Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I missed you too sis, I missed a lot of you guys (ya'll know who you are) <3

Sis, u makes me cry  :defeated:  :icant:  :wowcry:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Can someone link me to that Vine that says Lana hanging out with ASAP Rocky and it shows Kris Jenner partying with these black guys and this funny song comes on... it's so funny and i need it in my life

https://twitter.com/room9three/status/880465326919626752

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

when you welcome back someone from hiatus and they disregard it but say thank you to some1 else who did the same thing after you

tumblr_m5p1uvWU0c1qi7ul8o1_400.gif?quali

Sadly after several listens the album still hasn't grown on me. "Love" remains the only polished song and all the others could be B-sides. Coachella is actually a highlight despite its flaws thanks to the catchy chorus. Get Free and 13 Beaches are beautiful, but in a Honeymoon, background ambiance kinda way. God Bless America is good, but not great. Will keep listening to try to FORCE me to love it, but still disappointed overall. Especially since Lana apparently refuses to be remixed these days.

Sadly after several listens the album still hasn't grown on me. "Love" remains the only polished song and all the others could be B-sides. Coachella is actually a highlight despite its flaws thanks to the catchy chorus. Get Free and 13 Beaches are beautiful, but in a Honeymoon, background ambiance kinda way. God Bless America is good, but not great. Will keep listening to try to FORCE me to love it, but still disappointed overall. Especially since Lana apparently refuses to be remixed these days.

Listen to Melodrama, you will like it

So who's ready for the LDR6 Pre-Pre-Release thread

O0VNno.gif

and i cant wait for @So Legit 2 start it and Elle to make a new one

Bitches y'all better be tweeting #MTVHottest Lana Del Rey

is she winning? I did it a few but idk if she's in the lead

is it for some award show? idk 

So upon my first listen I wasn't wowed but I'm listening to the tracks one by one and starting to form my thoughts on it.. my only real criticism is the writing. 

We went from this

And I'm off to the races, cases of Bacardi chasers

Chasin' me all over town 'cause he knows I'm wasted,

Facin' time again on Rikers Island and I won't get out

Because I'm crazy baby, I need you to come here and save me

I'm your little scarlet, starlet, singin' in the garden

Kiss me on my open mouth

Ready for you

To this

Hey, what you doing?

Not a lot

Shaking and moving

In a local spot

Baby don't ask me why

Don't ask me why

(Why, why, why, why, why, why?)

Some moments have really strong writing harkening back to older material but at times it just seems so lazy, especially when we know what Lana is capable of.

I think this is an album I will listen to one by one, not all at once like I do with UV and BTD. When listened to sequentially I sadly felt myself getting a little bored  :tsk:

Comparing OTTR to a slow af tempo Beatles vibe song is like comparing McDonald’s to Cheesecake Factory. They’re each in their own category. 

How is Off TO The races good lyrically? I mean they're surely tumblr-quote ready and god knows this place is filled with tumblrers but I wouldn't call them exactly good. What an overrated sing when it's really awful

Love, Heroin and Get Free are her best songs ever. Feel much more genuine than anything she's done before and they're just better in general. If you disagree you're stoopid and ugly

I feel like get free is 99.9% perfect but I wish she would have done something else with the production in the pre-chorus And chorus.  Those cheesy 1-2, 1, 1-2, 1 drum beats or snares or whatever seem too simple like anyone could have done that on GarageBand. I wish she would have made this part sound more “groovy” like TNC, cause to me the song gives me wavy hippie vibes. But honestly the Lizzy vocals and the message itself scalp me so hard I can hardly care. 

I've been trying to express my feelings towards this record for like 20 minutes but I couldn't. I just... ahhhhh.