Cloudbusting

Arctic Monkeys

The album was really beautiful on first listen and I listened to it a few times more after the release but I really only go back to Sculptures Of Anything Goes, Body Paint and Mr.Schwartz now. Sometimes Big Ideas as well. I think it's the type of album that I gonna put on while I read a book or while I study

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

A thread to discuss the band, Arctic monkeys. Arctic Monkeys are an English rock band formed in Sheffield in 2002. The group consists of Alex Turner (lead vocals, guitar, keyboards), Jamie Cook (guitar, keyboards), Nick O'Malley (bass guitar, backing vocals), and Matt Helders (drums, backing vocals).  *please let me know if there’s already a thread for arctic monkeys, i couldn’t find one.*

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

2 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

damnit i can never get it right :biblio: i looked forever and couldn’t find an arctic monkeys thread! thx for showing me

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

Saw AM live for the first time yesterday! The crowd was amazing, girls screaming, people clapping and jumping, and sang along especially to their hit songs. Alex said we surprised him with our energy! A good mix of old and new songs, and we even got an encore after cheering for them for maybe ten minutes. A great concert, Alex is definitely charismatic and a character on stage! Loved their circular framed screen at the center of the stage, and the huge mirror ball above with “Arctic Monkeys” written on it.

It was just unfortunate I got behind three girls with their phones up for every single song, and two tall guys in front of them lol, I couldn’t see much. ;u;

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

i was about 10ft away from alex turner last night and my life will never be the same

those mosh pits i was absolutely battered but it was worth it

cant believe i saw him. love them so much. first big concert i’ve been to without an adult, everything went smoothly and i had such a great view. i’m so lucky :crai:

YcRKok5.jpg

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Watched their 2013 Glastonbury  performance and got emotional :bebe:

Can't wait to see how they did yesterday 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I'm seeing them in Rome next month with my best friend and I'm so fucking excited :defeated::defeated::defeated: they're one of my favourite artists, I think I'll just collapse once they come on stage, or if they play Cornerstone :air:

And to the ppl criticising on twitter - have you heard their latest album? I guess that's just Alex's singing style now, he's been doing it for the past few concerts too so

1 minute ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

I'm seeing them in Rome next month with my best friend and I'm so fucking excited :defeated::defeated::defeated: they're one of my favourite artists, I think I'll just collapse once they come on stage, or if they play Cornerstone :air:

And to the ppl criticising on twitter - have you heard their latest album? I guess that's just Alex's singing style now, he's been doing it for the past few concerts too so

I'm seeing them in less than a month as well

I think I will probably cry when they come on stage :trisha: They are my favorite band since I was 13 ( even though I didn't enjoy their previous album that much :toofunny:

If they play anything from humbug I will be so content esp pretty visitors or crying lightning :ohno:

49 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

I'm seeing them in less than a month as well

I think I will probably cry when they come on stage :trisha: They are my favorite band since I was 13 ( even though I didn't enjoy their previous album that much :toofunny:

If they play anything from humbug I will be so content esp pretty visitors or crying lightning :ohno:

Ahhh I'm so happy for you :oprah: And yes, those two songs are also bangers :true: 

I think the absolute death of me would be them playing anything off SIAS as that's my favourite album 

6 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

Ahhh I'm so happy for you :oprah: And yes, those two songs are also bangers :true: 

I think the absolute death of me would be them playing anything off SIAS as that's my favourite album 

It's truly their most underrated  album imo :true: suck and it see was one of my most played songs this year 

Hope they play a song off sias so you can have the ultimate concert experience :trisha:

Also where do we think the band will go from here ? Sound-wise I mean 

I can't really think of what direction they will follow . I heard in one of their interviews that they were initially interested in making a guitar driven album before making The Car but they changed their mind . 

7 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

Taste! Also no idea on what their next album could sound like :bebe:

I guess we will have to wait another 4 years to find out :bebe:

4 hours ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

I don’t mind it at all, I think his singing style is pretty charming in its own way. And it makes live performances interesting to hear since it’ll be different from the studio recordings. :agree:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I don’t mind it at all, I think his singing style is pretty charming in its own way. And it makes live performances interesting to hear since it’ll be different from the studio recordings. :agree:

Totally agree :true:

And obviously his singing style is going to sound more similar to the most recent songs as opposed to, say, one that was released in 2013

off topic but today i learned that there's a car in the album cover of the car 🤦