Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

She clearly wanted the video to be for bar..''My baby used to dance underneath my architecture'' while the video was filmed in a Lottner house and lana has said in the past that she loves the architecture of these type of houses..And also later in the video you can see that guy working on some super performant stuff..what looked like mixing some songs, being obsessed with his work of creating the next best american record, and kind of ignoring Lana beacause of his obsession...The mystery is what is the other song that Lana wanted to switch on set? Because I don't think it's white mustang..the video was shot I think way before she wrote white mustang, because she clearly said white mustang along with cherry were written in march-april, 2017, I believe?....SO WHAT IS THAT OTHER DAMN SONG??

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

She clearly wanted the video to be for bar..''My baby used to dance underneath my architecture'' while the video was filmed in a Lottner house and lana has said in the past that she loves the architecture of these type of houses..And also later in the video you can see that guy working on some super performant stuff..what looked like mixing some songs, being obsessed with his work of creating the next best american record, and kind of ignoring Lana beacause of his obsession...The mystery is what is the other song that Lana wanted to switch on set? Because I don't think it's white mustang..the video was shot I think way before she wrote white mustang, because she clearly said white mustang along with cherry were written in march-april, 2017, I believe?....SO WHAT IS THAT OTHER DAMN SONG??

Back to the Basics

She clearly wanted the video to be for bar..''My baby used to dance underneath my architecture'' while the video was filmed in a Lottner house and lana has said in the past that she loves the architecture of these type of houses..And also later in the video you can see that guy working on some super performant stuff..what looked like mixing some songs, being obsessed with his work of creating the next best american record, and kind of ignoring Lana beacause of his obsession...The mystery is what is the other song that Lana wanted to switch on set? Because I don't think it's white mustang..the video was shot I think way before she wrote white mustang, because she clearly said white mustang along with cherry were written in march-april, 2017....SO WHAT IS THAT OTHER DAMN SONG??

I absolutely agree with you. I'm going crazy over here lol. I've been comparing the Yosemite snippet with the melody and they seem to match, especially the "we did it for the right reasons" part. The way she sort of 'adlibs' (is that a verb?) the word "reasons" seem similar.

You can check for yourself on this site to see the videos side by side.

Someone else already mentioned it, and considering the fact that Lana herself said that Yosemite and BAR were like Yin and Yang, the most likely possibility is that these video scenes were probably intended for BAR AND Yosemite... 

It all makes sense: 

- White Mustang wasn't recorded before the video was shot (hence she doesn't sing in the video)

- The video was most likely intended for BAR (supported by the few lines she sang in the BTS video and the obvious imagery) AND Yosemite (or maybe I need hearing aids)

I'm too excited to properly type lmao. Someone take the wheel

Tbh I think the only other song it could be is Yosemite - it's BAR's other half. I think she intended the WM video to be a double video of BAR and Yosemite... 

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Edit: @@ivy beat me to it except said it in a much better way... oops...

I absolutely agree with you. I'm going crazy over here lol. I've been comparing the Yosemite snippet with the melody and they seem to match, especially the "we did it for the right reasons" part. The way she sort of 'adlibs' (is that a verb?) the word "reasons" seem similar.

Someone else already mentioned it, and considering the fact that Lana herself said that Yosemite and BAR were like Yin and Yang, the most likely possibility is that these video scenes were probably intended for BAR AND Yosemite... 

It all makes sense: 

- White Mustang wasn't recorded before the video was shot (hence she doesn't sing in the video)

- The video was most likely intended for BAR (supported by the few lines she sang in the BTS video and the obvious imagery) AND Yosemite (or maybe I need hearing aids)

YAS YOU HAVE CRACKED THE WM CODE!!!

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Wouldn't it be absolutely crazy to think that maybe we lost Yosemite due to the BAR leak? 

I know, I know, Lana herself said that Yosemite was too happy, but why would she put out a song that's only a "yin" without a "yang"? She couldn't give it to us fully because of the damn leak... Which is actually such a shame.

Also thought why would she clearly have a car that was not a white mustang in the music video?

Right? a bit weird

@@californianfreak @@ivy I totally believe you guys. To add up to what you said, Yosemite was her favourite, or one of her favourite songs on LFL so it's pretty probable that she made a video for it...I don't know I hope I'm not reaching but I think this is true...The truth that eas laying under our noses all this time  :toofunny:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

OK..I just entered on youtube and the first video recommended..out of all the possible recommendations, was this one 

I'm not even kidding, wtf, am I being watched or something??  :horror:

It all makes sense: 

this is some good work tbh omg

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

I just thought... what if the "other song" was actually Get Free since it has a little part in the video?

But, didn't she mention one time about new videos that she would do post LFL release and she said either cherry or get free? and that was the moment everyone started the hype around the cherry video, because pretty much no one wanted it for get free?  :toofunny: And btw, that part does not make any sense. Get free is about personal change to a better version of yourself and she put it as background for a missile in the sky..which would've fit better a political track like WTWWAWWKD 

I just thought... what if the "other song" was actually Get Free since it has a little part in the video?

I'd like to believe that. But I think she sort of imposed a new sense of meaning onto the already filmed scenes. Trying to make something of these "useless" expensive scenes filmed by an expensive director.

For instance, in the MTV interview (posted by @@UltraHeroin a few posts above), when asked whether it is a rocket or missile going up in the air, she says: "it started as a rocket, a year ago. And as tensions had been rising with North Korea, I've been thinking about it more as having a nuclear connotation". Which to me seems, idk how to put it... Uninspired. Uninspired, because it was not an integral part of the creative process, but rather imposed later on. 

But, didn't she mention one time about new videos that she would do post LFL release and she said either cherry or get free? and that was the moment everyone started the hype around the cherry video, because pretty much no one wanted it for get free?  :toofunny: And btw, that part does not make any sense. Get free is about personal change to a better version of yourself and she put it as background for a missile in the sky..which would've fit better a political track like WTWWAWWKD 

Yeah, probably it wasn't Get Free. I agree the part of Get Free chosen right at the rocket wasn't a great decision, it should have been used at the end when she's driving the car...

GET FREE ??? NOTING THE LITTLE SNIPPET IN THERE

giphy.gif

I retract my earlier statement that Lana herself anticipated a probable leak. What I believe what happened is that she had already filmed BAR and Yosemite. Then BAR leaked. And I think this leak affected both the rollout of LFL AND her artistic process. 

bitches this is what I'm HERE FOR . wow to think that this happened because of a leak... we need to be careful . her on Twitter RIGHT NOW AS WE DISCOVER THIS HIDDEN MESSAGE ABOUT BAR AND YOSEMITE TALKING ABOUT NEW MUSIC IS CRAZY . THERES SOMETHING IN THE WIND, I CAN FEEL IT BLOWIN

THIS WHOLE TIME ITS NOT HER BEING LAZY AND NOT BEING SMART, ITS THE FANS RUINING THE ERA ...

giphy.gif