Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I actually didn't like Heroin at first. How times change. :xcry:

Same with 13 Beaches, I thought it was underwhelming. Some still think that about that song but it really grew on me. And then with Heroin I didn't think of it as the best song of Lana's career Lust For Life when I first heard it. Instead, I had the audacity of calling WTWWAW and BPBP the best songs of LFL but then I saw the light (good songs but not as good as Heroin :oprah3: )

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Do you think Cherry will be a single? Will Summer Bummer get a video? 

There's just so much potential for the record to be a visual album. I wonder if she's going to premiere White Mustang's vid somewhere. Does anyone have any intel?

i think the era is over

This is my first era actually on the site. Is it really? White Mustang better have beautiful ending credits  --  :bye2:

her eras lately have been like a month long. when it seems like lana forgot she's famous and she's disappeared, thats when the era is over

her eras lately have been like a month long. when it seems like lana forgot she's famous and she's disappeared, thats when the era is over

I hope there'll be a resurgence of the era when the vinyls arrive. If she doesn't do anything, I hope her tour gets dates and that she has merch. The record is wonderful as it is, but it's a waste of artistry if nothing else happens 

UV/Honeymoon

Beyonce might be doing the next Bond theme. WHY DO THEY KEEP SLEEPING ON LANA, SHE WANTS TO DO AND HER VOICE WAS MADE FOR IT. I dare the producers to listen to Shades of Cool and 24 and try to say she wouldn't be perfect for it. http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7948924/beyonce-james-bond-theme-song?utm_source=twitter

tumblr_ojqr5j5TOJ1u6n38po1_250.gif

Beyonce might be doing the next Bond theme. WHY DO THEY KEEP SLEEPING ON LANA, SHE WANTS TO DO AND HER VOICE WAS MADE FOR IT. I dare the producers to listen to Shades of Cool and 24 and try to say she wouldn't be perfect for it. http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7948924/beyonce-james-bond-theme-song?utm_source=twitter

Obviously they don't want the track overshadowing the film with how brilliant it would be, they can't comprehend, so they then shy away.

anigif_enhanced-26331-1433181372-4.gif

UV/Honeymoon

I've arranged the songs from LFL in 2 different folders

Side A :

[the best songs on the LP]

01 - Cherry

02 - Heroin

03 - 13 Beaches

04 - Beautiful People

05 - When The World Was at War

06 - White Mustang

07 - Get Free

08 - In My Feelings

09 - God Bless America

10 - Tomorrow Never Came

Side B :

[the worst songs on the LP]

01 - Change

02 - Coachella

03 - Lust For Life

04 - Love

05 - Groupie Love

06 - Summer Bummer

In my opinion, I find it strange that, till date, she has chosen all the worst songs from LFL as singles. (White Mustang will be the only relief).

Please don't drag me for adding Change in the worst list but I just can't stand it no matter how hard I try.

Last but not the least, I believe that 'Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind' would have been hated a lot less if it were simply named 'Stairway To Heaven' instead of that cringe inducing title.

It has been a running gag on Lanaboards to mindlessly bash over Coachella but at least it gets better when the verses end, around the chorus ("words could turn to birds and birds would send my thoughts your way") & then there are a couple tracks with lamer lyrics & worse production & you know who they are.

This is my first era actually on the site. Is it really? White Mustang better have beautiful ending credits  --  :bye2:

Same, I wished we had more  :sadcore2:  :sadcore2:

Man, she really is a Taurus ascendent: we are some lazy ass beatniks despite being hard workers  :crossed:

I hope these fucking articles aren't telling the truth. I haven't seen Lana's name brought up for it at all. God dammit she is obviously the best choice. WTF!!!!

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Obviously they don't want the track overshadowing the film with how brilliant it would be, they can't comprehend, so they then shy away.anigif_enhanced-26331-1433181372-4.gif

But Adele's "Skyfall" sounded majestic and they played it on the radio a lot... it didn't overshadow the movie (it got great reviews if I remember right?) but I guess it... I dunno, got more attention than the movie for a long time after the premiere?

So I don't think Lana would be a bad choice either. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png