Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Does anyone remember that one interview from the LFL era where she briefly mentioned an outtake that sounded Joan Baez inspired or something like that. She never mentioned the title and it’s different from the interview where she says the recorded started off with a 50s/60s, early Joan Baez sound.

That was one of those really long ones wasnt it?

As i remember, I thought she was talking about demos, or inspiration for writing the songs that still made it on LFL

I am not an expert on Joan Baez, but I think it could the more political oriented ones, like WTWWAW or Coachella. Joan Baez’ music has a lot of acoustic guitar so it could be BAR or Yosemite (since it is the sister track to BAR and Lana described it as laid-back).

Lana should write a song about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqEeP1acj4Y

1:08

and all of my blueberries are ruined (SHIT!)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

some songs aged horribly on this album... i have a feeling this is her first album that as a whole won't be a timeless classic to me...

Same here, sadly :-(

Even HM aged really well, but this is an album I tend to avoid listening to...the title track is just no good, lots of the songs sound unfinished and/or have weak lyrics compared to past stuff, and some of the demos we've heard actually sound better than the finished product e.g. TNC demo. Also it's much less cohesive than past albums. It's good but I feel like there's more lows than highs on the record, and I'm worried LDR6 is gonna be a continuation of this kind of quality

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Lana needs to release a cherry video even if it's shitty she knows we will be impressed by anything

Hm, I don’t know, the video for White Mustang is terribly boring to me. I only liked the squat in the beginning and the dancing scenes in the tunnel at the end when she pushed him away. And I’d rather be without a Cherry video if it’s gonna be shitty to be honest. Go all in or just forget it. But, it will soon be a year since the album got released so I don’t think we’ll get a Cherry video anymore, I think she’s in her studio right now, working with any ideas she might have gotten during the tour.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

the only songs that haven't aged well is LFL, BPBP, IMF, Coachella (but that sucked from the start) WWWWWWW, GBA and TNC (that also sucked from the start) -

the rest are complete classics

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

the only songs that haven't aged well is LFL, BPBP, IMF, Coachella (but that sucked from the start) WWWWWWW, GBA and TNC (that also sucked from the start) -

the rest are complete classics

No.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: