

Not when Coachella exists..

@@Lust @@cherryblossoms I can't find it anymore. I thought I had it saved. But it was on Instagram. Like a month or two ago

Honeymouns on Instagram was the account. They.deleted it tho

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

LFL is BTD's cheap whore & that's the Tea.

BTD will be remembered as an iconic one of a kind classic with a cohesive storyline, strong persona & classy visuals while LFL will be remembered as another great pop album of 2017, BTD's schizophrenic sister who can only aspire to touch her legacy. :hooker:

AKA, UV & HM are raw, organic, beautiful & also one-of-a-kind.. but are they as skinny & iconic as their older sis BTD? nah.

Does LFL have a story?

She could have started a story by making Architecture the second track after Love and putting all the dramatic tracks like Cherry and 13 Beaches right after it before transitioning into a happier theme (Groupie Love & LFL) and finally concluding it with Yosemite. Plus she did say Architecture and Yosemite are like sister tracks so having Yosemite be the "answer" to Architecture at the end would be perfect.

lust for life definitely doesnt compete with her other albums

That's cause although it has many beautiful moments, it lacks in cohesive-ness and identity which is rare in other Lana albums. Even AKA has a stronger persona.

It's more like a mixtape than an actual LP.

She could have started a story by making Architecture the second track after Love and putting all the dramatic tracks like Cherry and 13 Beaches right after it before transitioning into a happier theme (Groupie Love & LFL) and finally concluding it with Yosemite.

I think there's a story somewhere in the album. Like theres obviously a connection between the songs in the 1st half of the album. Lyric wise..I think the story is

White mustang

Groupie Love

Summer Bummer

Cherry

13 beaches

Architecture

In my feelings

Like falling in love with a singer, but then realizing your friends were right when they told you he was no good and that fame would get the best of him...denial (WM and GL) sadness (Cherry,13 B and Arch) regret, anger (IMF)

That's cause although it has many beautiful moments but lacks cohesive-ness and identity which is rare in other Lana albums.

It's more like a mixtape than a LP.

A really long ass mixtape lmao (not that I'm complaining)

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m