Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I hope Lana realizes (I think she does) how powerful and impactful her journey has been -- SHE did not Listen to the critics... the haters... and now she's selling out huge arenas, it is great (everyone criticizing her musical tones and now she is ON TOP)

That being said (I felt LFL was almost a record for the 'Critics' and I wonder if shell go back to the style we all fell in love with)

THIS. I also find it cool that some of her exes back in the day were musicians/artists trying to make it and she ends up being one of the biggest artists in the world. Must feel good to be Lana  :flutter:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

This makes me sad; we all fell in love with the style of lyrics and imagery and sound she molded from 2012-2015

Yeah I wish she would go back to it. I just don't know what she's gonna do from here.

I miss BTD,Paradise and UV so much because I loved the production and the melodies of the songs, I feel like the melodies have gotten really stagnant and lazy for the past few albums. 

Well at least with L4L, Honeymoon was kind of better.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Yeah I wish she would go back to it. I just don't know what she's gonna do from here.

I miss BTD,Paradise and UV so much because I loved the production and the melodies of the songs, I feel like the melodies have gotten really stagnant and lazy for the past few albums. 

yea I'm kinda worried about the next album because I feel like she's conformed to more of a mainstream sound (not that there weren't any great songs on LFL, but the majority i feel were lacking). Especially given the fact that LFL has come "full circle" from BTD, there's no hints as to what she's gonna do next  :tsk:

tumblr_olpfi47DBl1uuo18wo1_500.gifvtumblr_olpfi47DBl1uuo18wo3_500.gifv

yea I'm kinda worried about the next album because I feel like she's conformed to more of a mainstream sound (not that there weren't any great songs on LFL, but the majority i feel were lacking). Especially given the fact that LFL has come "full circle" from BTD, there's no hints as to what she's gonna do next  :tsk:

I'm already anticipating what she would do next, to be honest, but you know sometimes I'm worried and excited at the same time.

She's so unpredictable, i had no idea she would go for something witchy or political during Honeymoon. Truly a legend.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

She's so unpredictable, i had no idea she would go for something witchy or political during Honeymoon. Truly a legend.

*Lust For Life

But no, I agree. I was actually kind of excited with the whole witchy elements she displayed at first, I don't get why she changed it since she didn't seem to back down from her stance or whatever. 

I'm already anticipating what she would do next, to be honest, but you know sometimes I'm worried and excited at the same time.

We are always so worried, but she mostly delivers every time! I would just like to know whether this EP is going to have new or unreleased or demos on it.

And yeah she's always unpredictable 

*Lust For Life

But no, I agree. I was actually kind of excited with the whole witchy elements she displayed at first, I don't get why she changed it since she didn't seem to back down from her stance or whatever. 

haha no i meant like during the Honeymoon era i had no idea that she would come up with a concept like that for the future,

and yeah me too, im hoping she explores it further in this "ep"

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

This makes me sad; we all fell in love with the style of lyrics and imagery and sound she molded from 2012-2015

Idk what y'all mean, this album has elements from most of her albums and has her signature sound all over it.

- cherry's melody and instrumental has vibes of UV and would fit perfectly as a track on the album if it didn't have the beats.

- groupie love and Love (other than the lyrics of Love) sound like they came straight out of paradise.

- the melody of GBA sounds like it came out of honeymoon, BPBP, TNC, heroin and get free also sound like they came straight from honeymoon.

The only songs that I feel have lacking melodies might be in my feelings and white mustang. This album does have some new elements too like the production elements and the perspective of lyrics on songs like love, WTW, GBA but I feel like these are all good changes.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

haha no i meant like during the Honeymoon era i had no idea that she would come up with a concept like that for the future,

and yeah me too, im hoping she explores it further in this "ep"

Ah, gotcha!

I just want her to give us great, CONSISTENT visuals and concept, and I really wouldn't mind the witchy or magical girl vibes.

Omg I hope she does.

There is a video of Lana after the philly show and she was talking to fans and said she “hates her tattoos” referring to al lithe ones on her hands and maybe the others...

I think they’re so beautiful & elegant ... I love them

Do you have a link to the video? :)