BLURRYFACE

Rina Sawayama

On 8/5/2022 at 4:02 PM, paradiso said:

it feels like each of these pre-release singles are lacking in some department - this hell is a mess lyrically, catch me in the air feels a bit too on the nose with its lyrics and sonic references, and hold the girl's production on the verses sound too detached from the choruses. i know she's trying to merge genres and make pop songs about stuff that usually isn't discussed in pop music (the latter of which i really do appreciate), but it feels like the lyrical/production quality is being sacrificed for the sake of having some commercial appeal. i'm really hoping this is a sawayama situation where she just made weird single choices and the rest of the album is actually good  :oprah3:

i've never said anything bad about hold the girl. hold the girl is my friend

you know the bad part of debuting with a magnum opus is that you can never overcome it. anything you might do afterwards will be seen as inferior bc you can never replicate that much greatness again. that's what happened with hold the girl. she's a good girl! she just can't hold a candle to her predecessors

Rina went hard against Matt Healy.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

3 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Rina went hard against Matt Healy.

i really know its none of my business at all but i doooo wonder if she talked to charli about that since shes close with him…. 

19 hours ago, reflecting said:

i really know its none of my business at all but i doooo wonder if she talked to charli about that since shes close with him…. 

Yeah, this situation sucks a lot. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 6/25/2023 at 4:26 AM, reflecting said:

Would make sense now why when asked if she signed to Dirty Hit Charli said she would never

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

I don't get something... Why would Rina cover a 1975 song and put it on her album re-release as a bonus track, if she doesn't like Matt Healy? 

Just now, EXODUS said:

I don't get something... Why would Rina cover a 1975 song and put it on her album re-release as a bonus track, if she doesn't like Matt Healy? 

uhm that was 3 years ago and matty's behaviour wasn't as publicly known or criticised at that point

so she didn't know? 

3 minutes ago, 111 said:

uhm that was 3 years ago and matty's behaviour wasn't as publicly known or criticised at that point

so she didn't know? 

Didn't think about it, it might be that, makes sense. 

Thank you. 

Hold the Girl is being reissued with a different album cover both physically and digitally.

Such a better change, I wonder if there are new songs. 

1 hour ago, EXODUS said:

Hold the Girl is being reissued with a different album cover both physically and digitally.

Such a better change, I wonder if there are new songs. 

I don't think there'll be new songs, her post only suggested a CD, vinyl etc. reissue with the artwork of title track single cover (which is way superior than album cover imo) so I'd be surprised if new tracks appear on it

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

She changed the Hold the Girl cover on apple music to the superior blue one yupp I’ll never get why this wasn’t the standard cover in the first place it’s So much better than the red one and fits the whole album theme so well

qfrWuBl.png