Elle

Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center - January 5th, 2018

To be fair though you can't really expect her not to play Video Games, Blue Jeans and Born To Die because they're an original trinity. Artists always keep their biggest songs in the setlist. But the rest of the BTD tracks are interchangeable

So I went to listen to Scarborough Fair (the cover that she sang on the show) and maybe it wasn't like just something she wanted to sing.

Maybe it has to do with her inspiration when writing Cherry?

Look at this lyrics:

"Are you going to Scarborough Fair? Parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme" :creep: 

why are yall acting brand new

Show highlights:

- 13 Beaches, PWYC and Cherry (and that Scarborough Fair Cherry outro/cover) as a new holy trinity for her show openers. They fit very well together and her vocals were good!

- We got a new LFL track on the setlist, World At War! Her ad libs about Trump's twitter were funny, albeit kind of strange, and will probably get some media attention.

- She dressed up for us! Not that it really matters, but it def adds to the ambience of the show. Plus she is beautiful.

- It seems like she put in a lot of work in this show! The stage design was pretty cool!

- We got the National Anthem prologue song and the Ride monologue as interludes! 

- THE. MEDLEY. WE GOT BLACK BEAUTY FINALLY CAN WE APPRECIATE THAT. ALSO YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL. SO GOOD. SO AWESOME. 

- Her vocals during certain songs were especially beautiful tonight.

- She did the full band version of Love, which is different (though I preferred the acapella version. I was there for her SF, CA show and she did it that way and the way the crowd sang along was gorgeous)

- She did a really good job in general! 

Show downfalls:

- No Heroin or Get Free even though they're fan favorites from LFL

- Dancers were pointless for most of the songs, and kind of distracting too....

- OTTR is still the closer.

- No Yosemite or RBFY (though it's a reach)

- Too many BTD songs..... let's at least drop OTTR and Blue Jeans or Summertime Sadness......

Look, at least she didn't sing Cruel World. 

tenor.gif

Really? Maybe it was already discussed on the Cherry thread, sorry

Why you bitter? It's because of things like that you didn't win S9  :creep:

I'd take Cruel World over Summertime Sadness and Ultraviolence

I'd take Cruel World (the extended mix) over Summertime Sadness and Ultraviolence

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

Shocking nobody some twinks on LB are being ungrateful. Keep in mind:

BTD is her most popular album among her fans (not stans) and people who paid there hard earned cash to see her live would be really dissapointed to not hear some of the hits.

She sang a lot of new material tonite.

Its a huge tour if she hasb't sang a song you wanted she likely will later on in the tour. Also people are complaining that she sang Ultraviolence and Summertime Sadness when they were literally requested by the audience *the ones she's singing for.) Basically you just got to watch an awesome show for free (PWYC LIVE) so stop your damn complaining lol

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

No one shouted "Ultraviolence!". That doesn't make sense. 

People with GA and Silver VIP tix should do a little group meeting and come to a consensus. 

LOL I'm stopping there... the idea was good, but it died at consensus. Nevermind.

Oop I see y'all not lettin people express their feelings about shows as if anything other than a satisfactory opinion isn't allowed, let's not do this tonight and let people express their feelings no matter how positive or negative!  :beyonce:

:beyonce:

I'm not ungrateful, I'm just upset because I'm paying a lot of fucking money to see her. I personally do not like Born To Die, but I don't mind her singing the trinity (Video Games, Born To Die, and Blue Jeans) that built her career. I just want newer songs, rather than Serial Killer, Summertime Sadness (cause even she doesn't like this song), and Off To The Races. These songs ARE good, but I expect her to sing the fan favorite songs from Lust For Life, you know, the album she's touring to promote?? Rather than recycled songs that we're tired of her singing. What you guys aren't gonna do is call some of us ungrateful, and say we can't have opinions, when we spend over $200 for tickets. :oprah3:

The first half of the setlist was godly, and I even cried watching it. That last little bit was awful though. I'm proud of her for finally being comfortable and having the courage to sing tonight. Also, the stage looks amazing. And she finally dressed up! Just not happy with the song choices. 

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

I'm not ungrateful, I'm just upset because I'm paying a lot of fucking money to see her. I personally do not like Born To Die, but I don't mind her singing the trinity (Video Games, Born To Die, and Blue Jeans) that built her career. I just want newer songs, rather than Serial Killer, Summertime Sadness (cause even she doesn't like this song), and Off To The Races. These songs ARE good, but I expect her to sing the fan favorite songs from Lust For Life, you know, the album she's touring to promote?? Rather than recycled songs that we're tired of singing. What you guys aren't gonna do is call some of us ungrateful, and say we can't have opinions, when we spend over $200 for tickets. :oprah3:

The first half of the setlist was godly, and I even cried watching it. That last little bit was awful though. I'm proud of her for finally being comfortable and having the courage to sing tonight. Also, the stage looks amazing. And she finally dressed up! Just not happy with the song choices. 

THIS.

8nl2OpX.png

Y'all... Lana doesn't sit around on lb trying to find out what songs she wants y'all to sing. The forum's and twitter's fan favorites mean absolutely nothing to her and she probably doesn't know what the fuck they are lol. She's basically required to sing the handful of songs the rest of her life because of their status in pop culture, her fan base and career - same with every other artists. Be grateful you got to see her instead of complaining about a setlist you knew damn well was coming. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

"Thank you if you bought my last album Lust For Life. If not, I'm gonna sing BTD songs tonight to convince you to do so". Marketing strategies...

It went down after the medley (lol that word...). 

Songs 12-18, we heard them so many times beside Love. I was hyped for the first 2/3 part of the show. It sucks to end a show with a meh impression. The final is important  :creep: . The rest was fantastic! She's constantly evolving. Can't wait to listen to her 20th album when I'll be 80, collecting dust on my rocking chair. She will forever impress me.