Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Same. I feel like the extra-ness of the cover was totally intentional, and that's what's so great about it.

On the Born To Die cover, you have this girl in a neat, pressed white shirt and skirt with her hair perfectly curled, standing in what could be any neighborhood in front of an old car looking down at the camera - I always thought she even looked a bit timid. Music-wise, she's singing about swinging in the backyard and finally getting noticed for her music (playin' on the radio, how do you like me now?).

Fast forward to the Paradise cover, and it's all about that post-BTD fame she was searching for for so long, and the extravagance that might come with that newfound fame and riches. Her hair's down, she's showing skin, she's poolside overlooking California, and she's got her chest up and hand on her hip, glaring at the camera like the bad bitch she is.  :smokes2: Music-wise she's moved from the backyard into the land of gods and monsters and singing about certain figures in Cola.

I want this entire paragraph tattoed on my forehead.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

If you guys were to write an abum what would the cover of it look like? 

as much as I love artistic covers, I know my predictable ass would use a photo of my dog Baxter for the cover 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

For those that maybe don't realize it-

​She lets you into her world when she wants to. 

And 10 out of 9 times, when she lets you in, somethings brewing

​Because all those other times she hasn't opened any portal for anyone to see

pOSAqs0.gif

I can't believe she went and got a bigass truck  :crossed:  like gurl how is that convenient in LA where there's fuck all for parking and traffic 24/7?

okay but isn't it cute how humble she is and decides to buy an affordable chevy truck as her vehicle to drive

giphy.gif

Still shook that she legit scrapper bar, despite having filmed a whole fucking MV for it. Yet she didn't scrap love when it leaked. :icant:

Agreed. Ugh! 

I'm not trying to be all conspiracy crazy, but I can't help but think that the leak of BAR was somewhat intentional on Lana's part... Remember how Rich Lee asked her if she wanted to do the other song? It means that they shot scenes for both BAR and WM. Why would they do that? Were they anticipating a probable leak?  :creep:

@delreyfreak

​that is NOT a mistake, I wrote that for a reason....

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Agreed. Ugh! 

I'm not trying to be all conspiracy crazy, but I can't help but think that the leak of BAR was somewhat intentional on Lana's part... Remember how Rich Lee asked her if she wanted to do the other song? It means that they shot scenes for both BAR and WM. Why would they do that? Were they anticipating a probable leak?  :creep:

:wat:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

First the adidas mess and now the redneck truck? Lana what happened to being glamorous?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

okay but isn't it cute how humble she is and decides to buy an affordable chevy truck as her vehicle to drive

honesty it is endearing and she probably wanted something that makes her feel a little more intimidating but like, she says she likes to go driving to clear her head (or something, not sure which interview) so why not something a little smaller for the city with better gas mileage?  :toofunny: 

I'm also salty bc she said she wanted a Tesla next and we would've matched 

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

... we do imagine if Lana saw us

at what age did ya'll become Lana fans? i realized i was 12 when i first fell in love w her lol

I had just turned 16 a week before or so. 22 now

she's always liked her glamour with a side of trash so this fits imo.

That trash side she once was incorporating in her imagery was a little bit trashier and on purpose

Now she's just lazy trashy imo

You guys making me excited for that truck but then seeing this big car... I dont know anything about cars but I expected something TNC-y :noparty:

Her saying she's thinking of removing her tats... And blending in... And wearing these 10$ looking sneakers with a random Target shirt...

I'm the last person to expect glamour from her but damn that laziness

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

That trash side she once was incorporating in her imagery was a little bit trashier and on purpose

Now she's just lazy trashy imo

You guys making me excited for that truck but then seeing this big car... I dont know anything about cars but I expected something TNC-y :noparty:

Her saying she's thinking of removing her tats... And blending in... And wearing these 10$ looking sneakers with a random Target shirt...

I'm the last person to expect glamour from her but damn that laziness

i see what you mean. she does seem to be putting comfort over aesthetics more and more nowadays. the white trash-y vibes are always there bc it's something that genuinely appeals to her, but it's less... spectacular & effect-oriented, i guess. i do think we're prob blowing this truck thing out of proportion tho, but if lana stans can't be drama queens who can tbh.

as for blending in, maybe her growing fame & all the incidents with crazy fans made her want to be more inconspicuous and discreet in her private life / outside the stage ? idk. but removing her tats tho... WHY.