bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

4 hours ago, malifruit said:

Soooooo now that FTB is out & some gorgeous material didn't make it what are we thinking for TOTLV3 tracklists out of what we have? RN I have (ignore the order):

1. Feed the Beast demo (the one with the high pitched whine throughout; not sure which number)
  2. Claws demo (OG demo)
  3. Scream!
  4. Party Til I Die
  5. Blood sucker (1.3)*
  6. ghost (1.5)*
  7. haunted house (interlude) (1.1)*
  8. intro demo (1.1)*
  9. Living dead (1.3)*
  10. Screwdriver (interlude) (1.2)*
  11. take my life 2.1*

*from the leaked .zip of TOTL in-progress files

Are there any other tracks/demos you guys put on your tracklists? :flutter: found this (& the titling popped off!) but nothing else so far

Ive since updated my TOTL 3 and I can share when I get home :kiss3:

3 hours ago, malifruit said:

I'm so confused because it's definitely Dance to Forget (previously leaked in full around Problematique era) right?? Like the snippets I've seen even include the Dance to Forget part (& now there's an interestingly worded upload to the same effect on dbree)

i doubt this is seeing a release so hopefully i'm okay to post, but i think they're referring to this snippet

After listening EXTENSIVELY, I've grown to love all of the songs on the album. I'm still disappointed, but I don't think it's terrible and is actually pretty enjoyable if you don't focus too hard.

The pitchfork review score....that hurts. I don't necessarily disagree, though I think maybe a 5 would be more accurate, but damn is it so upsetting to see an artist who has SO much potential and has put out stuff that is SO much better get a score like that. We know that Kim has it in her, we know she can elevate things; but this fucking label is holding her back so much.

Agree with everyone else that the "singles" for this album were shit, and the roll out was god awful. Claws and KOH need to be released as singles ASAP!

the pitchfork article had a lot of valid criticism, but feed the beast is a really solid album - literally no skips ? 

this album has put my faith back in kim, after a lot of disappointing singles i’m glad she has this strong body of work out.

Atp people are just shitting on FTB freely because the album is actually good and has a lotta bops, y'all are just frustrated because the songs y'all wanted didn't enter the final tracklist, and think that attacking Kim is funny and still takes bitchfork seriously... Bro, stop being jobless fags and attacking a woman just because you didn't ""like"" her newest body of work. 

Not targeted at anyone here, or necessarily related to Feed the Beast in particular, but I still hate how the internet acts as if what music critics think is important or 'credible'… why should these peoples' taste matter more than the average person?

Basing your taste off of theirs' is also super embarrassing :yawn:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

14 minutes ago, lanasugarysweet444 said:

Atp people are just shitting on FTB freely because the album is actually good and has a lotta bops, y'all are just frustrated because the songs y'all wanted didn't enter the final tracklist, and think that attacking Kim is funny and still takes bitchfork seriously... Bro, stop being jobless fags and attacking a woman just because you didn't ""like"" her newest body of work. 

or some people genuinely don’t like the album?

its a step down from her previous work. the criticism is very valid, not only from the critics but also the long time fans who notice the quality difference.. the album has some fun songs, but could’ve been much better (for example it feels like a playlist, no cohesion at all)

33 minutes ago, lanasugarysweet444 said:

I was really afraid going into this project of hers cause the teasers were awful and all the changes in her career are still cuestionable. But the more I listen to the album the more I like it (at least the brand new songs). My problem with it is how all over the place it is, and that’s the labels fault

Coconuts, Revelations, HIFTB and Unholy shouldn’t be there. The rest flows perfectly and even if the songs aren’t even 3 minutes long they are enjoyable. A tracklist rearrangement and a final chorus in King Of Hearts and Uhoh could have elevated this a lot more and make it decent. Meanwhile I will ignore Coconuts, Alone and Unholy ever existed. Also Revelations and HIFTB are cute but don’t fit the theme 

Brrr is actually a great closer, stay mad. Also to all the people sh*ting on BAIT, it’s not that bad (yes, sounds more like a Banks song but still goes hard). Actually my least favourite is the title track, and it’s not even that bad. 

nothing groundbreaking but expectations were sooo low she kinda exceeded them :oic3:

24 minutes ago, lanasugarysweet444 said:

Who is shitting on FTB "freely" here :um2:, I think 85% of the thread posts here have enjoyed the record! Also what constitutes "attacking" for you here (unless you mean my snark pitchfork glitter gif, but thats more a joke towards her precarious label situation :agree:), I did see multiple posts questioning the single choices, since the tracks are more fun than JIAR & Alone

.... "attacking"  dramatic :defeated:

3 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Ive since updated my TOTL 3 and I can share when I get home :kiss3:

1) angel

2) you still need to share your edits of FTB tracks with me :flutter:

3 hours ago, In The Dark said:

i doubt this is seeing a release so hopefully i'm okay to post, but i think they're referring to this snippet

Ooooooooooh TY!! My bad for only following dbree :toofloppy: I wonder why people posted DTF with that title then?? Clearly they were on to something...

