Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

It's because her recent happier songs have been sooo dry and annoyingly weak, and HIAB rubs me the wrong way because it's her... singing solely about happiness? In what seems to be (from the 30 sec snippet) a pretty uninspired and cliché manner

I think it's also because we've just heard Lana dance around the topic of happiness SO often since Love debuted - in every interview; that wide, manufactured smile on the LFL cover; her lyricism and newfound obsession with doing a complete 180 on her previous ideas (like censoring herself to be a positive influence). It's just boring now. There's more to dwell on than happiness you know

And it's not to say that she didn't do the same with her sad songs - she's sung directly about sadness on many songs (e.g literally sad girl) BUT she imo executed those songs much better because they carried her persona, aesthetics, and had interesting production

She did say that being on a more positive level will elevate her creativity, so what I'm hoping for from LDR6 is something unexpected again, a sonic and visual divergence on the same magnitude as BTD>UV, and not songs that are incredibly bland in their meaning and mood

Did you just say Get free is annoying weak? Get free sweetie im so sorry

Oh and by the way, if you don't like the new Lana, the Lana that is finally finding hapiness, let me quote her for you: "I think you know, you just don't negotiate, when it comes to your work, you just , or your art, you just stand totally firm and take the consequences, in terms of losing fans I don't care. PERIOD."

So you know, if you don't like her being a happy person the door is right there  :byeh8rs2:

giphy.gif

It makes me sad that Lana still won't do any live TV, she has a great personality and I'd have loved to see her on some talk shows to promote LFL. I know the SNL backlash really got to her, but I guess she still hasn't shaken it

Did you just say Get free is annoying weak? Get free sweetie im so sorry

Oh and by the way, if you don't like the new Lana, the Lana that is finally finding hapiness, let me quote her for you: "I think you know, you just don't negotiate, when it comes to your work, you just , or your art, you just stand totally firm and take the consequences, in terms of losing fans I don't care. PERIOD."

So you know, if you don't like her being a happy person the door is right there :byeh8rs2:

Lol who said get free is a happy song? It's melancholic at best, searching for a lightness and making sense of her journey to where she is now. The production, lyrics - its all brilliant. Get Free is not what I'm talking about

And you're quoting lana as if I wouldn't leave if I didn't like her new direction... Nobody is under any compulsion to stay? You are allowed to have opinions on her sound, that's not hating :eartha: my problem isn't with her being happy, how could that even be an issue? It's the new blandness that's manifested in her

But we'll see how she takes things. I know she won't disappoint, and I have hope that she'll give us something extraordinary like she always does

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

her managers are good tbh

they made Dua Lipa a thing

it's not their fault that she is reluctant to do anything

yeah this is more-so of what i meant to say 

a new label too  :creep: I know she can't just do that, because of contracts you know. 

meh i think interscope/Polydor is best for her. if she gets out of them shell have to go to labels that'll definetly not promote her or labels that will push her over the edge with promo

It makes me sad that Lana still won't do any live TV, she has a great personality and I'd have loved to see her on some talk shows to promote LFL. I know the SNL backlash really got to her, but I guess she still hasn't shaken it

Yeah she doesn't even do European TV anymore, she had some really good performances when she did TV overseas back in 2011/2012. 

Ya'll know it's possible to be happy AND make good music? The ones who are supporting her new political direction are basically saying they're okay with Lana making bland music

I know we criticize Lana's songwriting on Coachella but she has never been as bad as Miley sat songwriting (See FeadPetz) 

Dead Petz is a masterpiece though

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I know we criticize Lana's songwriting on Coachella but she has never been as bad as Miley sat songwriting (See FeadPetz)

Dead Petz is her BEST, most experimental & the richest era what are you on

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

​@trailerparkdarling

Get free is a conduit between this album and next, between getting happier and being there

and continuing, something that means what was going on in the past is not where she needs to be tomorrow

as that was the cointuing sadness inside her.

I am not sure why you want her to leave the record company (if it is to go on her own, why should she do that, when she now is one

of the most profitable and to go private would not accomplish that. 

She has 4 albums, 2 of which were #1, 2 were #2.

Far bigger voice through a record company as it stands now and Elizabeth wants her voice to be heard, but it's Elizabeth that is speaking now.

Whether she sings a song that someone may think is trite, it still has meaning.

Almost every artist releases an album that is not a story album, and there is one or two great songs, the rest is filler.

Lana is giving 100% on every cut, every cut is meaningful, and not a tossaway (including the covers, including Burnt Norton, which to the narrative of Honeymoon was extremely important  AND WHICH IF ONE READS IT AND GETS IT, it is showing one cannot go home again because that is gone forever 

and look how Lana hoodwinked misogynist males like Dan A. and her record company who had loudly put her down, into become a major fan of hers (and how he actually then recorded a Lana type album to piggyback off of her and how 95% of her vision for Ultraviolence was still in the final product.

(and note the shift in melody(backward), was something done years ago by Lee Hazelwood and Nancy Sinatra, two people Lana

was fully into and didn't take Dan A to bring her there. (And note- Lana has bigger and better chart stats than the Black Keys or Dan solo,

which is what I think his original bitching was about, sheer jealousy.

So why not just go along for the ride (pun intended)  (and if people don't like it, well, I am an Elton John/ Pet Shop boy fan from day one for each...all those people that say both are not what they were at the start of their careers, have missed some of their best material, regardless of whether it was the biggest radio hit or not)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Speaking of album covers, I would like to see a cover art without her face. She’s really pretty, but I sometimes think that other covers are more interesting, I prefer the Urban Outfitters version of UV for example.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

yeah this is more-so of what i meant to say 

meh i think interscope/Polydor is best for her. if she gets out of them shell have to go to labels that'll definetly not promote her or labels that will push her over the edge with promo

Agreed!!

I am not an insider whatsoever, but other labels tend to control so much more the creative process.

Speaking of album covers, I would like to see a cover art without her face. She’s really pretty, but I sometimes think that other covers are more interesting, I prefer the Urban Outfitters version of UV for example.

I love the UO version of Ultra. I think it looks more mysterious, moody, and angsty; which is what Ultra is. 

If you guys were to write an abum what would the cover of it look like? 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Lol who said get free is a happy song? It's melancholic at best, searching for a lightness and making sense of her journey to where she is now. The production, lyrics - its all brilliant. Get Free is not what I'm talking about

And you're quoting lana as if I wouldn't leave if I didn't like her new direction... Nobody is under any compulsion to stay? You are allowed to have opinions on her sound, that's not hating :eartha: my problem isn't with her being happy, how could that even be an issue? It's the new blandness that's manifested in her

But we'll see how she takes things. I know she won't disappoint, and I have hope that she'll give us something extraordinary like she always does

I think she will still be that bitch, you know, even if she sings about her fans, or about happy stuff, she'll always have that gangster nancy Sinatra bad bitch persona with her

giphy.gif