Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

She looks pretty in the shoot and everything, but it just seems...regressive? It feels like a shoot we would have expected like 4 years ago and she's just grown a lot since then. Its nice it's just...meh.

it's a photoshoot ?? they are supposed to look nice, that's like the whole point of doing them.

i76mrxw.png 

Am I the only one a bit miffed that she dressed like she was going to the shop at her London concert I'm glad she doesn't feel the need to dress up with friends or events anymore or parties but this is a concert she's an entertainer you have to sell a brand

Hiya guys, don't know if this has been discussed earlier but I put the album on my iPod a few hours ago (I put the CD in the computer and moved the files to the iPod) and it automatically saved the genre as "electronica". Has this happened to anyone else? I got surprised, I wouldn't think songs like Tomorrow Never Came to be classed as electronica?? xD

What would you mark the songs as? Trap, pop, acoustic..? :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

It's not that easy to categorize Lana's music. I like to make up my own genres for her, like Cinematic Darkjazzpop :) LFL for me is a mixture of Alternative Pop, DreamPop and Folk (and HipHop/Trap).

Hiya guys, don't know if this has been discussed earlier but I put the album on my iPod a few hours ago (I put the CD in the computer and moved the files to the iPod) and it automatically saved the genre as "electronica". Has this happened to anyone else? I got surprised, I wouldn't think songs like Tomorrow Never Came to be classed as electronica?? xD

Alternative or pop sound more accurate in general terms. Specifically:

Love - Alternative

LFL - Pop

13 Beaches - Alternative

Cherry - Alternative

White Mustang - Alternative

Summer Bummer - Hip Hop

Groupie  Love - Pop

In My Feelings - Pop

And from coachella to get free all of them are alternative

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

it's a photoshoot ?? they are supposed to look nice, that's like the whole point of doing them.

Haha I mean obviously. I'm just saying that to me it's a really predictable shoot with nothing really special or new about it. It's something that would have been really nice to see during her H&M shoots or Great Gatsby esq aesthetic but with where she's at right now and the shoots we've been getting it seems stagnant. She does look lovely, that's not what I'm critiqueing.

New icon. I'll probably change it sometime this week lol

My favorite shoot... GODDAMIT why didn't i think of that :facepalm:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

yeah my cd got imported as Electronica too via iTunes - I believe the CD doesn't contain any title or genre information and iTunes merely identifies it and downloads the information from its database which is obviously wrong

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I'm sure y'all have probably already read this poor boy to death but WOW, the complex interview was so wooden and weird. Lana looked absolutely gorgeous and was just as much a breath of fresh air as always, but all those long cuts of Noah just staring at her dead-eyed while she spoke were so hard to sit through. It seemed like he wasn't even there or listening to her responses, just waiting to read his questions in the same, slow, monotone way. He didn't react to her responses at all. And, for the most part, he didn't even ask anything that hasn't been asked to death this era. "I see you're smiling on the cover" "I see some of the album is more political". It must take a lot of patience to answer the same questions over and over again while still coming across as genuine and likeable. If the energy seemed low on Lana's end it's only because Noah acted as a black hole, sucking every bit of energy out of the interview through that lifeless stare. What a waste of a beautiful set and look for Lana. Ah well, I will never tire of listening to and watching Lana talk, even if it's with someone so dull. Her smile alone is radiant enough to make up for it. 

photo.jpglanadelrey-1jpg.jpgphoto.jpg

Who was the main producer on BTD... It was Emile right? And who was on LFL? It's so sad hearing the details on BTD and then thinking of the LFL cheap instrumentals

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e