Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I was hoping Lanaboards crashed because of a massive leak (sorry, @@Elle )

8LQ1.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

the grunts and the male background vocals in Paradise Cherry

rt if u agree

the grunts and the male background vocals in Paradise Cherry

rt if u agree

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Tbh kind of hoping Get Free being the album finale suggests a change in her work lyrically in the future. I mean I don’t mean I was happy happy joy joy lana but more of a “life is beautiful”, neutral outlook lana rather than the severe depression we got during UV then spiralling out of control during Honeymoon

Tbh kind of hoping Get Free being the album finale suggests a change in her work lyrically in the future. I mean I don’t mean I was happy happy joy joy lana but more of a “life is beautiful”, neutral outlook lana rather than the severe depression we got during UV then spiralling out of control during Honeymoon

Get free is my second favorite song on the album and my top 10 of all time. I agree with you in the sense that I feel like lana has shown she feels confident and free now. She can say what she wants to say without having to explain herself further, and because of that i love this era.

8LQ1.gif

OH FUCK ESY

ezgif-3-0596c137a1.gif

honestly, even though lfl has some major bops, this might be her worst released album

UV > HM > BTD > LFL

Most definitely. After reading the Billboard interview, I warmed up to it a little bit because she really did want to get a good message across but the execution falls short.

Also, did anyone notice that she's been talking about the outtakes a bit. They're probably never going to see the light of day considering their themes but it's interesting she still mentions them.

Billboard Interview (December 2017)

"I wrote four songs that didn’t end up going on the record that were a little more politically oriented. I didn’t end up using those, but 'When the World Was At War We Kept Dancing' and 'God Bless America (And All The Beautiful Women In It),' we kept on the record."

Portal Pop Online Brazil Interview (July 2017)

"I cut three songs from this album, which were decidedly political, but I also left some that say exactly what I mean, like "God Bless America" ​​and "When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing."

Most definitely. After reading the Billboard interview, I warmed up to it a little bit because she really did want to get a good message across but the execution falls short.

Also, did anyone notice that she's been talking about the outtakes a bit. They're probably never going to see the light of day considering their themes but it's interesting she still mentions them.

Billboard Interview (December 2017)

"I wrote four songs that didn’t end up going on the record that were a little more politically oriented. I didn’t end up using those, but 'When the World Was At War We Kept Dancing' and 'God Bless America (And All The Beautiful Women In It),' we kept on the record."

Portal Pop Online Brazil Interview (July 2017)

"I cut three songs from this album, which were decidedly political, but I also left some that say exactly what I mean, like "God Bless America" ​​and "When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing."

So... we have:

Roses Bloom For U

Yosemite

The Next Best American Record / Best American Record

Wild One

and the 4 politically oriented songs

Now I realize why she wants to make an EP...

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E