Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

didnt we actually think this was about Art Deco because they asked for skater kids

iirc we came to the conclusion that it was a short film with several vids. One with a theatre and piano man, one with skater kids, and one with the Starline bus

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Kinda off topic but I think Lana should start the tour with Heroin, because:

1) the verse “I’m flying to the moon again” fits perfectly with the name of the tour

2) it’s her favorite from the album

3) it would be a great great great opener

Hihihi

So I had a random idea for a Get Free video

It should start with her emerging from the ocean (kinda like that part in the West Coast video right after the first chorus). Lana continues walking out of the water onto land. The whole video is one single steady shot, with her walking toward the camera as it moves back. And as it moves back the beach setting turns into different set pieces from each of her videos. Beginning with the Chateau Marmont, which then blends into the church from BtD, and then the beach house from Blue jeans etc. And it goes through each of he let videos with characters from each video appearing in each set piece. And then at the end it cuts back to her floating in the ocean, happy, for the duration of audio after the last “into the blue”.

I didn’t really explain this very well but in my head it looks amazing lol. But the idea is to show her letting go of all the past bullshit she’s been through throughout her career, only to finally be at peace in the end and ready to move on to her future endeavours.

ive been trying my hardest to get into this album.... ive been liking it a bit more than when it first came out. i dooo have to sayyy that coachella, GBA, WTWWAW, BPBP, TNC, and Change feel like they belong on another album and they interrupt the rest of the tracks which seem to be a continuation of honeymoon. the tracks i mentioned are awkward on LFL and im really not a fan of the political side/it is awkward/save it for an EP. i think if she ditched those songs(and ditch asap on groupie love) and added BAR back, the album would be incredible. 

coachella sounds like a cool leaked demo and thats all it should have been. gba is the worst lana song worse than betty boop boop. WTWWAW is almost there but it is full of cringy lyrics. BPBP is the wrong song for stevie nicks, i think stevie would sound nice on angels forever(even tho i h8 that song). TNC why why why why why why why now that im singing with seeeeaaaan!!!! change reminds me of that gaga gif where she's saying all those adjectives.

I mean you're free to give your opinion and all  but man do you need some help  :facepalm:

giphy.gif

I think the “political” dimension within Lust for Life appears awkward because, let’s be honest, Lana isn’t as politically aware as she suggests she is. Her scope just sounds too juvenile. But there’s nothing wrong with that! It’s interesting to hear her perspective, but I think this could be a reason for the awkwardness maybe?

giphy.gif  

I think the “political” dimension within Lust for Life appears awkward because, let’s be honest, Lana isn’t as politically aware as she suggests she is. Her scope just sounds too juvenile. But there’s nothing wrong with that! It’s interesting to hear her perspective, but I think this could be a reason for the awkwardness maybe?

This is actually exactly what I thought prior to the album release. I think I remember saying something along the lines of "Lana did not grow up understanding why true justice and true feminism and equality is needed" etc, etc. And it kinda went on for several pages in the pre-release thread. I mean, I still don't think she is entirely there with SJW's (nor will she want that kind of prominence probably ever), but I definitely did not give her enough credit. 

As we heard with Change, I think she is definitely trying to get more educated. It might be awkward still, with those few political songs coming out of nowhere, but I think she is generally headed in a brave and rightful direction

This is actually exactly what I thought prior to the album release. I think I remember saying something along the lines of "Lana did not grow up understanding why true justice and true feminism and equality is needed" etc, etc. And it kinda went on for several pages in the pre-release thread. I mean, I still don't think she is entirely there with SJW's (nor will she want that kind of prominence probably ever), but I definitely did not give her enough credit. 

As we heard with Change, I think she is definitely trying to get more educated. It might be awkward still, with those few political songs coming out of nowhere, but I think she is generally headed in a brave and rightful direction

Yes I agree, it’s interesting to see this growth from her. I’m excited to watch where she takes it

giphy.gif  

EDIT: 

Actually, what you said would be so true if she never releases another politically influenced song again. In fact, this may have actually made it difficult for her in the future. Like, if she ever releases that NY-pop influenced album she said she'd be down for, well that WOULD make LFL seem awkward, and if she just generally goes back to 'old lana has daddy issues and loves too much alcohol', then that would still be awkward and just

goddamn im otherthinking this again.

Yes I agree, it’s interesting to see this growth from her. I’m excited to watch where she takes it

EDIT: 

Actually, what you said would be so true if she never releases another politically influenced song again. In fact, this may have actually made it difficult for her in the future. Like, if she ever releases that NY-pop influenced album she said she'd be down for, well that WOULD make LFL seem awkward, and if she just generally goes back to 'old lana has daddy issues and loves too much alcohol', then that would still be awkward and just

goddamn im otherthinking this again.

Oh wait that’s an interesting point, I never thought of that. It’s kinda like her political side conflicts with her persona. It can make both seem artificial in a way - lmao lana GIRL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. I hope people just see it as her artistic development and let her transition through her phases in peace

giphy.gif  

has Lana ever said anything about Halsey? i have heard she has but iv'e never heard them mention each other besides Halsey saying she finds some influence in the great albums Lana has produced.

I remember Lana liked her photo on Instagram in early 2015, that's it though lol.

Her whole persona and her lyrics and aesthetics were deeply steeped in fantasy and her persona inhabited a fantasy world, so her becoming "political" and paying attention to the real world is really jarring and that's why it feels awkward I think. Like Lana and her art just weren't made for the real world tbh, even James Franco thought that.

giphy.gif

ive been trying my hardest to get into this album.... ive been liking it a bit more than when it first came out. i dooo have to sayyy that coachella, GBA, WTWWAW, BPBP, TNC, and Change feel like they belong on another album and they interrupt the rest of the tracks which seem to be a continuation of honeymoon. the tracks i mentioned are awkward on LFL and im really not a fan of the political side/it is awkward/save it for an EP. i think if she ditched those songs(and ditch asap on groupie love) and added BAR back, the album would be incredible. 

coachella sounds like a cool leaked demo and thats all it should have been. gba is the worst lana song worse than betty boop boop. WTWWAW is almost there but it is full of cringy lyrics. BPBP is the wrong song for stevie nicks, i think stevie would sound nice on angels forever(even tho i h8 that song). TNC why why why why why why why now that im singing with seeeeaaaan!!!! change reminds me of that gaga gif where she's saying all those adjectives.

sometimes free speech shouldn't be a thing

i will love you until the end of time.