3 hours ago, Bubblez said:

The pitchfork review score....that hurts. I don't necessarily disagree, though I think maybe a 5 would be more accurate, but damn is it so upsetting to see an artist who has SO much potential and has put out stuff that is SO much better get a score like that.

I agree though honestly I also think a lot of the critics have been leaning too hard on the "Katy Perry rejects" label for this album and it's frankly confusing. I might be blinded by (not knowing anything about music &) really loving this album, but as someone who also loves Teenage Dream-era KP, this doesn't feel like that at all? When was Katy Perry ever making club music?? Problematique absolutely feels like Teenage Dream Revival (in a good way) but this project is so much more original and fun and interesting... I'm especially sad because all the tracklists posted here were SO much more cohesive and so drastically better as a listening experience than the official one and I feel like that especially did not put her best foot forward. If it were only Coconuts and Unholy that'd be one thing (Unholy doesn't differ too much from the overall vibe IMO especially as a bonus track) but then to also add all three Problematique songs?? Especially when her team was ostensibly trying to push her to more conventional success when they scrapped that album, to release tracks in this way is so counterproductive to that goal... UGH rant over. Praying for Problematique this summer as her team realizes it truly does not matter what she does it's the diehard fans who keep buying merch & tour tickets and then TOTLV3 after that amen and goodnight.

afd75b92a106afc7ae42e7c6aff46bd6.gif

On 6/24/2023 at 10:06 AM, Anonymcomenter said:

Feed The Beast (good and cohesive version):

1.       Feed The Beast

2.       Alone

3.       Uhoh

4.       King Of Hearts

5.       Castle In The Sky 

6.       BAIT (feat. Banks)

7.       Sex Talk

8.       Claws

9.       Minute

10.     Thousand Pieces

11.     Brrr

to quote myself, I will die in this hill but this tracklist works soooo much better than the original and it flows so well… makes me mad about the actual tracklist :facepalm:

like literally ANY tracklist would have worked better than the original at this point. I really don’t know who labels put up there to make decisions but they should be fired immediately and a gay should take their place instead. 

they are ruining our faves by making horrible career choices, songs under 2 minutes, a hundred samples and desperately trying to get a TikTok hit :toofloppy:

The Ava Maxification of them all :lange:

Yeah I have had the chance now to listen to the album all the way through multiple times and I do think that all of the songs are decent and theres no standout "awful" track or skip besides like, unholy if that even counts.

I don't think its a cohesive, or well made album necessarily though. And I do actually agree with the pitchfork review, but I do think like a 5/10 would be a better score.

Theres nothing on here that is groundbreaking, nothing about any of the tracks says "artistry". but there are songs that are fun to listen to.

Its just so overtly safe. Claws though is a standout track in her discography in my opinion.

I remember dragging Coconuts upon live performance and single release but I may have been too harsh… I'm kind of stanning now

MY COCONUTS…

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

22 minutes ago, slayyyngel said:

Yeah I have had the chance now to listen to the album all the way through multiple times and I do think that all of the songs are decent and theres no standout "awful" track or skip besides like, unholy if that even counts.

I don't think its a cohesive, or well made album necessarily though. And I do actually agree with the pitchfork review, but I do think like a 5/10 would be a better score.

Theres nothing on here that is groundbreaking, nothing about any of the tracks says "artistry". but there are songs that are fun to listen to.

Its just so overtly safe. Claws though is a standout track in her discography in my opinion.

Safe is the perfect word for this album.

Nobody is "attacking" Kim, except the people who usually do, and I don't think anyone counts the record as bad; it's just safe and doesn't live up to the full potential that Kim can deliver and has delivered in the past. It's not her fault, and most criticism in the thread seems directed at the label who IS at fault. I'm still going to enjoy the album, and it is an enjoyable experience.

36 minutes ago, Bubblez said:

Safe is the perfect word for this album.

Nobody is "attacking" Kim, except the people who usually do, and I don't think anyone counts the record as bad; it's just safe and doesn't live up to the full potential that Kim can deliver and has delivered in the past. It's not her fault, and most criticism in the thread seems directed at the label who IS at fault. I'm still going to enjoy the album, and it is an enjoyable experience.

Yeah I've went in on Kim several times harshly but its like, because I want Kim to be the best that she can be, and as a fan who has watched all this go down its nothing but frustrating to see how we got here in the end. I can only speak for myself though. 

The way I have already played Feed The Beast more than Midnights, Portals and Gag Order when I have said shit about this release over and over again for months… has me shook! 

I mean, is not perfect, but it’s an enjoyable listen if u pretend Unholy, Coconuts, HIFTB and Revelations never existed