Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

... we do imagine if Lana saw us

at what age did ya'll become Lana fans? i realized i was 12 when i first fell in love w her lol

22 lol, well 21! I wasn’t 22 until April.

omg nooo :( Paradise is one of my favorites I feel like/hope that they intentionally made it tacky because the album and its "Paradise" vibe. When I say tacky, I mean like Las Vegas tacky with the Bellagio. Whenever I see the cover it reminds me of the Gods and Monsters music video/Tropico as a whole.

Same. I feel like the extra-ness of the cover was totally intentional, and that's what's so great about it.

On the Born To Die cover, you have this girl in a neat, pressed white shirt and skirt with her hair perfectly curled, standing in what could be any neighborhood in front of an old car looking down at the camera - I always thought she even looked a bit timid. Music-wise, she's singing about swinging in the backyard and finally getting noticed for her music (playin' on the radio, how do you like me now?).

Fast forward to the Paradise cover, and it's all about that post-BTD fame she was searching for for so long, and the extravagance that might come with that newfound fame and riches. Her hair's down, she's showing skin, she's poolside overlooking California, and she's got her chest up and hand on her hip, glaring at the camera like the bad bitch she is.  :smokes2: Music-wise she's moved from the backyard into the land of gods and monsters and singing about certain figures in Cola.

giphy-1.gif 

sis no, a ripped jean is better than lana's black and white portrait of her stepping out of her 1981 mercedes after filming the west coast video? i dont think so

Yes, I prefer the red nails being a strong contrast to her trashed jeans. The nails give me a vibe of femininity, the color scheme makes it dark and the jeans symbolizes violence to me. Her fingers at the threads make me think of her trying to put together her now unstable, trashed life.

The other cover is great too, but I don’t know... the UO cover speaks to me in a different way.

I think I was 17 when I discovered and loved Lana by the way.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Same. I feel like the extra-ness of the cover was totally intentional, and that's what's so great about it.

On the Born To Die cover, you have this girl in a neat, pressed white t-shirt and skirt with her hair perfectly curled, standing in what could be any neighborhood in front of an old car looking down at the camera - I always thought she even looked a bit timid. Music-wise, she's singing about swinging in the backyard and finally getting noticed for her music (playin' on the radio, how do you like me now?).

Fast forward to the Paradise cover, and it's all about that post-BTD fame she was searching for for so long, and the extravagance that might come with that newfound fame and riches. Her hair's down, she's showing skin, she's poolside overlooking California, and she's got her chest up and hand on her hip, glaring at the camera like the bad bitch she is.  :smokes2: Music-wise she's moved from the backyard into the land of gods and monsters and singing about certain figures in Cola.

best description oh her artworks ever

I can't believe she went and got a bigass truck  :crossed:  like gurl how is that convenient in LA where there's fuck all for parking and traffic 24/7?

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

Ugh she was seen with her ugly Chevy truck today...maybe this country folk mess is happening

girl i was thinking she had this kind of pickup truck, not the one you drive to a construction site with DeWalt tools in the back aksjdkdkd

70ChevyFrtLt.jpg

I can't believe she went and got a bigass truck :crossed: like gurl how is that convenient in LA where there's fuck all for parking and traffic 24/7?

She uses valet everywhere lmao.

I just don’t get the point of a truck? What is she carrying around, all the lies she tells us?

girl i was thinking she had this kind of pickup truck, not the one you drive to a construction site with DeWalt tools in the back aksjdkdkd

70ChevyFrtLt.jpg

She said in that radio interview recently that she’s over the vintage cars, she likes her Bluetooth lol

I just don’t get the point of a truck? What is she carrying around, all the lies she tells us?

Omg :rip:

She said in that radio interview recently that she’s over the vintage cars, she likes her Bluetooth lol

LMAOO drag ha !

and ahh true 

NEPOTISM!

Everything she shoots of lana seems to me like they just went out behind the garage and took like 4 pictures and picked whichever looked best from that. Which is frustrating cause I find her a lot better when she works with other artists. Maybe cause they're sisters they're more casual and don't push one another as much.

i think Lana truly likes Chuck's photos and how she captures her. i don't remember in which interview/occasion it was, but Lana did say that she's lucky to have someone who completely understands her vision and is able to translate it into photography unlike any other person she's worked with. Chuck's work is often hit and miss for me too, but i don't think her sticking around has anything to do with guilt or inability to say no on Lana's part. i think Lana trusts her and genuinely likes what she does, and i'm p sure she's also more at ease to say 'i hate this/this is not what i want, let's do it again' a 100x at Chuck than at any other photographer, so in the end she prob gets the exact result she wants with her rather than an approximation with someone else.

tl;dr i don't think Lana is a vulnerable little thing at all and always does exactly whatever tf she wants, and that also goes re: Chuck

... we do imagine if Lana saw us

at what age did ya'll become Lana fans? i realized i was 12 when i first fell in love w her lol

I was 15 when I became a fan, but I was still discovering her, so I would say I became a true fan at 16

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

For those that maybe don't realize it-

​She lets you into her world when she wants to. 

And 10 out of 9 times, when she lets you in, somethings brewing

​Because all those other times she hasn't opened any portal for anyone to see

​That means the truck is a hint. Might not end up being what appears, but for now one does have to think what does that mean

​me thinks I got it

y'all.

​..................

​on  a separate tangent-

​did you read that in the US, the US car companies are just about doing away with cars altogether

(how this reminds me of when CDs first started)

​and that the only cars that will be imported from overseas companies are limited edition models that are going to raise the price of

​a simple car to rich man status.

they gonna say truck van suv is all you get, all you need, all you want

​(note- this paragraph has nothing to do with the top part)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp