Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The LFL singles (except for Love) were not the best and I hope the next era does a better job with that. UV had far superior singles.

the singles for Lana are always the songs that are more commercial that will attract people to her music (this is something that Lana said in an interview btw) and I think LFL era did pretty good at that, all of them are very commercial. Unless your talking about music videos, then I agree, white shouldve been one of the last songs to get a music video cause in Lana's world singles aren't the same as music videos, summer bummer was a single and didn't get a video whereas white mustang wasn't a single but got a video

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Okay I've been holding back my opinions because my love for Lana outweighs personal narrative. I honesty don't want a politically charged album, or with specifically modern influences or lyricism. I don't listen to her to think about the looming threat of war or women needing to put a light on outside to keep safe. That's just not comforting to me, and one of the reasons i listen to lana is because she soothes me. i feel like although lana is a very strong and opinionated woman and artist she was definitely influenced by unrelated topics for the lfl album. although i love lfl as it contains three of my top lana tracks ever, i really hope she doesn't go in this direction. and whats the damn tea with her scrapping the best songs off the album? if she ditched coachella and some of those political tracks and put yosemite and rbfy then i would be a happy camper. i know she tends to read this or her managers since they are always watching this site, i dont want her to think i dont admire and respect her or anything i just wish shed go back to her roots for this newer album. 

Gurl please work with someone like Father John Misty or Hozier. They'd be perfect for the sound she might be going for this LP, plus I feel they would really complement her to.

Are you and I the same person, because I think it sounds like a wonderful idea. :hair: (Aaaand I might be slightly biased because I absolutely adore Hozier and like a few Misty songs. :oopna: )

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Why do you not like Lana singing about happiness? Do you not care she has finally escaped her sadness and is in a much better place now?  :oprah3:

I feel like she always had songs in her previous albums that were in a happy tone, so idk why others would be upset by this. Plus, I'm sure she'll continue to make songs with a sad tone. Lana is never gonna be one emotion.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

you do realise that TNC and BPBP are already on lust for life though don't you? why would she release them again? they were bad enough the first time

masterpieces deserve re-releases, ms.worst taste.

Okay I've been holding back my opinions because my love for Lana outweighs personal narrative. I honesty don't want a politically charged album, or with specifically modern influences or lyricism. I don't listen to her to think about the looming threat of war or women needing to put a light on outside to keep safe. That's just not comforting to me, and one of the reasons i listen to lana is because she soothes me. i feel like although lana is a very strong and opinionated woman and artist she was definitely influenced by unrelated topics for the lfl album. although i love lfl as it contains three of my top lana tracks ever, i really hope she doesn't go in this direction. and whats the damn tea with her scrapping the best songs off the album? if she ditched coachella and some of those political tracks and put yosemite and rbfy then i would be a happy camper. i know she tends to read this or her managers since they are always watching this site, i dont want her to think i dont admire and respect her or anything i just wish shed go back to her roots for this newer album. 

happy camper, return to her roots

sounds very nature themed to me, we should all be happy campers at yosemite park sitting around the campfire humming songs from her incoming folk album  :party:  :party:

Why do you not like Lana singing about happiness? Do you not care she has finally escaped her sadness and is in a much better place now?  :oprah3:

This. I don't know why a lot of users are equating sadness as being indicative of good music. Her voice does have a naturally darker sound so there might be a greater synergy when she sings something darker in tone but I think she should continue exploring more idyllic themes and a "happier" sound. In fact, the contrast between her voice and the music on lighter and more upbeat tracks makes it sound more unique. I find it really refreshing when she uses her upper range on tracks like Radio, Without You, Brooklyn Baby, Bel Air, etc. Her voice sounds so light and full of energy in those songs! Plus, cute love songs were basically 85% of the material she wrote before Ultraviolence anyways. I'm just concerned about how the production on the new songs will be executed.

Why do you not like Lana singing about happiness? Do you not care she has finally escaped her sadness and is in a much better place now? :oprah3:

It's because her recent happier songs have been sooo dry and annoyingly weak, and HIAB rubs me the wrong way because it's her... singing solely about happiness? In what seems to be (from the 30 sec snippet) a pretty uninspired and cliché manner

I think it's also because we've just heard Lana dance around the topic of happiness SO often since Love debuted - in every interview; that wide, manufactured smile on the LFL cover; her lyricism and newfound obsession with doing a complete 180 on her previous ideas (like censoring herself to be a positive influence). It's just boring now. There's more to dwell on than happiness you know

And it's not to say that she didn't do the same with her sad songs - she's sung directly about sadness on many songs (e.g literally sad girl) BUT she imo executed those songs much better because they carried her persona, aesthetics, and had interesting production

She did say that being on a more positive level will elevate her creativity, so what I'm hoping for from LDR6 is something unexpected again, a sonic and visual divergence on the same magnitude as BTD>UV, and not songs that are incredibly bland in their meaning and mood

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

i still think about a heroin video with visuals like this everyday

HNqlJGD.gif

FmgKWb8.gif?1

this clip wasn't actually used in any music video right? Cause I only remember seeing it in ultra's album trailer

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

It's because her recent happier songs have been sooo dry and annoyingly weak, and HIAB rubs me the wrong way because it's her... singing solely about happiness? In what seems to be (from the 30 sec snippet) a pretty uninspired and cliché manner

I think it's also because we've just heard Lana dance around the topic of happiness SO often since Love debuted - in every interview; that wide, manufactured smile on the LFL cover; her lyricism and newfound obsession with doing a complete 180 on her previous ideas (like censoring herself to be a positive influence). It's just boring now. There's more to dwell on than happiness you know

And it's not to say that she didn't do the same with her sad songs - she's sung directly about sadness on many songs (e.g literally sad girl) BUT she imo executed those songs much better because they carried her persona, aesthetics, and had interesting production

She did say that being on a more positive level will elevate her creativity, so what I'm hoping for from LDR6 is something unexpected again, a sonic and visual divergence on the same magnitude as BTD>UV, and not songs that are incredibly bland in their meaning and mood

Okay, this 100%

You always hit the nail on the head

masterpieces deserve re-releases, ms.worst taste.

happy camper, return to her roots

sounds very nature themed to me, we should all be happy campers at yosemite park sitting around the campfire humming songs from her incoming folk album  :party:  :party:

IM-

Did someone on this thread have the sheer audacity to say that Video Games was a Happy Song????

​and, btw, Honeymoon was no Happy song nor album either.until the final battle outcome and she directly wanted to make sure

​that she was NOT misunderstood there.

one might have to go back to Gramma

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

i know she tends to read this or her managers since they are always watching this site, i dont want her to think i dont admire and respect her or anything i just wish shed go back to her roots for this newer album. 

giphy.gif

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I think I have concluded that although I love LFL, I am hoping there will be no more trap beats on LDR6. I feel like it's gotten to a point where... it's just time to move on?

I would LOVE to have an album with production like MTWBT or TBD  :flutter:

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Although I respect her vision and I'm here for the happy era she wants, it reflects on the music itself I don't mean lyrics because I love her poetry no matter the topic but damn if the production is flat....

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif