Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

Movie Soundtracks You Wish Lana took Part of

Before we all start talking about Adaline, and the track that never was, have you ever thought of any movies you wanted Lana to write a track for?

What kind of movies do you think she'd like to write for and compose? Tracks like Shades of Cool, 24 in my opinion, sound so Bond-like, imagine what a track of hers for the film(s) would be like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJABBmAMXnY

Gatsby, Big Eyes, Maleficent. The three tracks and her cover, they were all top notch and made the movies they'd been in richer and so full.

Let's not forget,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_1aF54DO60

I remember her singing Some Things Last A Long Time, and although it was a cover, she sang it so beautifully, and added a whole new dimension to the track. Here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em86cxZ16LI

So, have ya thought of any movies Lana would fit so well in to pen and sing a new track for? Past or Future?
What kind of movie would it be?

UV/Honeymoon

I was getting links to SoC and 24 for that for the OP. Agreeeeeeed --  :dafuq:

I also think of Million Dollar Man, and weirdly enough Backfire as well as I Want It All (only the chorus).

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

24 in James Bond for SURE. I just don't know how they'd ignore that.

For the future I really hopes she gets more fantasy/disney movies because she really suites that beautiful longing energy that like no other vocalist can match.

and Tim Burton too, for some creepy dark vocals. I would love it if she produced part of the soundtracks too

I also think of Million Dollar Man, and weirdly enough Backfire as well as I Want It All (only the chorus).

Yeah those are pretty dramatic too. I feel like MDM would be more parlor and Backfire more Florida. The chorus for IWIA is right on the mark in sound, but I'm not sure how much of a magnitude it'd have.

UV/Honeymoon

24 in James Bond for SURE. I just don't know how they'd ignore that.

For the future I really hopes she gets more fantasy/disney movies because she really suites that beautiful longing energy that like no other vocalist can match.

and Tim Burton too, for some creepy dark vocals. I would love it if she produced part of the soundtracks too

See I could totally understand why you would've said that. There's a certain magic to these kinds of movies and I'd want Lana to be able to have a part in them.

I was thinking more in the lines of Atonement (with Kiera Knightley and James McAvoy) because of the world they lived in, scenery was beautiful. Maybe it was the album trailer, but I'd really love her to have a song about space and being lost in it. Imagine she a had a track from Gravity or some other movie set in space?

There's a beautiful silence in it, and I'd love how one of her tracks would sound compliment that sort of atmosphere.

UV/Honeymoon

Salvatore would be so cool in one Italian-themed movie 

Also from what we've heard Roses Bloom For You would fit perfeftly in a Disney movie or Gatsby-style

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Salvatore would be so cool in one Italian-themed movie 

Also from what we've heard Roses Bloom For You would fit perfeftly in a Disney movie or Gatsby-style

I always picture Alain Delon in his younger years as Salvatore. I'd watch it hahahahahaha. Bel Air's piano always reminded me of a classically drawn Disney movie too. I can see Roses Bloom For You as her being a Spring Goddess finally falling in love with a sort of sky captain

I wonder if Lana could be in a Studio Ghibli film. The animations are so well drawn, and they always have this magical quality that always ties back to human life. I think it'd b amazing

UV/Honeymoon

Well I'm praying Lana does the theme for the next Bond movie, everyone wants her to do it. She would generally be great for any movie set in the past, Gatsby and Big Eyes were perfect. Also I think it would be really cool if she was part of a horror soundtrack.

Lana please do another soundtrack soon :xcry:

Well, she NEEDS to do a Bond theme.

24 would have been PERFECT and Shades Of Cool already had this kind of bond-ish vibe.

I'd love her to take part on the soundtrack of a Lynch project, especially a contribution to the new Twin Peaks season would be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khwuhgxjoXU

A Hawaiian Tropic/ Florida Kilos-esque track for The Love Witch would have been wonderful!

And something creepy for a horror movie would be great. Not a trash splatter, a shitty blockbuster remake or something boring like The Conjuring. More like a smart, psyhco-thriller esque one. Perhaps a movie that explores the vibes of those old classics, like Hitchcock's Vertigo or Whatever Happened To Baby Jane, Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte, Sunset Boulevard etc.

Generally, I'd love her to make a soundtrack song that is less ethereal/dramatic/orchestral but more a bit UV-esque. Something sexy, dark and with a rock-ish instrumentation ala Shades Of Cool, Flipside, or Heroin would be great.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Bond of course. I've heard that they think about Adele again (I love her so much) but I think that Lana is way much better choice. 

BTW. New MALEFICENT is coming. Hope they know what to do.

giphy.gif

Roses Bloom For You (and Salvatore) for Call Me By Your Name!!!!

My fingers to the keyboard just stunted a bit for a sec there. Yes. YES. I was watching the trailer the other day, and now that I think of it, Roses Bloom For You would be an amazing track for the film. What kind of genius

UV/Honeymoon

Salvatore would be perfect for VERSACE (Ryan Murphy)

picture it as Versace is assassinated in slow-motion in front of his art-deco mansion in Miami

However-note for technical reasons, for a movie going for Oscars, it has to be an original song written for that movie

so if she did a James Bond theme, it would need to be a new song, not older one

and maybe one day it can be an adapted one or new version of a new song like "Once upon a dream" was

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I agree The Great Gatsby and Big Eyes were perfect, Young and Beautiful is one of her best songs imo. I've never cared for I Can Fly though, and honestly Once Upon a Dream is a fucking snoozefest these days. But yeah I hope they'll ask Lana to do the next Bond theme, I've been hoping for that for years and I don't understand why they haven't even reached out to her yet - didn't she say so in an interview, also saying she'd definitely do it? I mean come on, if Sam Smith can do a Bond theme...  :tsk: it's time for them to improve their theme game a lot. Also wouldn't mind if Lana did another track for Tim Burton or one for Tarantino.

Salvatore would be perfect for VERSACE (Ryan Murphy)

picture it as Versace is assassinated in slow-motion in front of his art-deco mansion in Miami

However-note for technical reasons, for a movie going for Oscars, it has to be an original song written for that movie

so if she did a James Bond theme, it would need to be a new song, not older one

and maybe one day it can be an adapted one or new version of a new song like "Once upon a dream" was

I agree with everything you're saying here but you do know Versace's just part of the American Crime Story series and not a movie, right?